Buff Nature and Electric already!!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bmce84 Loyal Player

It's amazing that they rather do a new entire combat system than just buff those two powers lol.
    • Like x 2
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

They probably could not figure out how to do it and make it last. Still not sure how I feel about the changes but I am at least willing to jump on test to try it out a bit.
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

I don't have Twitter and wont bother asking anything on Twitch because the chat goes crazy, so I'm making this question here hoping it can be answered.

Will I need high SP for T8, say 250 which is what most asked for DWF, or will something around 150 be enough?
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

it was a bad idea to make them DoTs in the first place, specially when you have to use your weapon which where made almost useless since AM started.
    • Like x 1
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

because now every power is getting changed and no more mid range/AM/WM, in other words back to 3 years ago when you had to jump cancel and clip, the question now is how will combat work without jump cancelling since AM/WM was made because that got removed.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This update will serve to improve your powers - a further one is not specifically planned. Instead of increasing your AM damage, we are removing AM damage from everyone.
    • Like x 4
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

Mepps, is there a chance counter mechanics will be looked over, because of different reasons they don't always work which is why using powers like Light an issue as Melee can sometimes be countered even when you do everything right.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

it's a shame that Tunso messed with the Amperage tree so much. Overcharge would probably be a major source of damage.

The damage players were doing was out of control. This change needed to happen. In fact, I expect that Nature will benefit the most for damage.

Mepps- don't forget that Nature, Electricity, Earth and Sorcery have not had their executes reviewed yet. We still need that change.
    • Like x 2
  9. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

You were so close then you just remove all that work. What will power balance be like for the other powers now? Literally only electric and nature needed a fix. Wheres the logic?
  10. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

Typical ... just as Electricity and Nature are about to get an update, "oh, we're going to scrap everything and start over ... again." Smdh.
    • Like x 2
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm guessing dot powers were going to be really hard to adjust compared to the rest of the ams... They'd be better off not making nature and electric so heavily based on dots and make some of their powers bursty especially for duos and solos now that there a no longer "ams" they also need to speed up the dot set ups
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

the logic is that they needed to do a complete pass for weapons for WM vs non-WM damage plus rebalance 40+ combos. It never made sense that Solar Flame without WM hit harder than with. Also, this will potentially fix the Invisibility/MT cheese.

The only thing that could have saved Electricity was a complete revamp. Now, they have to revamp little. they are just taking out bonus damage. How well do you think a Gadget player will fare on the scoreboard it they aren't hitting 90k in damage while Electricity is setting up damage. The playing field will be even.
    • Like x 1
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Functionally the set up is still too long for dots.
  14. DarkAya Dedicated Player

pretty brutal but fair LOL
  15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

lol yeah pretty much they were like, those are too dificult to balance f it we're taking away the others AM's and boom balance :p
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyro Committed Player

lol i knew they were going to completely turn around and do something new with balancing before e/n got addressed. The thing thats truly on my mind is will the new #FixingPastMistakes make e/n relevant faster or slower than midrange

Edit: Is avair the new tunso ie he has tunsos job?

Edit edit:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

yes, he has Tunso s job. The problem why e/n fell behind was because players could drop 50k in damage in 2 second. Multiple that by 3 and e/n never stood a chance.

when Origin Crisis came out, Nature could top the charts because it didn't use a lot of power and the damage was easy to maintain. The loadout was VL, SG, Briar, Harvest, Carnage, Swarm and Bloom (long story but it had a 60% modifier). Put it with Hand Blasters and that was it. Now, you have Wolf form with extra DoTs, the extra burst in set up and some other powers you can put in place of Bloom. Sounds like it might be better than other powers losing AM damage bonuses.
  18. Streven Dedicated Player

Wow! Mind blown! Pandora's box opened!

I honestly can't wait to see how all this works out. I'm not looking forward to all the idiot posts by people that don't even understand what's happening.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

They've already started so...
    • Like x 1
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I always thought the whole thing about the devs hating electric was a joke but man they're throwing away years of work and probably tons of money spent doing away AM/WM and coming up with a new combat and SP system just so they don't have to fix it. I don't know what you did unknown electric player but may the odds ever be in your favor.
    • Like x 2