Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Very power hungry as a tank. I suggest 3 options to solve this:

While having the aura up

option 1: reduce power cost of all moves by 50%

option 2: apply a small power regen after every combo

option 3: gain an increased power pool

Right now without being interrupted or having to break combo its very power hungry and inefficient, with being interrupted..... well others have already shared their thoughts.
    • Like x 5
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

That is the only way to make the geiger am work
    • Like x 1
  3. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I was under the impression that it worked off the Dazed PI powers...I will adjust my loadouts thank you
  4. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Has anyone checked if in tank role you still get the heals from the combos even if you get interrupted or countered?
    Similar to rage, you still cancel rage crash even if your combo gets countered.
  5. Toph beifong New Player

OK so my 1st take on atomic is simple i enjoyed it a few things tho
    Tank:
    As some have stated my major gripe is simply the tanking. Last night was not getting the full 90% def buff as it is stated in the power set.
    Atom spliter should be speed up for the tank a lil the way it is now makes it seem to sluggish and you get countered very easy Abput the same speed as the other melee combo would be nice (if you could do this only in tank role so it does not effect dps damage)
    so positives i like that you have options for the tank it feels like i need more testing as a whole too many builds i can make with this
    DPS:
    This was cool i like the idea that it has 2 AMs. Have not tried the WM style for this would like to see it if anyone has. The SC leave a little to be desired. im not gunna say they are weak as i did not test them enoghf but a slight visual change for the 25% one would be nice. at 1st it seems like a channel but it seems you can clip it and its damage will continue intended?

I look forward to testing this more a a whole it looks great there is not a lot that "NEEDS" to be done just the def thing really the rest just seem to be personal pref. The Dps AMs both ways are fun and very do able, the short cuts keep me from having to count all the time, both tank and dps can be molded to the players play style. LOVE it granted that and the visual bug gets fixed im sold on this power as of right now Might based combos so nice.
    • Like x 2
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The Geiger AM works pretty much like Mental's. Just don't use any combos or you will not get the increased damage.

Although Geiger beam is single target, it will be very useful for burning a boss down, especially when it is below 35%. I would say Atomic has a benefit of having load outs for different situations.

Given the nature of the Power it is very possible to have a combo and API load-out at the same time.
    • Like x 4
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thanks for some clarification. No combo on the Geier Am combo for the...combo AM lol. I do agree that it is possible to have both AMs in the same loadout and it may be viable which would be very nice. I have been running some Tunso tests and should have the results here sometime today just trying to get the most out of the power before I post them
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

reminding here because I see Roomba posting it but all rotation parses must be done at CR126, not 141.
    • Like x 4
  9. TheCrazyGamerShow New Player

Yeah I noticed that to.
  10. TheCrazyGamerShow New Player

Bug Report:
    Atomic tank buff suppose to give the character a 90 percent defense and toughness boost. I found it only gives you 60 percent defense and toughness. and the Quark-Gluon aura sometimes stays on your character after you activate it, making it harder to know when it is active or not.
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Did the live test 18 - 10 sec parsers.
    High 30218
    Low 22050
    Average 25861
    This if for Long range
    Rotation was
    Atomic Powered Assault>Nuclear Burst>Beta Surge>Neutron Bomb then repeat NBurst>BSurge>NBomb another 2 times then back to the start with APA

I will try to get a Geiger test done later today.
    • Like x 2
  12. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I feel like the AM that focuses on Geiger Beam and Geiger Blast could do with some damage improvement. It relies a lot on those powers doing critical damage which doesn't work well with Geiger Blast being a single hit and Geiger Beam having 1 lower tick and a second big one. Comparing it to Gadget's EMP does basically the same damage as Geiger Blast but Gadget has the advantage of shortcuts through Distract and Stealth so even though EMP is a single hit as well which relies on landing a critical hit the extra shortcuts adds to the damage since and overall better "odds".
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm not able to test but as a tank I know the problems these folks are talking about first I'd say the suggestions above are a good start for some help

As for the QG aura... Earth used to have a similar issue with aftershock tanking little mobility flexibility from after shock straight in to block you had no real time for anything else without being vulnerable

I say go with the earth model of 12-15-18 seconds

Super charge 12 seconds with the aura

Short cut version 15 seconds

Full version 18 seconds

This helps out a lot with earth gives you time to round up adds mice bisse etc when you're not blocking or after shocking ...

If you do the super charge then go right in the longer combo then the 18 seconds over rides the 12... Then at that point you can move around a bit and do what's needed ... If you miss your opportunity to do the long version you gave the short cut or the super charge ready to go...
    I dint see any harm in this as it works similar to earth ... The longer you combo the better the reward ...

I also feel the self shiekd should be more like a tank shield in it doesn't break in so many hits it should take a certain amount of damage before it breaks or its time runs out
    • Like x 1
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

Very important to remember, that if you want lower power consumption as dps, to throw in APA before the Geiger rotation (and when off CD) to lighten the stress Atomic will put on you and your controller.

That being said, I love how this powerset's diversity pulls from every other tank power. I am still holding any thoughts on tanking until I get to test it more and see others' results.
    • Like x 1
  15. spord Developer

Yeah the Defense is supposed to be 90% and that will updated soon. The aura is a known issue that is being looked at. One work around I found was to wear an aura and then the Quark-Gluon Aura plays nice.
    • Like x 5
  16. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Can you tell us the intent of the Tank role and the Aura?

Was it designed with the idea that the player should be comboing all the time to stay in the Aura(Ie the buff from the aura of 2% heath heal should be up 100% to compete with other tanks survivability) or was it designed with the idea in mind that we should try and keep it up as much as possible but that 2% health heal is additional survivability meant to make up for the fact that we are out of block comboing?

Thanks
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

Checklist:
    1. 126 CR
    2. Full VII Mods (Might)
    3. LH Proficiencies: Damage Out, Critical Attack, Might & Precision
    4. HT Mods: Blast Adapter, Escalating Might, Core Strength, Max Damage
    5. Might: 10105
    6. Prec: 3389
    Note:
    • Close Range tests were conducted while standing in the middle of the 8 sparring target set
    • Mid-Range tests were conducted at the 3 sparring target set
    • Long Range tests were conducted at the 8 sparring target set
    • All tests take the mean of 20 samples while using the Combat Parser at 10 second intervals
    Atomic MMO Style Close Range
    (Geiger Beam)
    Mean: 33120
    High: 35355
    Low: 29274

(Geiger Blast)
    Mean: 35178
    High: 44851
    Low: 25816

Atomic MMO Style Mid-Range
    (Geiger Beam)
    Mean: 30055
    High: 35653
    Low: 23022

(Geiger Blast)
    Mean: 30148
    High: 41588
    Low: 22530

Atomic MMO Style Long Range
    (Geiger Beam)
    Mean: 25866
    High: 30710
    Low: 21706

Comments:

The 3 "build-up" powers I used were Beta Surge, Neutron Bomb, and Nuclear Burst. I previously tried using Radiation Shower and Ionizing Eruption since they benefit from the Dazed PI, but these powers don't activate the AM at all since they do not provide Nuclear Pressure stacks. I'm guessing Radiation Shower and Ionizing Eruption are only meant to be used with WM and nothing else.

Geiger Beam becomes AoE when used with the AM with 2 big ticks of damage, but it does not appear to do more damage to targets under 35% if used this way. Geiger Blast rotations are more "bursty" with high highs and low lows. Geiger Beam rotations are more consistent across the board.

Question: is Geiger Beam supposed to do increased damage at close range? If yes, then it seems to be under-performing slightly. If no, then I have to wonder why my Close Range and Mid-Range data was not consistent.

Slightly off-topic: I was happy to see that you do not need to target an enemy to activate the AM's damage and power regen. This is consistent with Munitions, Mental, etc. Spord, who do I talk to to get this quality-of-life feature added to Gadget's AM? Or are you able to take a look at it? Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 5
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

Oh I see.
    I've been clipping the first combo of each power, aiming for speed.
    I was able to get a midrange average of 33k/s with highs of 39k/s using the 126cr setup.
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

Geiger beam is aoe when using the geiger AM.
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

Interesting, can't wait to check it out. Will post my numbers for comparison sake
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.