Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sore Steadfast Player

You seem in the ballpark. Melee might be a little low.

Your might seems a little low. Do you have generator mods installed?
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Yeah, that's right. l just can't get what's the point for Atom Splitter to have longer cooldown, since you still need another combo for sustained melee DPS, and a fortiori geiger rotation. It just messes with Tank loadout, because you need another offensive ability to keep up aura without shortcuts, while sometimes you probably wish more defensive loadout. Note, that if use any other combo ability instead of Atom Splitter QGA will be keep-upable.
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

Forgot to mention I used Might 6.2 Generator mods. I guess my SP is stil bit low though.
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

You didn't share your stats but assuming they're on the spec, you're right on the target for long range (25.5K). That's promising.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

I'll try to get a video posted for the might spec like I have for the precision spec just in case it helps others. I've been willing to go over 160SP just to pick up some additional weapon combos as long as I hold my stats at that mark. Generally speaking you should be able to get all middle trees, T1 innates, T2 might innates, and unlock a few WM trees and get the bottom innates. To be efficient, you really should only unlock WM for the trees you got T2 might innates from. If that leaves you disappointed you don't have WM unlocked in a weapon you want to test with but happens to be a T2 prec tree, go ahead and unlock it with additional SP but avoid all extra prec/might stats in doing so. Some people sacrifice might in their spec by chasing those weapons while spending their initial 160sp.

If you're low on SP, you can get your SP up by loading up on the mark boxes from the supply vendor and then going to town on the rare style vendor, iconic style vendor, and the gear vendors from recent episodes. You can also use PvP mark boxes to run through the PvP style vendor but that's pretty painstakingly slow. You may also build up from marks or merit conversion and buying legends.
    • Like x 1
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So for tanking I believe I have found a good loadout that helps stay in block for survivability if needed and stay in the GAura.
    It runs both shortcut powers so that you only ever have to combo once to get the aura and never have to lose it.

It also has a lot of flexability to pick the powers you want and only forces a pull, a combo power, and both shortcuts so 2 slots open for whatever you choose. I personally go with the following:

Atom Splitter: Functions as an AoE pull and combo starter, this means if I wanted I have 3 powers to choose instead of only 2 if I opt to not take a long range pull.
    Neutrino Blast: Group breakout and short cut power.
    Atom-Powered Assault: Second short cut power and technically a group breakout since it activates GAura.
    Proton Remedy: Self Heal and stronger since I'm always going to have GAura.
    Atomic Reorganization: Long range multitarget pull.

6th power is my situational power that I rotate. I'll take Density if I'm the main tank for extra survivability, or I'll take Mass Density if I'm an off tank for more group support. I would like to try this out in a raid later tonight if anyone is available add Heavy Weapon and invite me. I came up with this loadout just based on theory crafting so I want to get some raid level feedback on it. The only thing I can say might be an issue before testing is 2% seems low. In order to consider using an attack out of block it means you would need to take less than or equal to 2% of your health as damage which I'm pretty sure is guaranteed. I would suggest either buffing that up to 5 or 10% or giving a health buff along with the defense buff. It all depends on whether or not the 2% is meant to counteract all damage or to slow it down enough for healers hots and burst to heal you. If it's just meant to slow it down then a health buff is whats needed, if it's meant to counter the damage you take then an increase in the actual %age is needed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

Just in case you didn't know, we'll end up comparing parses for all the powersets being adjusted. To do that, we'll have to work from a common spec. The targets the devs gave us (25.5k/30k/35.5k) are based of the CR126 specs that I've been sharing details on. Some people may be interested in seeing tests at the top available CR for curiosity and that's okay. But to make the comparisons to see if everything is in balance, we'll have to focus on a shared spec that doesn't change with each new round. If you're interested in sharing into that effort, see my recent posts and/or PM me and I can start including your results in the data collection that will ultimately lead to some very interesting charts.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

Well that is unfortunate. I believe that Density should be adjusted to function more like a traditional tank shield, dom+resto. Or it could be just dom, or dom+flat number.
    I had seen Spord's post but I was hoping he was mistaken. If Density absorbs dom+resto but breaks after a certain number of hits then it is essentially just HL Shield. HL Shield can break in 2-3 seconds, which is why it has very little utility for tanks. I used to use it as an Earth tank simple because I had nothing better to put in the slot at the time.
    • Like x 3
  9. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Yea it is unfortunate but as long as the cooldown reflects that it isn't as strong as a normal tank shield(the supercharge one should definately be changed considering its a supercharge) then it will still be useful. As it stands now a tanking loadout is VERY flexible for Atomic so you may just put it on cause you have everything you need already and just want some additional safety.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

I didn't even consider its cooldown, you're right. Still, even if it had a 10 second cooldown I doubt I'd use it.
  11. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Its 3 hits that can register once every 1.5s(with I'm assuming it registering one on cast as an option) so at minimum a 3s shield. Its not THAT bad, but still bad. Not sure what else you would put on though. What have you been running? I guess the second breakout since its a self heal too or even just another combo power for CC and incase you get interrupted doing Atom Splitter.
  12. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I confirm Karasawa's results, I got aproximately the same results with about same stats.
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

Actually one of my favorite parts. Used to do this on the livestream when I was able to DPS the whole new Ops for once earlier. I wish Celestial could get the same treatment =/

Those cone attacks who are also automatically better for range are exceeding in damage the 360 degree melee'ish powers which I found odd as there is absolutely no reason to take them. Also the 2nd tap used to end up in lower damage, in the raid I went one tap + clip all the way and got better results than those who were going through up to the 2nd tap combo. I assume the base numbers for the 2nd attack is too low here since we have to play through the animation of the first tap combo resulting in time loss that doesnt transition into the 2nd combos damage.
  14. ACW37162 Loyal Player

This power looks great the DPS side has plenty on constructive feedback and I've already decided on the combo mechanic for me.

Tank side;

Very power hungry.
    Self heals from aura feel very light.
    There is no messaging to let you know how many stacks or charges you have once you obtain the aura
    Keeping the aura up is very problematic (at least for me) and kills mobility.

There also seems to be a time constraint between combos for them to stack together which becomes extremely problematic while tanking with no real messaging on how many stacks and charges you have or don't have.

Is the powers design to run with aura up most of the time or to have the aura a portion of the time when needed? I ask because I may be trying to make the power do what it's not designed to and that is why I'm having some degree of difficulty with it.
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

Density has the same properties as HL Shield and I've had HLS break in under three seconds.

I don't have a computer so I'll have to wait for Atomic to go live before I mess around with loadouts. Two breakouts doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm probably just being nitpicky but to me Density is just HL Shield with a shorter cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

I'm also interested/worried about how Atomic will hold up in content with very hard hitting enemies (think every Survival Mode or HH last boss when it first dropped). Whereas Ice has shields, Atomic has heals. Will those heals even be worth coming out of block - only blocking to counter or get 5% extra mitigation - when enemies are hitting for 15-20K? What does Atomic have to counter strong hits?
    • Like x 2
  17. inferno Loyal Player

Only thing on using the 123-4 AM with Atomic powered Assault:
    There's no visual indicator that the power regen is in effect i.e.: Fire's blue flame or Gadget's battle display. The auras on the hands, that APA puts on, disappears when APA is off cool down but I can still see power regen working as I do the 123-4 setup. Any chance that something can be added? or let the hand aura stay until power regen disappears as an indicator?
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Right now atomic cannot survive against those hard hits, simply because the damage mitigation isnt enough from the heals and bonus defense, plus you cant constantly use combo's to keep getting that 40% dominance heal.

Right now its not that it requires alot of skill, its just the way atomic mitigates damage is not enough.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Keep in mind it's bugged on it's defense and mitigation right now.
    When the fix is deployed, we'll see if that's still the case.
    • Like x 2
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Also smth to note: When entering the aura you gain a raid-wide breakout, however when shortcutting the aura as tank causes you to do it with the breakout anyway making this part useless as well and you have to shortcut it because the long normal way is not going to work on end content/survival mode.

Another thing is the aura stats are all the way for DPS, why can't there be tank related buffs in tank stance?

Too much downside on the aura part imo.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.