Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Soul Dedicated Player

So far from testing this is really unbalanced, with MA and DW way up there, and HB pushed way back because uppercut literally hits less than just tapping..

This is definitely an over-nerf for HB. and Shield actually got away with it pretty nicely with 1 tap hold still bursting just fine.

DW 6+ tap holds can crit up to 14k with 3.2k prec, MA short-mid combos are hitting for 2-4k, for a single target option in 5s MA and DW seem the best now.

But I literally tried just Shield, 1h, dw, ma and hb.
    Brice, I trust you will do more testing p:

Edit: Also, it's worth noting the changes on live do not match the changes on test, we confirmed it.
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Then DW and MA should be brought down. I'm still all for the damage of shield and HB being as is with these reductions.
  4. Miserable Dedicated Player

HB Uppercut without specing into the WM is still pretty good.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

6. Miserable Dedicated Player

7. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

8. Tilz Loyal Player

1h flipslash Hits harder, also look into bow actually.

Legends: damage got changed. Flash Bb Spam is op.. Around 3/4 After counter during immunity
  9. Miserable Dedicated Player

Only the Dual Flurry right? Every other combo seems weak.

Edit: By weak I mean balanced.
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

Also heared some1 complaining about Bad sorc healing in pvp.. ( exp Players) maybe some 1 can confirm?
  11. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Yes
  12. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

This. Don't think it's an overnerf to HB when non-mastery Uppercut is still a really good single target option. HB is definitely still viable.
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

3 melee taps hit harder than/close to the same as uppercut non-mastery on Live........
    • Like x 1
  14. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Whatttt????
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Next priority is fixing to make sure that 5-tap rule is in place

Cos it is weird right now.

Or just go back to 3-tap if majority of the pvpers want that.
  16. Miserable Dedicated Player

I've only done a handful of scrims today, but why were Shield's 5-7 tap combos and Dual Wield's 6-8 tap combos buffed so much?

5s just became a lot less fun because of it. The strategy went from countering and putting pressure on the target with quick bursts of damage to the DPS spamming 6-8 tap combos just trying to one shot the target.
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Idk why they were buffed, but I know they're screen blockable and the damage splits. So next time, group up.

Edit: No I'm not saying it's justifable. That remains to be seen. Just putting it in perspective. Imagine if it's 6-8 combos were all single target?
    • Like x 1
  18. Soul Dedicated Player

Right, I'm just hitting 2 targets for 10k instead of 1 target for 15k :p

We run 4s the other night, I literally did nothing but 6 tap hold with DW for shi*s and giggles, I didnt even care about the screen blocks because the damage was good enough to take people from 50% to nothing amongst the people who did not block.

Even if this isn't the best way to go around, these combos should hit for half the amount they do now, if not less..
  19. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

As I said in the last sentence, I'm NOT justifying it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

Yeah, it didn't take long to realize that we'd have to play differently against that. Surviving 6-8 taps isn't the problem now. Personally, I just find that play style to be a lot less fun than what we got used to since the update. Instead of focusing on counters, now it's hoping for one shots.