Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Aggro Well-Known Player

I'm going all precision, if I ever get 101 cr gear I figured something out. Either way I'll be ready for the am if it even exists
  2. Aggro Well-Known Player

Well, I'm going all precision, I figured something out, and I'll be ready if there's a am, if it ever exists, 101 gear seems to be the same way has earth, you'll never get it
    • Like x 1
  3. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

19 pages and like 8.6k views no response from devs man these guys are a joke they are stealing our money cant believe we pay for rubbish like this every month..
  4. pultinski Well-Known Player

im guessing that making changes to a pets AI is difficult and/or very labor intensive.
    so how bout this then. each jackhammer AS a "glass" crystal is formed ( health = 1 ), each "glass" crystal DUPLICATES whatever original crystal is doing for dmg. "glass" crystals remain stationary wherever they were randomly formed. im thinking they would be good for maybe 1 or 2 attacks b4 they get oblithererated.
    sound too OP or just dumb ? what you all think ?
  5. Aggro Well-Known Player

We need a riot, or a strike, with posters saying Earth AM Revamp, and have a picture of a toon smashing the ground, or a another poster with crystal crying, saying earths AM POOP. Lol there's a lot more posters I can make up
  6. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yeah xD
  7. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Buff earth!!!!
    Buff earth!!!!
    We are waiting for the devs !!!!!!!
    Don`t want to buff earth? you might as well give every player a token to change their powers that are currently earth!!!! because earth is not a power its trash!!! and you guys are not suppose to give us trash...
  8. Aggro Well-Known Player

Lol well I found something with earth and can beat people with it xD, still a am is needed cus I rather not use the current 1
  9. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

What did you find tell me o.o
  10. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Buff earth!!!!
    Buff earth!!!!
    We are waiting for the devs !!!!!!!
    Don`t want to buff earth? you might as well give every player a token to change their powers that are currently earth!!!! because earth is not a power its trash!!! and you guys are not suppose to give us trash...
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

How come I don't see sorcery players chime in?

As sorcery I'm fine with the pet am but it needs serious work. Ive seen It work effectively with non standard loadouts.

I want so see soul syphon soul storm soul barrage Soulwell incorporated into a power back mechanic for fury and player. Let me play from the tray.

With only 2 moves to power fury that do no damage And still cannot maintain power to him so he can consistently do damage there is s problem. There has to be an offensive form of power regen
    • Like x 1
  12. Aggro Well-Known Player

Soul well and totem should give both pets power back, plus the abilities they already have in game, they need to take off offering and fortify for a brand new power. Earth tanking with pet is a struggle having 2 pulls 2 immunities pet totem fortify and gemsheild is two moves too many, I'm guessing sorcery as well.

They need to merge aftershock and bad karma AMs and pet am into one, if they want a "PET AM" with these 2 powers, what do I mean? Crystal and furry give a Damage buff % has long as they are up, Brick and guardian/watcher gives a Tank/heal buff % as long as they are up.

Jackhammer is gotta be the root of the AM hitting like 10k aoe, or balance it with what the other powers are hitting: Artic Gust, Avalanch, Light blast and Miniguns, Time bomb, Emp. (New Celestial Rooted AM, I don't know the name)

Sorcery needs a root AM power aswell. (Would be kool if a clownbox "glitch" was somewere in the mix, or soul siphon looks awesome.

Fix the earth tree, totem was great were it was, cause I had totem with jackhammer debris reinforce etc, now I lose totem, or take totem 3% crits off and make reinforce a 10%.
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

No reason to keep secrets. What are you doing for DPS?
  14. Florida Man New Player

I don't think Sorcery is broken at all and when using WM it can be a very strong DPS option for all content. That being said the AM has nothing to do with that and it is in my opinion not viable option for high end content (see how long a fury lasts in any T6 instance and what happens to your power bar when you do try to use it).

Pulling some text from my only other post on these forums, below are some of my thoughts on why Sorcery specifically needs some attention.

"As a Sorcery player since beta I am a little jealous of the improvements to some of the other powers recently (Gadgets, Ice, & Quantum) as the AM Sorcery we have been given either does not work well in higher end content, causes us to spam power that hurts our team, or as in TOD can actually make the raid harder (I'm looking at you watcher aggravating the Essence of War and making everyone mad at me).

Please fix Sorcery's AM devs...I don't want to learn another power and I have the word magic in my toons name so it's really not an option."

Further I can't believe given how long this discussion has been going on that no developer has responded to this thread at all. I think it is important if we want them to take action that players who are in favor of these powers getting looked at (understanding that we have to wait for existing improvement projects for powers like Celestial to be completed) chime in so we can keep this thread at the top of the "New Threads" list until we get a response.

MagicMang - USPS
    • Like x 2
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I'm torn between wanting a sorcery am revamp and don't touch it. With wm sorcery is a top notch dps power it competes with anytHing and I'm scared they'll ruin that aspect.

Am is garbage

Please don't totally ruin the power. Sorcery was horrid for healing and dps for so long but I stuck with it.
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

They shouldn't touch the wm side of life at all for sorc it's very competitive ...
    I think sorcery could def be put in the dot class tho .. But I agree don't mess with the wm side leave it be
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

im actually tired of weapon mastery. i say get rid of all of it. its what started this AM unbalanced mess we have now. all they had to do was get rid of cast time powers (fire, mental) and buff those and other powersets that didnt have the same capabilities as rage and celestial had (top powers before WM)

since i doubt thats going to happen, might as well make mechanics that actaully work well for earth and sorcery.
  18. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

As Kyrro said the WM side of Sorcery is almost perfectly balanced. We are also able to use a variety of loadouts, both for specific situations and just to change it up in general with similar results. And while other healing powers are preferred at the moment, it is still very consistent and viable.

I think those are reason's the dev team is unlikely to rush anything on Sorcery. It's kind of fine at the moment, bar those that really want to play with pets, its top tier (or at least mid-top), it would be almost typical that we ask for changes only to find we preferred the consistency and interchangeability of the Sorcery we have now.

I can't see why they haven't responded in regards to Earth though.....
    • Like x 1
  19. FelixDuo Committed Player

Hum. While I support the Aftershock AM request, I did have an idea for buffing the pet AM a little while ago. I don't even know if it's a good idea, or realistic, but I'll write it out anyway.

Basically, Fortify Golem and Offering would be replaced by a short, temporary buff (not sure what the effect should be). While under the effects of this move, Crystal/Fury will mirror some of your attacks, like Striking Stones, Rumblecrush, Transmutation, etc. Additionally, while the buff is up those moves will return a portion of their power cost to both you and the pet.

When the buff is not up they would act pretty much like they do now, but would only use their powers after you "mark" an enemy by using a power that inflicts the relevant PI.
    • Like x 2
  20. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Wm isn't bad as it add another option abd it did bring a temporary sort of balance because before only certain powers were viable for dps. And that was spasmic clipping. Wm also allows for variety in loadouts to an extent whereas am only works one way. I just wish they would tone down precision damage and buff base might damage.