Celestial DPS is way OP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Infinity, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cadens Dedicated Player

You said nothing about plague. You said AE spells, most of which split. Your post was a whine, nothing more.
  2. LegsRageQuit New Player

If Plague = Area of Effect Damage then how was this a "wine." The only thing I left out was the name of the AOE (Area of Effect) damage that does not split like the other power sets.
  3. Cadens Dedicated Player

So what exactly did you add to this conversation besides vague references to AE powers? Exactly.
  4. LegsRageQuit New Player

Don't worry Caden. The power will be "balanced" and a vast majority of ppl that paid 10 dollars to repsec to the "Flavor of the Month" will respec back to something else like Quantum:). It is always the sub par DPS that don't want to learn a powerset and their support role. SOE makes A LOT of money off of these people who think it's the power and not their lack of skill that does damage and they pay 10 bucks to justify that. Jokes on them...
  5. Cadens Dedicated Player

Well that part we can agree on.
    • Like x 1
  6. LegsRageQuit New Player

I bumped the conversation and you helped me do that so....THANK YOU!
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

There is more to life than trying to get a video game power nerfed. You do know that right? This thread can be bumped 1000 times, and it wont matter. It just makes it pretty funny that you care so much that another DPS power is making you look like a noob. When it comes down to it, good players can hang with celestial in any scenario. Just a shame people would rather nerf another powerset, than try to see what THEY could do to improve themselves.
    • Like x 1
  8. LegsRageQuit New Player

I made a couple of posts.....that hardly makes me "so dedicated to the cause" As far as it "not mattering"; I have been around this game for a minute and every time the people create threads like these the power was "balanced."

As for "keeping up" I do just fine and complete my raids with no problem. I just don't like to see your "noob" dps think that jumping to one powerset makes them "skilled."

The fact is that the power is NOT balanced as laid out in this thread. If you want to call me a "whinner" for wanting to fix a deficiency then FLAME ON
    • Like x 2
  9. Sytenia Committed Player

I never said I take pride in anything.
    What I can test is how much power each power uses and then how much damage it returns for it in what time. After testing those things and getting an idea of their numbers I can test them in different instances to find out how well they work in there, how the damage splits, how easy they are to pull off and such. While and after doing all that I can compare to what I can do with other powersets.

Now why would I want to test Renew Curse? This whole thread is about damage but even if you want to test healing powers in there you can too. Put yourself in combat with a sparring target, take your gear off and put it back on then test it to see how much it heals and testing how much power it uses can always be done regardless.
  10. xRyujin New Player

If you don't know what RenewcCurse does, then please stop posting about a powerset you have no idea about and for which you "tested" 1-2 powers of. To me it sounds like your "testing" is lacking in understanding the basics of that power.
  11. Sytenia Committed Player

Whatever, you just go back to comparing scoreboards and basing things on that.
  12. Cybernaut21 New Player

Or maybe people who care about the game know that balanced power sets are better for the game they love than having one or two power sets be ridiculously overpowered. I'm not a fan of nerfs either, but there is a huge disparity between the top powersets and those below them. When you see people only calling for and accepting celestial dps for t5 raids you know there is a problem with balance. The biggest dishonesty I see in these discussion is when people claim its just the player not the power, which is absolute nonsense. It's like saying it's all driver in a race between a corvette and a dodge neon. Obviously driver skill would matter, but if each driver was even somewhat competent, the car would decide the winner of that race, and the same goes with power sets in this game.
    • Like x 2
  13. iLove Frannyyy New Player

You should create your own thread for this. This is really good
  14. Cadens Dedicated Player

Reduce the power consumption across the board for DPS role. Problem solved. I think its ridiculous that a DPS is out of power after 1 rotation. That is the ONLY advantage celestial has. I can run through 2 rotations without a hint of power issues.
  15. lanternknight Committed Player

What does WEAPON attacks being vulnerable to blocks and interrupt have anything to do with what I said about celestials combos being vulnerable? Celestial combos are not weapons. Lol. Once again they are the only POWER that is vulnerable to everything. Hardlight does not have that promblem. Except for hold claw. They can just spam their combos over and over. I know because I was hardlight on one of my toons since t4.

Yes, I can say you don't know what are talking about, because if you did you would understand the simpleness of my post on power consumption. Slower combos wothout clips use LESS power. Pot and dumps during that combos. Fast clip happy can burn power like anyone else. Those that clip less use less power and put out less damage then those that clip everything and burn a lot of power and do more damage. Especially tbose that do the defile combo. But you should know all this since you are celestial user.

The thing is your not. Screwing around with a power for a little bit does not constitute you really knowing a power. Like i said, the fact that all the combos are interruptable is what makes it balanced. Risk reward. No other powers have bigger risks for no damage like celestial. Except those powers with ONE cast power. Some have two. Like fire and mental. So the damage is where it should be.

I am no slouch at dpsing and I have gone up against HL and gadget dps that have no problem keeping up with or out damaging me in raids. Should those ppwers be nerfed too?.

The people that make these nerf posts when not trully knowing are the ones that are ignorant and are just dps scorecard chasing cry babies.
    • Like x 1
  16. PODER INFINITO Well-Known Player

Once upon a time, people were complaining about sorcery dps being overpowered and look how that went, then Ppl started to say that HL was too OP, now yall whinners are saying something about celestial? Hell no!
    Id like to say that despite the nerfs towards Sorcery DPS and HL, i can still out dps a celestial DPS, and im not only saying this out of my egocentric being, im saying this because ive seen CEL DPSS using retribution C wither and plague C DL and i could still out dps em with every other ppwerset but earth( not because it aint good but because i havent tryed it) and i believe its becausr i do my research about loadouts, i spend time testing those loadouts and above all i am a fast clipper which i believe thats the most required skill to be a really good dps, u gotta clipp fast and smart. Think about it this way, Ppl is saying that HL is still OP but the reality is that it is equaly good as other powersets, ppl think its OP because nowadays almost every person in the game knows a few HL combos which ad the matter fact all of em include clipping, therefore, ppl see a HL dps using a really good loadout plus the smart clipping anf he thinks "hes a beast DPS, o wait a second, hes HL..... No wonder why hes top dpsing" its all about stereotipes and it ll always be even in the real life.
    Before making a thread like this, u have to keep in mind the following things:

do u have any mathematical fact that suggest Celestial being OP?
    if not its because u just got dps out from a CEL DPS, in this scenario u have to say which weap where u using, how FAST were you clipping it, how were you rotating ur trinkets, which powerset you have and which loadout were u using?
    Anywho, before making a thread about powersets being OP, BETTER YALL DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
    • Like x 2
  17. lanternknight Committed Player

Well said.
    • Like x 1
  18. lanternknight Committed Player

Electric got messed with because the pvp community. They didn't like electric genesis. I think that is the name. Havent used it in awhile. The one power that puts the aura on two targets and damages everything near it. They sad it did to much damage.

Celestial isn't a problem in pvp because the interruptable combos and the large window to interrupt them.
    • Like x 1
  19. Vyltran Loyal Player

Close this thread...
  20. The God New Player

Celestial is clearly stronger than other powersets.
    I'd prefer it nerfed slightly, because it is unfair. And I am celestial.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.