Celestial DPS is way OP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Infinity, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xRyujin New Player

Kaiser keeps doing great work with these movies but he misses the point. How are you going to be able to show me the dmg of curse ticking on a sparring target? What about the finishers? HL is what it is and it's ok to show me a movie of it bashing a sparring's head in, but you can't show the actual dmg of a finisher. Mental has amazing finishers and you can't make a movie about it's dmg potential because the sparring target doesn't have enough HP to show you that. This movies are good to show spammable low end powers, not High dmging powers/dots. The higher the level of the raid you are in, the more variables need to be taken into consideration. Kaiser's movies are great for the majority of people who, from my perspective play at an intermediate level. What about supply rotation in a raid? You have 7 other people that can drop a supply to buff your dmg. Couple that with your trinkets and you get crazy dmg. Just using powers with no aditional buffs is useless. It just shows that power's potential in solos and not even then. I find myself missing up to 30% of constructs in T5 duos if I get the aggro first. The game no longer has a point and spam gameplay style. It has become more refined and you need to be more versatile. Although I appreciate kaiser's movies, they are just something to start you on your path to dpsing. Don't take them as the only way to go by, especially because not even kaiser sticks to his own "movie moves" and he always adds in something "extra" that he will never show you in his movies.
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

Malediction activates curse on sparing dummies. Try it ;)
  3. xRyujin New Player

Yeah, but not the full potential. Tried it and if you don't use malediction, if the target does more dmg, you will see higher numbers. Malediction limits the dmg.
  4. Cadens Dedicated Player

Gotcha. I am fully might based DPS, and i found I do more damage with celestial as a might base. I run retrib/wither - malediction / benediction, dark pact, curse, life drain, divine light.
  5. Cadens Dedicated Player

Wait so if I attack a boss in Wave and I dont use malediction at all, are you saying curse will tick higher? Or curse will tick higher regardless?
  6. xRyujin New Player

Curse makes the target hit itself. If you use malediction it will pop some might ticks. However if you don't use mal, the ticks from the target dmging itself will be higher. In dox, let's say you cast curse on tyrant when he's using the beam. he will get more (higher dmg) ticks of dmg on himself than using curse+mal. But the target needs to attack smthing to get that dmg. IF it doesn't you won't be doing any dmg.
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

So wouldnt it make sense to just pop dark pact, and mal / curse so you are guaranteed ticks? Malediction tick high in itself, and I would wager that the two of them would do more damage than curse by itself.
  8. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Also if you use Curse then Mal, Mal double ticks.
  9. Cadens Dedicated Player

Thats actually curse ticking with Mal. It only double ticks every 2 ticks. Curse doesnt tick as often.
  10. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Celstial end combos are prec based. Not only is she/he doing ok might based blasts, but there end combos will be better and its something you don't have. Celestial prec hits > then your mental prec hits. This allows his actual dps to catch up with your might.

Add in Dark Pact, anoint, and Benediction that buffs his damage quite a bit, and yea....you get the idea.
  11. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

U do realize that this thread was dead right?
  12. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Thanks for your wise words.
  13. Nyema New Player

I know this thread is really old.... but it's so funny. The nerf hammer comes down on HL, & HL users sit here & cry.... lol I can't ! this is exactly why I admire HL nor it's users. They had to much fun being the only precision based power. now with the inception of rage, it's not just celestial users crying nerf rage, it's EVERYBODY! This is how you know it's real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime New Player

LOL you know they just did a hardlight revamp in 2 weeks right? Hardlight could be right there with rage, cels, sorc, nature after update. Give it time. Plus we are about to get alot stronger with only 1 new alert so the burst powers will still have the edge til T6 raids come out. Also i think hardlight plays like cels now.
  15. RiskVsReward New Player

Dude, the op was from about 7 months ago, lol
  16. RiskVsReward New Player

Or it's just a sign that this is a terrible community and is filled with nerf crybabies, that would rather go to a forum to cry for a nerf and put "#nerfRage" in their sig, rather than just practice and get better.
    • Like x 1
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This thread is asking for a nerf which is against forum policy and they allowed it to go 38 pages lol wow
  18. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

This thread was dead and buried but people seem to keep deciding to revive it for some reason...
  19. DG-MOD-04 New Player

This thread is old. I'm shutting it down now.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.