Buying styles on alts with replays

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. same Johnny Dedicated Player

All comes down to what you value style or feat or both.

No, actually, scratch that, this is just silly. As a controller, you can't even see the feat for heartshard style. You would always have to change powers for it. This argument is such a stretch... How much more money would the devs make charging for individual piece unlock? Do that math instead. :rolleyes:

This doesn't even affect gameplay! It's a vanity thing!
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

no not relly the money the keep dcuo alive 20 dollars from one person dont seem like but we a taking about a lot of people,X 20 dollars helps to maintane severs new content revamps powers ect .
  3. majosea Dedicated Player

wrong I have controller and can see the heartshard feat .
  4. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Had you switched to get the gear before? :rolleyes:
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well that's impossible unless you had collected a piece of it when that character was previously a Healer or Tank power, or else you're lying through your teeth.
    • Like x 2
  6. majosea Dedicated Player

nope all ways been a controller .
  7. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Then you are lying, simple as that :)
    • Like x 1
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

You would need to earn them once first - before you can unlocking them on other toons. Nothing would change. I can already make a brand new HL toon and unlock the Heartshard feat on the ship. All this proposed feature would do is allow me to unlock the style with a separate purchase (that does not effect the feat). This would be more profitable not less. Particularly if each part cost 5 replays - which is fair considering that players can only wear 13 at a time.
    (Head, Hair, face, chest, shoulders, back, legs, feet, hands, waist, Weapon 1, Weapon 2, Weapon 3)
    I would exclude Auras and skins for now as well as anything Seasonal..
  9. majosea Dedicated Player

dont hate becuase I speak the turth ,
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Wait have you completed the feat on another character and can see the feat is available to unlock, is that what you're saying? Or you have never completed it on any character and can see it on your Controller character?
    • Like x 1
  11. majosea Dedicated Player

there you go .
  12. same Johnny Dedicated Player

You can't. It won't show up. It's like the T3 styles. You CANNOT see the role specific feats. If that were the case, the Devs would already be losing money by your terms! Ugh, such fail as a lie...

You can also NOT see the opposite faction styles/feats, you cannot see other movement feats, you cannot see "reach level 10 as this role", you cannot see "reach level 30 with this mentor".

You cannot see Heartshard feat as a controller if you were always a controller. You have to switch to tank/healer, get the feat and switch back.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah I'm dubious about it too. I don't think I have any of the role exclusive styles finished on any of my characters, outside of the T3 ones, so I'm not able to log in and see if, for example, Heartshard is available to buy on my Controller power characters. I think this will have to be one o' those "pics or it didn't happen!" kinda things.
  14. same Johnny Dedicated Player

I remembered another reason why I'm calling massive shenanigans on what the guy is saying. If it were true, players would already be able to unlock the feat (make a tank, get Heartshard, unlock on your controller), so the devs would already be losing money. Heartshard and Seraph do not show up in the Controller list.
    • Like x 1
  15. Laz523 Well-Known Player

You have to have at least one piece of the style or have it completed off another character before you can see it on feat list and since like you I haven't finished those two styles, I don't see the feats for them in my list
  16. majosea Dedicated Player

dont be mad i can see feats on my troller , and not even completed collecting the styles the heartshard and the arieal defender . on my healers ,
  17. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Who's mad? :) Just calling you out on your lie. :)

By your words, the devs will lose money because right now players have to switch roles to get the styles/feats. If you can already see a style/feat that doesn't belong to your role, you can just finish it on an alt and unlock the feat, why would you buy a power token?

Shenanigans.
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

gonna put a end to this. All of you are Wanting to pay to have styles? How are you enjoying the game By spending money?

You want to replay badge which for legendary you get 500 station cash free So seriously you would be screwing the developers over.
    The people who made this game which might i add this game is awesome too play.

i have use replay badges to Get feat on alts But never cared to get the styles again so i can show them off.

each style cost about maybe 5 Replay badges and yall get those free too.
    No You cannot get Style for replay you want that go play something else.

End all Result you replay them everyone does nothing gets run anymore the end game is here.
    Think its easy. The developers will never allow this too happen.
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i think you might be misunderstanding him. he doesn't have the feat but he can view it.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Nobody is mad, we're just calling you out on your lie. You've already tripped over yourself because I asked if you had completed Heartshard on another character and you implied a yes, and now you're saying you haven't completed Heartshard or Aerial Defender on any characters, so which is it?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.