Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I tried to make a thread about this before and it didn't take so I'm coming at it at a different angle....
    I want to know what you think of it....

If you love it say why

If you don't live it say why

Explain how you'd change it...
    -----------------------------------------

I love the idea of having a pet out and running content with my pet .. Having her "wreck shop"

What I don't love...

She's weak ... Compared to other awesome mechanics... She can not compete with wm at all... She's been doing about 2500-3000 damage since I was 104.... I'm 108 now and she hadn't increased the slightest ....my wm can hand out 4500-6500 in the sane amount if tine it takes her to do half that or less..

And purely cosmetically speaking ... I wish "crystal" looked like the "crystal shards" I make when after shocking gem stone shield ... Meaning I wish her body was that orangey translucent color.... Not dirt (this is just a cosmetic issue that I wanted to slip in)

How would I fix our pet issues ...

A sequence if set ups that when we end with offering or fortify golem crystal:fury will do a massive aoe attack based on the users might (not cr) the damage would be yellow numbers so that way it has a chance to crit...

The powers (earth)and what they will do and how to sequence them (I'm only coming at this from an earth perspective since I dont know much about sorcery ....

Sequence of powers

/Self buff> totem>pi applicator> aoe swirl> fortify golem/

Self buff- reinforce you receive a portion if your power back when cast after fortify golem ...

Totem-
    It works exactly like soul well , it does the same amount of damage as well ...

The change:
    I'd switch placements with striking stones on the geokinesis tree.. Increase striking stones base damage to reflect a 50% modifier .... Make totem now give the pet power .. Decrease it's cool down or let us raise up to 3 at a time like soul well... And cast at the feet of our target so it's not out if range for the pet .. Or the dot for the target ... You also receive a portion of your power back if you cast after reinforce

What this accomplishes
    Its the new way to power the pet and also allows us to recast it when we move to the next room without having to wait...

Pi applicators- rumble crush/stone/unstoppable

The changes
    Rumble crush - you receive a portion if your power back when cast after totem

Stone- make this work like sticky bomb... Give it the "throw" animation...when it hits your target it applies the pi and also lays down a 3 tick dot along with every add surrounding the target, remove the single target taunt in tank stance from stone apply that to pebble blast and remove pebbles ability to apply pi along with tectonic breaks, also you receive a portion if your power back when cast after totem

Unstoppable - you receive a portion if your power back when cast after totem

Aoe swirl - debris field

You receive a portionif your power back when cast after rumble crush/stone/unstoppable

Fortify Golem- now when cast after the sequence it does a massive aoe attack of might damage coming from crystal it still provides a shield for crystal ...you receive some power back when cast immediately after debris fired

Powers this effects

Pebble blast- since this power no longer will set up our pi I suggest making it like frost snipe ... Give it a quick single target attack that does even more damage when target is dazed ....also make it the tank single target taunt ...

Tectonic break - now that the pi aspect is removed ... Make this a max range aoe (currently mud to close) increase the base damage slightly since again it no longer applies an aoe... Also make this a knock up in tank stance...

Thus is how I'd suggest to change the advanced mechanic... I believe based on cool downs ... You'd be constantly having go back into the sequence when you were done with fortify ...
    • Like x 15
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

my main concern is how pets scale compared to the other AM's. basically it just doesnt. you need to reach the next cr that increases the pet's damage. you cant take a soder. you cant spec your skill points a certain way. you cant use your personal buff. nothing the user can control increases the pets damage. only for the next CR tier can do that.

id also prefer for fortify golem to be what cancels WM crit windows. crystal by herself is basically meh. what makes her "awesome" or "advanced" is being powered by fortify golem. im not sure how much different fury is, but i cant see it acting much differently.

id also like to see totem improve dramatically. right now, it gives an almost worthless 3% crit chance, has a seemingly unneccessary cooldown length, and only spawns on yourself. I think it would be great if it spawned on the target. i think it would be even better if it spawned on your target and stayed with your target, ala overheat.

the thing about sorcery that puts it head and shoulders above earth is Weapon of destiny. earth doesnt have that kind of power to use with both AM or WM, but changing totem to be more beneficial would go a long way in helping earth.

What i would really enjoy was for the seismic tree to become more "awesome or "advanced". Light is eventually getting two AM's i dont see why earth cant have at the very least 2 viable power trees for damage.
    -id like to see tectonic break changed to a ranged power that took advantage of the dazed pi. it would become the ranged WM go to for dazed burst in the WM crit window.
    -id like to see pebble blast restored to how it worked before GU37
    -id like to see stone work the way PB does now, single target, but spreads the dazed pi in an AOE
    • Like x 9
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

i would also agree that changing rumble crush and striking stones in the power tree, also change base damage and pi damage values for SS, would go a very long way.
    • Like x 4
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

also. c'mon. make reinforce give the full 10% crit chance. take the 3% away from totem, i dont care.
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Oops I meant to ad you can't get the wm crit when you hit fortify... I think as long as fortify is the only time the pet does massive damage ... And you can't spam it then only fortify should negate the wm crit... Meaning I can have crystal out while wm combos crit the might attack after... Just she will only do her basic attacks...
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Can we also get rid of the obnoxious hulk hands and go with dust swirls around your hands that would look so much cooler

I will say tho on a earth dps who is the largest body toys and gets the reinforce damage shift from a earth tank...shoulders the hands and shoulders look amazing on that body style... Everything else just looks off lol (completely cosmetically speaking)
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think the power back mechanic should be taking out of pets am and let the player stats dictate how much damage pets can do. From 106-108, avg might went from 4500 to 5500, with alot of gadget toons hitting 5800-6000 base. The 2cr our pets got don't come close to that
    • Like x 3
  8. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

I'd like to suggest a call back mechanic for brick.I've heard peoples biggest complaint with brick is that it tends to stay in AoEs.The way the call back mechanic would work is when you summon your golem you can tap the summon button and brick will go after the specific target you are locked onto.You can tap the button again to call it back to you and as usual hold the button to banish it.Also I know totem heals your golems but Idk if it gives a health buff.If not then I think totem should give a reasonable golem health buff while it's up in addition to HoT.
    • Like x 8
  9. Toxiic Committed Player

What about my aftershocks?!?! :(
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

While I strongly dislike how weak Crystal is compared to WM crits one of my biggest gripes with our AM is how vanilla it is. Crystal, Fortify Golem, and Totem are the only pet related powers we have, one of which (Totem) has a litany of problems that have been said a dozen times over. Since the only time we will use Crystal from tray is when we first summon her or when she goes down, we are effectively only using one power (FG) for our AM. I basically only use Crystal when damage and focus are not important.

If we're just focusing on Crystal (and pet AMs in general) I think the main problems are

-She does weak damage compared to WM crits
    -She is very power hungry even though we only have one (mediocre) way of giving her power
    -There need to be more abilities that either give her power, buff her temporarily, or give her access to more powerful abilities (a supercharge that would enable her to perform a supercharge would be killer)
    -I like Lacedog's idea of WM crit only being cancelled with FG on cooldown
    -I like Jp's idea of Crystal scaling with our stats

That's all I got right now.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

One can dream. I had thought aftershocks would be our AM then the devs kind of just gave the Earth community the finger and said we were getting a pet AM and we better be damn grateful.
    • Like x 4
  12. Errorcode1058 New Player

It's been a long time since I've pet tanked with my Earth toon, but I've often wondered...

If Brick is doing Precision damage, how is he generating aggro? In order for Brick to do his job as described, Earth's Awesome Pet Mechanic should have made Brick a unique pet with Might Based Damage.
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'd love this
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

Pets do orange pet damage
  15. Errorcode1058 New Player

hmmm... never thought of their dmg as being of a separate category all together. I just always thought they did precision dmg based upon your cr.
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

Somehing I say is far overdue for earth specifically is make our powerset rely on only one PI. make crushed earth's pi.

I know this is pet specific but I thought I'd throw that out there as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

When I think of pet mechanics I usually want to control pets not a pet. What I'd do is:
    • Allow summoning of multiple pets with different effects
    • Aside from a select few (Brick/Guardian) the pets would not draw aggro themselves and anyone would be able to pass through them (essentially ghost players). Any aggro the pets draw would turn it towards their controller. They would still take damage as normal but just won't be in the way due to a massive amount of pets active.
    • Pet stats scale with player stats instead of player CR
    Using a Nature battling healing spec has taught me that pets in mass quantities can do a lot of damage without any single pet doing an absurd amount. Specifically I would constantly have Swarm, Robot Sidekick and Mister Out with my Backup when available. This creates a lot of damage but at the same time makes a lot of collision problems (though not always a problem).

By having different pets they can easily be restricted if found unfair in PvP. Being ghosts they wouldn't interfere with normal gameplay so a mass of pets would be possible.
    Say you have 2 traits that would summon 2 different kinds of mobs: a burst mob which gains benefits from Power Interactions (and thus higher base damage) and a Power Interaction based mob that applied Power Interactions and small DoT's. Than have 2 traits that control them: a Power feeder and an "ultimate attack launcher". This is 4 loadout spots. You can then have a personal buff and an option (self Power Interaction applicator, DoT, shield, Supercharge, etc.).

Your damage comes from the 2 mobs but is based on your Might and Precision, not your CR. So by buffing your Might and Precision you directly affect their damage. By controlling their bigger attacks they don't waste Power when you don't want them too.

If you would like to control Power Interactions yourself you could drop the second mob and add in a Power Interaction plus a benefactor (as your option). Or keep the second mob but not use the first mob so that you can control burst yourself. Your choice but you would ultimately be controlling the mobs "small" auto attacks and large "ultimate" attacks yourself.

Doubt it would happen though.
    • Like x 2
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

the way i see it is pet is awesome for pvp and for pve i would stick to wm .
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

Does that make sense for the other advanced mechanics? Of course not
    • Like x 1
  20. Gwalir Loyal Player

What I'd like to see them do is make it so if you have a pet out when you use certain moves, the power either originates from the pet or gets an added effect from the pet itself.

An example of my first idea is if you use the Stone move for Earth while Brick is out, it originates from him instead. This would allow an Earth Tank to tank all the adds in a room himself, while allowing his pet to keep a boss occupied.

An example of my second idea is making it any time you use the Rejuvenate power while a Watcher is out, the Watcher targets a third character at the same time.
    • Like x 1