Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sore Steadfast Player

Spord already answered that in the Q&A.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...mic-your-questions.261728/page-2#post-3445811

Take note that hit-based breakage usually means 3 hits but they won't be counted faster than every 1.5s. It's "like" a healer shield in that sense but it's still a Tank shield (based off resto+Dom). I expect it would stack with healer shields. I'm not sure if it will stack with Troll SC shields or not.
    • Like x 1
  2. ACW37162 Loyal Player

So, on the tanking side.

I'm finding the timing to get three stacks back up before the aura comes down is really really tight.

It literally feels like you have to continually combo to keep the aura up, which I'm sure is intended, but you have zero to minimal mobility.

This is just first impressions and not battle tested but the current 12 seconds or so the timing feels extremely tight.

The need to reposition, taunt, or just move makes it hard to keep up even with the super and the breakout ability to shortcuts it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The aura persists for twelve seconds like any tank buff. Even if you stop comboing for a bit you have a nice window with the aura up.
    • Like x 1
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

The aura is supposed to overwrite any other aura, but my question is- does it overwrite FX that is needed for fight mechanics (examples are BP and Laby)? Haven't had a chance to test it, so I'd thought I'd ask.
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

You have 12 seconds to get three more stacks and keep the aura up.

The aura is going to need to be constantly so you are constantly getting larger self heals.

If you drop a combo, have to reposition, get cc'd, or have to do anything besides sit in one place and combo that 12 sec window gets very very very tight.
    • Like x 2
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I agree. It is also not Controller friendly keeping your combos going like that. Might be better to double the duration in Tank stance only. I don't know if 6 seconds would be enough. That or maybe require less Molecular Charges to activate the aura as a Tank?
    • Like x 2
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Is it intended that you are not allowed to use Geiger Beam/Geiger Blast and get full damage while you have your aura active? I can ask this because you can technically still have 3 Nuclear Charges and being able to do so can help with positioning/interruption as a fail safe. So it would be useful to hybrid the two mechanics at times.

Without the geiger traits I find it extremely hard to fill up 5-6 slots with always-useful traits. I may use a Supercharge, maybe. I could use Robot Sidekick. I may use Fracture. In a Duo or Solo I can definitely make use of Molecular Reconstruction. Would be nice to be able to fill a loadout with 6 pretty useful traits or at the very least 5 that I will use in full group throughout my rotation. It seems like 2 slots are completely optional for Atomic damage-wise.
    • Like x 1
  8. KageXII New Player

So only need 3 moves and a super charge for am or is there for more to it?
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You can also add in Geiger Blast/Geiger Beam just in case you find it hard to combo doing a boss fight and need a more simplistic rotation. For the most part though, yeah, that is about it.
    • Like x 2
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

The tooltip I thought said 3 nuclear charges and no charges so basically if you combo to get the aura you have charges at least that's how I read it, no idea if it's intended. Of course it also says anything Geiger consumes your aura.
  11. Nemisor Committed Player

my initial thoughts are that because if the high power usage ( say the troll goes down ) it may be worth while putting the power regen into the tank role. been doing some ( brief ) testing and it seems atomic can last the least amount of time by itself tanking.

the def buff is nice though, feels quite solid and once you get the aura on it gets easier. but by the time you get the aura using the shortcut half your power bar has gone.

also think that the density effect looks a little dull ( Finnish wise i mean) i think it would look much better with a shiny texture.
    • Like x 2
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

The tooltips for the Geiger powers say that you cannot have any Molecular Charges to get the increased damage, and since you need at least two charges to activate the Quark-Gluon Aura, via one of the short cuts, you can't get both it and activate the Geiger AM at the same time.

If Atom-Powered Assault is like other Attack Buffs, it has a 12 second cooldown and a low power cost in addition to being a shortcut to activating the Quark-Gluon Aura. It might seem weird to use it as a Tank, but since activating the aura grants group CC immunity it is a little like a group breakout in the correct circumstances. Since it adds more MIght damage it seems like a no brainer for Dps and it also allows for slipping in a supercharge in the rotation or something like Electron burst or Irradiate and clipping it with APA.

There is also Neutrino Blast which functions as a group breakout on its own and an aura shortcut, but it's cooldown as a group breakout is likely longer than the aura's duration.
  13. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Bug: when your character forcefully polymorphs when aura is active (e.g. Spectre's Lair), aura's graphics will persist on that form per duration of whole polymorph.
    [IMG]
    Possibly bug: Atom Splitter has slightly longer CD than other combos & isn't bridgeable to keep aura active (rest of 4 combos) do. l suppose many players wish to use Atom Splitter for Tanks, because it's pull, so it significally messes with their LO.
    • Like x 1
  14. Nemisor Committed Player

Also the def buff is only 60% not 90%
  15. ACW37162 Loyal Player

There is also a 25 % super charge that gives your your aura immediately.

Yeah, I got all that, to carry assault you would have to give up a second group breakout or a taunt.

All the tool tip stuff aside, actually game play the 12 seconds to get three combos is very tight it's not impossible but it just surpassed rage on technical requirements, which I don't nescessiarly dislike but I really don't like the time crunch for two reasons....

1. You have next to no mobility, you move in anything longer then 5 m on 1 second intervals every 4 seconds you going to drop your aura. This is assuming you never get cc'd, pulled, pushed, knocked down, fuzzy stunned, have to interact with something or preform a rez.

2. The counter doesn't seem to be coining correctly even if you drop your because you have to move after two combos as soon as you complete the third combo your aura should come back and this did not happen about half a dozen times tonight, I'm guessing there is a time component between each combo that has to be met, but it's terribly inconsistent at least for me tonight it is.

I'm thinking every completed combo once you get your aura up buys you 4 seconds would be a better compromise. Or 3 seconds till you get to three stacks and completing three stacks in the allotted time earns you the extra 3 seconds seems like a fair enough trade (in tank stance only).
    • Like x 2
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

Are you able to jump during the comboing animations? That can be done with things like HL and Celestial to help with mobility. It is not a huge difference, but it is still useful.

It might be nice to get some clarification on the duration of the Nuclear Pressure stacks and Molecular Charges, to know whether it has to be straight combo into power into combo, or whether there is breathing room and exactly how long.
    • Like x 1
  17. Capt. Volcano Level 30

You
    You need to activate atom powered assault first as that way whenever you build a nuclear pressure stack and use Geiger beam/blast it returns power to you

Also saw cpl ppl say they can't get the 3 combos off when in tank stance to refresh the aura. I haven't been on test yet but from what I remember on another thread you don't have to get 3 stacks/6 charges to keep the aura active. One stack or one charge is another if memory serves me right. This means that it will be much easier to keep it active.
    • Like x 1
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

Tank stuff

Applying Quark-Gluon Aura.

Setup without Shortener: 7 seconds
    Setup with Shortener: 2 seconds

The long way uses immense power and is really not the way to go, can be interrupted very easy by some adds (1 out of 4 attempts worked on 20 attempts on the NGN adds in New Genesis Open world area). In those 7 seconds adds gain immunity and start punching on you. Not very likely to see this working in raids on your CR level.

Better was the Shortener version, I used to go run Thermochemical Explosion combo it /clip with Atom Splitter which got /clipped with Neutrino Blast. On top I run Proton Remedy which works very well on the CDs and clips as it can be chain-clipped after Neutrino Blast. 10 seconds I can do smth else, doesnt eat that much power (still its heavy tho) and put me in my comfortable block state. You can refresh it every time Neutrino Blast gets off CD as. If smth gets horrible wrong I use to run Energize (if you die and come back up in a hectic battle its really helping a lot since it has an initial burst heal tick on top of it going). And the last slot is the cone pull or single target tunt whatever is needed situation-wise.

Refreshing it works with Atom Splitter fairly easy if you use it once in the middle of Neutrino Blasts CD and once when CD ends and clip it straight it will keep the Quark-Gluton Aura up. Hasnt worked with Thermochemical Reaction though. Idk if its a bug just pointing out. Both combo'ed.

Have yet to test it in a more raid'ish environment with a controller.

EDIT: Switched power name as I confused my self s:
  19. Nemisor Committed Player

also also personal dampening field seems to be prematurely ending the gluc....glu.... orange aura
    • Like x 1
  20. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

45074 with combo at melee range. Average was around 37/38 k. 10087 might and no league hall affinity. This was a very short and rushed test so I imagine it is possible to do even more than that. We'll see.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.