Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I dont play earth so I cannot comment there.

As for sorcery I would like then to incorporate moves like soul barrage and soul storm and soul syphon into the pet am. Maybe make those 3 moves return power to fury. Also they need to come up with a better scale for fury damage. Why does he hit the same amount at 111 as he did when I became 106cr.

1 move that does no damage to power is not enough
  2. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

Pets have tiers as well. I'm willing to bet a cr 106 pet and a cr 111 pet are in the same tier. That's why they do the same damage. As far as powering the pet with dps moves, all they would need to do is make offering beneficial and give it the ability to clip things. Then you could hit a damagdamaging power and clip it with offering and get damage and power to your pet at the cost of power. The power back mechanic would then be granting you the power your pet uses thus making it a give and take just like the other AMS power back mechanics.
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I could see Soul Siphon as a power return.
    Shard of life too.

Fury and Crystal need buffs to their damage. Good lawd they hit for 30's and 60's.
    • Like x 1
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

No don't make shard wm excluded. Wm into shard clip offering to trigger pet power back and soul storm barrage syphon return power to pet...perfect
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I dont think power returns are WM excluded lol.

But that idea sounds nice
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Also give sorc the am might buff
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

that might buff, i think, youre talking about comes from not being able to use weapon combos. with the pet am, you are basically required to use weapon combos.
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I thought they said you get that buff regardless of wm but you will not get buff and crit at same time
  9. Aggro Well-Known Player

You have to respec without the weapon masteries on your skill points for it to work, meaning no 25+ prec and might innate (old school specing)
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

You do not need a point in wm to get those bottom innates
    • Like x 1
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

12. Aggro Well-Known Player

hmm I never used the buff yet, I guess im testing it when i get home...
  13. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

No, i think you understand wrong. se the post, he said, regardless of whether or not WM unlocked.
    You cannot do any WM combo, if you do, you will lose the Buff.

Look what he said after:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-43-updates.229753/#post-2960800
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

15. Aggro Well-Known Player

Well, earth can't even use the pet am or might buff am cus damage is boo-boo, so all they have is wm cus it's actually useful that and the lack of dots compared to sorcery which actually has the edge against earth.
  16. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

The might buff comes from not being able to get the WM Crit Mag/Chance bonus from the WM combo window. HL doesn't get it when they spec WM because the WM "Additional Damage" for the WM node applies to their precision ticks since their combos are weapon attacks. You can spec and use WM as a might based AM or Pet Based AM. The only time it does not apply is when if you are not "WM crit Excluded". For the Pet AMs they are excluded as soon as they summon a pet so the might crit buff applies to them even if they spec and use WM. Same for Electric and Nature, their AM makes their powers WM crit excluded so they can still use WM and get the might crit buff. It was implemented because the developers forgot to add that little extra damage in the window when balancing.
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

Nope. It came from not being able to use inspiration in the hl combo am. That was why they added to precision buff to their am as long as the combos were flowing.

As for the pet users getting a might buff, I suggest you try out a pet am and come on back here and tell us how well that went. I'll give ya a hint, you won't get a might buff.
  18. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

It's not a might buff is a crit Chance and mag buff for might powers and no not using insperation was built into the AM combo damage already. The reason HL doesn't get anything eXtra if they spec into WM node is because they get that increased damage from the WM node applied to their combos. I am 100% correct in everything I said so please don't act like I was not. I was talking about something completely different than what you are thinking I was refering too.
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

The pet mechanic gets no such buff. You aren't correct. Move on.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Pet powers get no buff from not speccing into wm... We aren't a precision power or a might power

We don't get an increase in damage for using no wm in aftershock builds as I've read people saying that as well.. I duno where you're getting your info but it's not accurate if it's quote it or screen shot it as an active innate