ATT SOE DEVS: Mental damage base values need adjusting immediately.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Disasterpiece, Mar 19, 2013.

1. SuperiorMouse New Player

I understand what results you confirmed. You're just now asking the same question I asked Disaster 10ish pages ago.
  2. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I round up lowbie adds instead. They have the same damage mitigation as Sparring Targets. My problem with that is that they have too low health to show the actual damage in the combat log and they die too quickly if I try interaction powers. Fortunately, I can remedy the former by simply capturing them in video.
  3. BrotherMutant New Player

I suppose we could round up 2-4 friends to test this on in a pvp match. Assumming they are willing to just sit there through the beating and heal each other, and wear the same gear so you know how much defense EACH of them has.
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

Challenge matches are about to revolutionize testing.
    • Like x 5
  5. Disasterpiece New Player

Sorry for being absent for so long, RL got my full attention the last few days and my internet got capped.
    Will retest PI damage tomorrow and post my results.
  6. Dreadwolf New Player

*PHEW!* I just read through the 15 pages here, and really wish there was a dislike button for some posts made.
    A few of the posters here may find their Alerts thingy spammed with my "Like" clicks.

A few pages back I saw someone mention that this thread should be in the Arkham section, for bugs.
    I don't believe that the state of Mental is bugged. I believe it IS in fact working as intended.... But that the devs made some miscalculations.

I'm really glad that this thread has gotten so much attention. Because no matter whom of the numbercrunchers you agree with, they all prove the poor state Mental is in.

Non-numbercrunchers - like myself - that just has a general "feel" for things and how they SHOULD work has also voiced their oppinions, ranging from "mental is fine" to "Mental feels slow and sluggish"

As mentioned as well - The eternal comparison between Mental and Gadgets. As I said, I'm no numbercruncher. But say Gadgets and Mental has the same base damage on their powers, yet every move that Gadgets has is faster. It's really saying something.

As the rest of you, I can only hope and pull my hair until this thread gets a response from a green name.

@ Disasterpiece: Awesome work! I like your ideas for powerchanges. Would you mind posting them on the Mental (yet sane) Discussion?
  7. Bonemonkey627 New Player

You guys crazy !! Nothing wrong with mental !! You read my post ? We're uploading videos on YouTube ..... Looks up mrwormmwood
    • Like x 1
  8. Plutocracy New Player

We'll bother to watch your videos when you bother to read our findings.
    • Like x 4
  9. Disasterpiece New Player

You're the same drongo that claimed you need meteor and bugged fireburst to be a fire dps. Going to take everything you say with a whole shaker of salt.

Players like you give good, intelligent and respectful PS3 players like Sore and Soulburn a bad name.
    • Like x 2
  10. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Do what you want ! Cause soul and dump truck lost to a mental guy by almost 200k in gates ! Guess what gates should of favored fire not mental !

I was a long rang dps , so yes meteor being all screwed up and having a mega nerf really hurt my game play as a viable player for my league.. In other words my rotation completely changed ...

Now I was told a hard light guy in are league smurf beat him, but only by 10k ... But most good hard light players doing the clipping can beat any power...

You can take what you want .. But every dps in my league is full t4 and over 115 skill points ... There all good and great players ... Videos do not lie . We don't alter game play or sand bag.. We ask outside players to come run a test run , so a member in are league wont be accused of sandbagging anything ...

We did this with fire and it was clear , by 3 great fire people with an average skill point level of 137.

I would tell you what to do and how you need to rotate , but since your a grain of slat still sticks , guess ill leave it for you to figure out :) ....

Which sucks , but people having problems with mental can blame you now ...

So after 2 videos , countless raids, alerts , duos, conversations . Hours and hours of game play , I have concluded . Well you figure it out ..

Have a great day sir :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Disasterpiece New Player

Using TK to throw meteors on Avatar of Magic does not make mental a "better" power set. (if that's what you're getting at)

I don't care how many skill points or raids or YouTube videos you have. You have no respect for other players and never actually say anything to contribute to conversation. You just spout off how you're apparently good at this game.

L2read, scrub. This thread is not about how mental can't output solid DPS. It's about how all instant cast powers have the same base damage. But I guess you'll just ignore that and spout your rubbish.
    • Like x 5
  12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

We already know what Mental can do. We're simply talking about something else.
    • Like x 6
  13. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Ah why complain? Ur not ticking for 5's & 1's like fire !! I would carefully think about what you are asking ... Shhh's let me have you base damage as fire !
    • Like x 2
  14. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Sorry I have my own post to worry about ! Later bro
  15. sc00basteve New Player

There is nothing wrong with Mental... it was just fixed. Matter of fact I spent over 6 months as mental waiting for the Fire update... and if I didn't love tanking so much... I'd switch back to mental right now.
    Obviously, Your choice of powers, PI's, and playstyle need to be changed.

It is, in fact, one of the most powerful DPS classes in the game if you use Terror as your main PI. I have seen cast-time powers (like Mass Lev) do the most inconsistent damage in the whole game.
    How many skill points do you have? Spec into some dominance and watch those PI's work better.

If they raise the base damage of mental... the game will be ruined
    • Like x 1
  16. La Chupacabra New Player

Response:

• Like x 2
  17. sc00basteve New Player

SO... they have the same base damage. In actual game content they react much differently:
    go check out Femto's guide. You can see:
    Helplessness :
    Pryokinesis, TK Push, TK Bolt and Psychic Resonance grants additional damage % to any opponent who are :
    The following states are applied by :
    Stunned : Psychic Resonace, Mass Terror, Pyrokinesis, Terrorize and Terror Tendrils
    Levitated : Telekinesis, Mass Levitation
    Rooted Cryokinesis
    Knocked Down : Cryokinesis & Dazed PI ,TK Push, Block Broken oppenents
    Knocked Back : TK Push, Tk Bolt and Weapon Combos
    Juggled : Weapon combo's

Encasement Breakers :
    Psychic Resonance , Pyrokinesis and TK Bolt grant additional damage and effects to encased targets - spreading additional damage to nearby targets.

The whole discussion is moot because no one actually just fights sparring targets all day.
    • Like x 1
  18. La Chupacabra New Player

This thread is a furthered attempt at addressing inconsistencies found in the mental power-set.
    We know what it can do.
    We know what it does.
    We know what happens.

And we're trying to dissect how it compares to other power-sets.

I don't care about player A beating player B, I don't care about how many skill points he has and I sure as hell don't quote random jargon from some guide, especially when all you've done is quote the tool tips on the power...

...what is the point of your comment?

We're looking at how Mental's base values compare with other power-sets and whether or not the ease and consistency of hitting those PI's don't warrant a buff.

TL;DR: if you don't back anything you say with numbers why should we listen?
    • Like x 3
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Come back tomorrow...
  20. Dreadwolf New Player

I've got to say that most of the posts that contends pure nonsense are from people I've NEVER heard of from the old PC forums, therefore I'm just guessing that they have no idea who the serious posters here are.
    Anyone that's heard of Drift Hazard or Chupacabra and read ANYTHING of what Disasterpiece has written regarding ANY power he's laid his hands on would probably stop a sec and and think that these people may have a clue what they're talking about..
    • Like x 1