Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

weapon mastery- hand blasters or dual wield, one aoe burst move, your pi setter, your buff, robot, and one or two dot's. same for every powerset in the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yes but you can alternate what moves you use. And I will never use rs outside of pre lvl 30
  3. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Sorcery pet am is weak... here is why

new raid throne of the dead the watcher agros ares.. so know the healer cannot use the watcher sigh...
    fury in dps role dies so quick in throne yet again is forced not to use the pet am.

further more any power we use as sorc dps we get no power back / unlike ice/nat/fire/quant/celes (new am on test)/mental.

so what gives give sorcery am based on red or golden soul arua let us have some power back... as we need to rely on trollers for power other dps powers do not need so much support from trollers :O
    • Like x 1
  4. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Almost 10k views and no response are you serious!!!!?
  5. Wild Level 30

Heso people! how are you all? :)
    Once the devs get around to sorc/earth they will respond there just busy with other things.
    I do have to say my lower cr gadget bro's AM hits like 8k but other times it crits like 18k.
    2 things I see the pet AM will need at some point.

1.Pets damage needs to be based on users stats(might/precision)
    2.Pet needs ability to crit like all other AMs(WM excluded of course)

As far as I understand (I am not gadget) gadget dps can crit with WM on ALL of their powers other than EMP so I hope the same treatment is given to sorc/earth. The PETS don't get crit bonuses off of WM but everything else we do that isn't our pet can crit, very similar to gadget dps. :cool:

Last thing no pet alone is worth losing WM crits. I think it would be nice to have fury/crystal out and still get WM crits but pet would do moderate damage nothing AM like(giving players a normal damage pet while using WM)

Here's to the PETS :D
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

I'm more for a seismic AM for Earth, but I'll throw in for pet discussion.

1) Drop the power bar on the pets. This would be in lieu of a powerback mechanic.
    2) Fortify golum to give pet a damage modifier/crit buff + gem shield, instead of PoT + shield.
    3) Pet should scale with a calculation of prec, might, and skill points.
    • Like x 2
  7. AL Lonso New Player

I'd prefer if the pets were an extra body that deals even mediocre damage. I don't want it to be the main thing... The pet should be the sidekick... We're constantly feeding pets power power, buffs etc it should be the other way round.
    • Like x 1
  8. pultinski Well-Known Player

i like the mirror idea.
    lets expand this. ( mostly from an earth perspective, since i know **** about sorcery ).

pet SHOULD mirror whatever the player is doing to his/her current target. get rid of pet AI. ( see AD&D's, or even WOW's mirror image spell ), with the exception of weapon atks ( earth is rock punches for meele or throwing parts of its body- stones - for range) in dps stance.
    in tank / healer stance, pet SHOULD assume 100% of whatever aggro you may be generating. adds/boss focus on pet B4 U, period. the sole purpose of a pet in these instances is to "eat" whatever SINGLE TARGET dmg YOU should get. in the case of earth, whatever you are doing to mitigate dmg is " mirrored" to the pet, thus reducing the dmg the pet gets. you drink a soder, pet sees same effects. you put up a shield, pet sees same effects, you AS jackhammer, pet sees same effects. reverse should apply as well. whatever healing pet gets from totem, you get as well. you get the idea. feel free to expand/correct/shoot down as necessary.

as far as the pets go, they should also "mirror" whatever you "get" from healers and trollers in the group. you get healed for 2k, so does the pet. you get 1k pot, so does the pet. also, and possibly the most likely to cause problems, is only 1 pet is generated. for earth, a earth elemental, size/strength/abilities determined by cr. a demon (villan) or angel (hero) for sorcery.
    what u all think ? should i put down the crack pipe now ? switch back to acid ? or is the ANY merit to any of this ? regardless of what you may think of this, how may of you think the current pet mechanic sucks ?
    • Like x 1
  9. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

As the op of the tread can I request this thread be closed as it didn't do any good and doesn't need any further discussion ?
  11. toast Well-Known Player

last night while waiting in queue for AoD, I was talking with a league mate about pets and how that a non-player controlled pet should not be an AM. then I remembered someone in the forums talking about other mmo's having a hotbar for their pets and how it just couldnt be implemented in dcuo. however there is already a hotbar like feature in game, UTILITY BELT!

a pet hotbar would work exactly like the utility belt but in the power slot of your choice. there could be a scripted four power loadout for the each pet. for brick - attack (melee, an 8 second attack then release), a taunt (epicenter), a buff (reinforce - player and pet only), a cleanse (soothing hands - player and pet only, heal for pet only). something like this would give the player control over their pets and its power use. it could be done so that power is used by the player and the pet. say brick casts epicenter and it costs 350 power from his power, the power cost to the player would be half, 175.
    • Like x 1
  12. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Great idea for a pet loadout. They do need to increase the attack speed on pets because. Sometimes they won't do anything for a few seconds. Crystal as far as i know is number 1 at doing that.
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So it's obvious to me this sin working out with balance ...

At what point should they scrap the pet advanced mechanic??? They would have had a lot less trouble making earth a combo/after shock power and making sorcery either a dot or a advanced interaction power ...

I guarantee these will be the only two pet advanced mechanics and thy will always need adjustments ...

I asked this question in the earth thread but again when is it time to brow in the towel and give them two separate ams that are known to work ... They could easily make after shocks on par with hl celestial and rage ...
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever.
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

But it should it's obviously not working we either saw too much or not enough never real balance ... I dunno pets just seem like more trouble then there worth

Guarantee .... We never see a pet power again unless they really nail this which I'm doubting will happen at this point...
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

I feel that all that the devs have learned from implementing pet AMs for Sorcery and Earth will help them when they develop another pet power (you best believe another pet power is coming lol). Their next pet AM will be better integrated into both trees, multiple pet related SCs, multiple ways to give power or buff pets, etc.

I've been pretty vocal in my displeasure with a pet AM vs an aftershock AM, but I'm fine with what the devs are doing right now. Would like Earth tanking to be looked at a little more but that's for another thread. For the most part I'm reserving judgement until it goes on live as I'd like to do my own testing.
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

just sayin
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

[quote="Lacedog, post: 3236092, member: 308]"in the end of the day, i dont see how they can make pets equal other power's AM's without making them op. they really have to change how the mechanic works to avoid this. if they simply make the pet do more damage, then your scenario of little risk vs reward is a huge deal. thats why i feel the pet should scale off of your own stats just like any other mechanic in game. although id still hate relying on a pet to do my damage, it would be better than what we have now.
    just sayin[/quote]OK. So we didn't get any of the really neat ideas in this thread. But the development team has totally changed how the pet mechanic works, added in a risk/reward factor, and given pets a novel way to regenerate power back faster (even though it's not actually the same pure power return that other powers get). This seems like the best thing to come out of this update.
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

Ehh, my point was they made Crystal suuuuuuuoer strong over doing anything else really. Not a whole lot changed except for damage out and the regen thing. But I'll agree, it doesn't look like a bad update. I'm actually kinda excited to try it out.

Now if only that aftershock am could be looked at....