Buff Nature and Electric already!!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 1, 2016.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I know weapons and blah blah blah but I'm sick not being able to use my power. Honestly how hard can it be to adjust some percentages for the moment till the update happens. None of us want to wait another six months plus to just have the update pushed back even more.

Take a few hours and hook us up already, it doesn't have to be perfect just better.
    • Like x 26
  2. Simply Tensai Well-Known Player

i want to be an awesome ID spamming derp... or healer, whichever works, jk, i use other powers too:p
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

B B But They said they'd rather have a power come out underperforming and then a hotfix could correct it.
    Still waiting for that hotfix!!!
    • Like x 4
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

That GU50 hotfix......but like seriously all this time and they can't take a day or 2 to just increase some percentages. I'm beyond pissed.
    • Like x 9
  5. Delta796th Loyal Player

Well we wouldn't want them over performing like say Mental...now like we?

Totally being sarcastic
    • Like x 2
  6. Entrust Committed Player

Why can't you use your power?

I'm nature. I play daily. I don't get kicked. I dps & heal.

So why are you having such a problem playing your power?
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Soeaking for myself, i hate running content and after, feeling like i was just carried. If new content wasn't dropping for awhile, i would switch powers after 4 years of being nature dps on my alt
  8. Entrust Committed Player

Sounds like you're saying you're not satisfied with your damage out. Which is understandable, nature is currently one of the lowest potential damage powers in DCUO.

However, CrappyHeals is claiming they "can't use" their powers. Which is different then what you're saying.
  9. Titon Well-Known Player

What about settling for healing until its buffed to your liking? This community to be honest is heavily focused on damage but a handful actually focus on Support Roles.

I myself build both roles and have my armories updated daily, just in case I need to fill in the role that is required. I wish we saw more of that instead its damage across the boards. I am kinda sick and tired of seeing the flame symbol consume the left side of my screen the majority of the time and no one switches to compensate.
    • Like x 2
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The dps side is so bad. Playing nature in things like dwfe or survival mode is really hurting your group. Sure you can use it but it's complete trash and should have never been left go this long.
    • Like x 2
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't wanna heal 24/7 and a lot of the times my league depends on me to dps so the only power I like is out of the question for me.
    • Like x 1
  12. Titon Well-Known Player

Your only option is to either heal or switch to a different power, maybe try a couple different things.
  13. Delta796th Loyal Player

Even if you are the greatest electric or nature dps, your going to get lapped by a good average power player.
    Just because you haven't been kicked, it does happen. Cmon , you know both of these powers are trash
    • Like x 2
  14. Delta796th Loyal Player

What exactly should they "try" If you mean get AM rolling then supplement with something like flipslash / sf / sk etc.. clipped then it's been tried BY MANY. At best they are able to do roughly 2/3 the damage an average power like Quantum can do.

And how is switch your power an option...It ludicrous. I know people that specifically purchased Electricity too specifically DPS.
    It's never an option when the devs have failed...let me repeat FAILED, to act upon the thing they said they would do WAAAYYY back when, which was hotfix the powers to make it viable. Sure you can run solo's and duos, but they have and will continue to get passed over when building a group should they want to DPS because the powers are trash.

Crappy is right, now with god knows how long till weapon pass is fixed (which will make Sorcery and Earth way OP for a while)
    then they have to further wait for them to fix the dot powers. It's been almost 2 years and they should wait longer???
    All this while powers are hitting too HARD (looking at you Mental / Gadgets) and the devs even acknowledged it!

Nope...I'm with Crappy. Hotfix the darn powers
    • Like x 4
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

crappy you're celestial. you already know about the weapons so just wait, i know the feeling i still have an electric toon, ain't nothing more we can do at the moment than wait.
  16. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

"Powers will remain a topic at the forefront of our minds, always."
    Any comment will be appreciated Mepps, please. My only character has to rely soley on healing to progress through end-game content because other dot users and I get kicked due to the underperforming power. The setup time is the biggest problem for dot powers, but we are patient enough to wait for our midrange update to address that (test server ready and downloaded). We just ask for a might buff so we can play both of our roles without feeling like trash.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

This is becoming game breaking....and you paid MORE (E) for that power...incredible!!!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

No idea what's going on, but we can surmise how long it would take to adjust and test with some very crude math.

Nature is a compound power which means it's dependent on weapons combos to finish a high damage rotation. There are eleven weapon trees to take into account, and each tree has four WM combo options. Therefore 11 x 4 = 44 weapons scenarios

Now nature is one of the few multi-tray powers, and for each potential form you'd have to test against the corresponding loadout. Concentrating on dps that would be your current form, Wolf Form and Canine form. Canine form is a fixed loadout, so nothing to do there except count it as one. Current form combines your possible tray selection with your weapons of choice and wolf form is a fixed weapon (modified MA) with your loadout of choice. Assuming the first two tray slots will be dedicated for you PI setup, that leaves four slots free for both Current and Wolf to use what the player chooses.

Now the PI powers associated with Nature that could be used in a players potential loadout are Vine Lash, Savage Growth, Thorn Shield, Briar, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Hive Mind, Swarm, and Carnage (Wolf only). Assuming both Current and Wolf use Swarm and Wolf always uses Carnage, we can extrapolate the potential number of loadouts per form type.

Canine = 1
    Wolf = 7x6x5 [Combination of the nine potential PI power less Carnage and Swarm, assumes sixth slot is taken up with the form reversion, leaving 3 slots available for 7 PI powers] = 210
    Current = (8x7x6x5x4)x44 [Combination of nine potential PI powers less Swarm, assuming the sixth slot is filled by Swarm to leave five available slots, multiplied times the number of potential WM combos) = 295,680

Therefore, there are 295,891 potential combinations of forms, loadouts and WM weapon combos that need to be reviewed, adjusted and tested. Since Nature is a relatively OG powerset and similar to Gadgets in its multi-tray capabilities and accounting for Gadgets' unique distinction to be the first power to receive AMs and it's length of time in the current midrange balance effort, we can surmise it would take roughly 98 times the level of combined Dev effort and player testing (assuming the same methodology above to calculate the possible number of loadouts for Gadgets) to get Nature into a balanced state as compared to Gadgets which took ~ three weeks.

That said, Nature should be ready to go live with the midrange update in 5.6 years or some time at the beginning of 2022. Happy New Year!

ps - or I could be totally making this up. Like I said, I have no idea
    • Like x 3
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

No matter how many threads you make or how many times you ask the process won't go any faster. You know why they can't go faster but yet you continue. Why? Doing these things won't change anything in regards to how the updates will happen...
    • Like x 1