ATT SOE DEVS: Mental damage base values need adjusting immediately.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Disasterpiece, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

just a question I hadn't thought about, what are you considering as base damage, level 1 char with no damage buff or what? I always considered base damage as level 30 no gear no sp no damage buff but I see that is not the case
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

You gain stats as you level up. If I recall correctly, you have about 572 might at level 30 with no gear and no sp. Also, the effects of might increase as you level up. At level 1, 4 points of might = +1% damage output. At level 30, 4 points = +1.8% damage output. Base damage is considered the value before defense mitigation occurs, before might increases your damage, and before any modifiers take effect. Our understanding of base damage is verified from applying DoTs to someone in a duel. The base damage for the DoT is verified under the Current Effects menu on the play it is applied to. Once we've forward calculated those numbers to in-game results, we learned to reverse those same calculations for other abilities on that same definition of base damage.
  3. Dreadwolf New Player

Just want to point out again, for new readers/posters, that the discussion is regarding Mental DPS. Not it's ability to controll.

Reason I'm writing this is coz I read BrotherMutants post containing,
    "Horrific visage? Really? I always heard it was invaluable to morph a bad guy (totally removes them from the fight does it not?)."

Horrific Visage is an awesome CC ability, but is "meh" as dps.

Now I'll let the numbercrunchers carry on (^_^)
  4. BrotherMutant New Player

Good point, shoulda checked its damage potential as the reason the poster thought it was "meh".
  5. Disasterpiece New Player

Just as a reminder, this topic is specifically from a PvE DPS stand point. So anything that requires a dom check to set up isn't gonna cut it in PVE.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dreadwolf New Player

^Point^
  7. sc00basteve New Player

I get what you're saying. I don't use either & the only time I would consider it is when Controlling.
    ie. I do tell people to grab an encasement breaker if I decide to roll with Thought Bubble in my loadout.
    Even then, I let the Tank have it's way with those healer drones in Prime and worry more about handing out power than getting them electrified or frostbitten.
    I believe that those are more controller-centric powers to, as you said, be a better team player. So, thank you for explaining. I guess I agree :)
    I can help the raid better by using my Terror interactions (+ a couple others), and being one of the best DPS in there, than I can providing PI's for other DPS's along with my damage.
  8. Dreadwolf New Player

Argh! 17 pages! Where are the devs!?
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

you guys have been spoiled over on the pc side.
    if you noticed the only 2 threads the devs have posted in here have been about money related items.
    Weapon packs and something else I forget.

On topic I still would like to see someone other than DP post their findings on PI damage comparisons. Not that I don't trust DP but results should always be verified by a separate party.
  10. Dreadwolf New Player

Haha! No way (^_^) I was just going by the 15 pages someone mentioned earlier in this thread.
    As a mental player, I know what it's like to post threads while the devs cover their ears and eyes going, "LALALALALA"
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

Behavior like this doesn't attract the devs. Keep in mind that the forums are first and foremost a channel for the community to interact with itself.
  12. Dreadwolf New Player

Behaviour like what, exactly?
    First and foremost.. yes.. BUT, also where we can bring up issues with the developers.
    To be completely honest.
    The few times I've seen devs post on the forums are when they've made a post themselves or there's a thread regarding issues that would inluence SOE income. (Marketplace is broken, I can't buy SC)
    OR
    When people are acting like complete jerks.

This is ofcourse from own experience and may not resemble any of your experiences.
  13. Dreadwolf New Player

Some might say, "post it in the bugs section", but why post it there when it's not a bug. The devs should be looking here as well.
    Just saying.
  14. Rebelyon New Player

Just to play the devil's advocate here... How exactly do we want the Devs to balance Mental? For all we know one of the simple solutions is to simply tweak the numbers down for the lower tiered powers (aka nerf)...
  15. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

That's what I said to Fireburst but they didn't listen.

Not that I'm encouraging this though.
  16. KiLL ORDER New Player

Don't post here if you have not actually read any of the threads. The problem is that there are bugs in Mental and this should be in the Arkham Asylum section.
  17. Rebelyon New Player

I have went through all 17 pages and there is no conclusion that this is a bug at all, simply bad game mechanics at work. Hence my genuine query since I dread what might be 'fixed'. The fix needed is surgical in nature, not with a blunt hammer...
  18. Dreadwolf New Player

No, I'm Dread.
    But seriously, This is what i'm getting at as well.
    And I think this is what the numbercrunchers are getting at.
    Mental isn't bugged, it's just poorly planned.
  19. Rebelyon New Player

This sums up the issue Mental is facing I guess :p

[IMG]

Sorry for the slight derail but sadly I do find our situation to be like Grodd's... always so close yet so far...
  20. La Chupacabra New Player

So, remember the whole allocation of point for a power based on how many mechanics it had etc etc, well, I kind of slapped myself silly yesterday when the thought came across but, well, we haven't talked about how all of our offensive powers are, ranged, we don't have any PBAoE's (tendrils is meh territory) but everything else can be cast at max range. Could that be that mystery value? are we the snipers of DCUO?

Idk, but I think we should expand our list of things attributed to every power and include range/Area of AoE+ stuns and class of stun. I'll try to do that this weekend, or rather as soon as test is up.

I'll still maintain I want shorter cool downs and Mass Lev truncated though :p