Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So I see the so called pvp leagues most in using hardlight, gadgets, and mental. All seem to run with rifle. Is the overhead smash the hardest hitting melee move now?
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Rifle, MA, and Shield all have similar damage when it comes to their single target attacks with Rifle seeming to be just a bit harder. However, the thing with Rifle is the lunge. You can utilize it to farm immunity when need be and hardly ever move which is nice. I'm just not a fan of Rifle so I don't use it but I can see why others do. If you use it properly you can be one aggravating mofo to kill.

Hard Light is all kinds of funky. I need to write up a proper bug report on it but right now it BB's with certain combos, certain combos hit stupid hard, and it even BB's in Controller Role. I was extremely disappointed to find that last one out after switching to HL last night. I switched to it for the increase in single target damage while at the same time being bored of Gadgets after playing it for the last 3 months, not because the combos BB'd in Controller Role (which they absolutely should not be doing).
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

HL is not just BB in controller role. I believe using the constructs just like a dps it does the same dmg. Debuff plus broken power = every pvp league buying respec tokens. Lol.
  4. Myxo Active Player

Maybe they're exploiting the fact rifle is broken...I brought it up on like page 3-4 of this thread (too which the all wise Grand Shifu responded with a very poor resonse "I doubt that's the case". Try testing it first before you assume. Assume = *** + U + ME. You can melee tap about 13 times before being countered by a block right now with rifle. The damage is not OP, but it makes it almost impossible to counter. I uninstalled the game yesterday. I can't take it anymore, this game is going nowhere fast and has been for a long time. Had fun while it lasted. Have fun banging your head against a brick wall. Adios!
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, working as intended as some would say.
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just tested it Myxo. 5 taps on a blocking opponent put me on my butt every time. Tried it 10+ times and never once was I able to go past 5 taps with the opponent holding block.
    • Like x 3
  7. Myxo Active Player

Then they fixed it on the last patch, but I swear I was on yesterday doing it. I may be wrong though, I only played a couple arenas. But we went into arenas and tested 1v1. One blocked, I sat there and tapped left click 13x before it put me on my butt. So good on them for fixing something! :)
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Are you sure they were all table squares or melee moves? I'm not 100%, but I think when you does a tap triangle or range in there it resets your counter and can keep doing melee.
  9. Myxo Active Player

I uninstalled the game otherwise I'd go back in and take some screenshots or video. I was not spec'd into WM, mortar, or whatever is on the right side of the rifle tree. Just the 5 tap combo. When we tested I could land 2 5 tap combo's and get put on my butt 3 taps into the 3rd...all while he was holding block. The 5 taps landed for around 2k if I remember correctly. I'm a PC player, so this was done by just spamming left click (melee) with no delay in the taps. I could do it in open world and arenas without being countered.
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

11. ChillCat Loyal Player