Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Eminence Dedicated Player

Will be Handblasters next update. No other weapon will even be in its league.

The only weapon that can keep up with HB, is shield. Shield is getting a huge nerf (50% DECREASE, making it probably one of the worst weapons) on test, HB was left UNTOUCHED.o_O

Currently, Shield's "Overhead Plate Smash" and "Spinning Uplash" are doing a lot more damage than every other weapon, but Handblasters' "Uppercut" is very very close in DPS.

Should HandBlasters be nerfed or left alone?
    • Like x 1
  2. Roguester Well-Known Player

They all should be balanced properly, high DMG on big combos,by high I mean max 2 k.
    • Like x 1
  3. Eminence Dedicated Player

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oFtNLqAD3BG_E-FHM09QA/htmlview#gid=1224352958
    Thanks to Brice Allen and anyone else that helped him with this chart, you guys are awesome. I think these tests were done with no gear (96cr).

Just in case some of you require some numbers, I took the time to do that for you.

Live

Shield
    Overhead Plate Smash 751(min) - 1939(max) DPS
    Spinning Uplash 757(min) - 1773(max) DPS

Handblasters
    Uppercut 696(min) - 1820(max) DPS

Test

Shield
    Overhead Plate Smash 378(min) - 942(max) DPS 50% DAMAGE NERF
    Spinning Uplash 379(min) - 888(max) DPS 50% DAMAGE NERF

Handblasters
    Uppercut 699(min) - 1800(max) DPS UNTOUCHED
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Balance accordingly. That being said, tweak/buff weapons that lack single target combos too. You can do whatever the hell you want with HB. Doesn't change the fact that half of all weapons in this game are too vulnerable to screen blocking to be used in a match.

As it is, removing Shield and HB out of the equation would make MA, Rifle, and Staff (using tap hold only -_-) the next best weapons, and by that I mean MA. Brawling, Dual Wield, 1H, 2H, and DP, they're still left in the dust. Not because screenblocking is the problem, it isn't. The weapons were just designed that way. Until that changes, those weapons are SoL.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eminence Dedicated Player

Half the weapons being viable, rather than just one, seems better off. No?

These weapons have single target combos.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eminence Dedicated Player

Martial Arts
    Knee Launch
    Live 407(min) - 822(max)
    Test 461(min) - 1183(max) Buffed

Cartwheel Kick
    Live 470(min) - 981(max)
    Test 528(min) - 1313(max) Buffed

Elbow Drop
    Live 230(min) - 1076(max)
    Test 435(min) - 1066(max)

Now I did Martial Arts just because it has a lot of single target combos, also to compare it to shield and handblasters. Its clear that MA's got a buff and even after the buff, MA doesn't even come close to Handblasters!o_O
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Even when HB receives a fix for Uppercut damage, it will still be the top or second best weapon for Pvp.

To reduce the gap between DPS potential and vulnerabilities of all weapons, the fix has to come when the devs start to do the mass adjustment for weapons.

Ideally, its best to handle that as one mass fix / balance, rather than splitting up the fixes like its being done for mid-range adjustments for powersets. Mainly cos the adjustment will impact both PvE and PvP, so its better to test and work out everything in one shot.

A couple of weapons probably need a animation time fix as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. zor ile Well-Known Player

are you speaking for the over all game or just pvp eminence?
  9. zor ile Well-Known Player

then what about one handed back flip doing insane damage?
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

4 out of 11 is not half, and that is not counting things like Wolf and Insect Form.

1H only has the tap melee 5x and tap hold melee for single target. The first is incredibly weak, and the second becomes very predictable and requires tons of power to maintain clipping.

DW only has the tap melee once or twice hold melee and Flurry Shot Mastery as single target combos. Getting WM to get Flurry Shot Mastery actually lowers the damage of the first combos. The first combos mentioned also are fairly weak, require lots of power like 1H's combo.

DP, really. The size of the counter windows and the cast bars that prevent clipping in its single target combos have kept it firmly bottom of the barrel for a very long time.

Keep in mind MA has two things about it over HB.

With HB there is just one single target combo. This makes avoiding becoming predictable more difficult as anytime you go for single target damage there is only one option. MA has several option allowing for more mix ups and baiting. Being powerful in PvP isn't just about Dps, although Dps does have a significant effect, as things like predictably and extra risk, like all of 2H's combos that require several hold inputs, have large effects on PvP as well.

MA also has the best ranged combo, as its hold range 3x combo's 1st and 3rd inputs are single target. In GU47 the 1st and 3rd inputs were buffed while the second was not, in order yo avoid over buffing the WM combo, so the single target portions of the combo also hit the hardest.

Now I am not saying HB isn't too strong. It is, but I feel like it already isn't meta dominating enough to be FotM now that the AoE blockbreaker is gone. MA is right behind it in strength and like Saw mentioned Rifle and Staff are a little behind MA. If Staff wasn't pidgeon holed into using it's most predictable long animation combo for single target damage, it would probably be even better.
    • Like x 2
  11. Eminence Dedicated Player

PvP.
    I think 1hands "Flip Slash" is doing balanced damage, actually all aoe moves should be brought up to it. AoE combos have a greater risk, so I believe it should get a greater reward. Yea, in 1v1s its not going to split damage or get screen blocked, but even single target the damage isn't even close to HB's Uppercut.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eminence Dedicated Player

By how much? Only a couple people have actually threw out a number.
  13. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Lets disect that shall we?

Dual wield has 2 out of 10 single target combos. 1H has 1 out of 4. Tap hold for both weapons (2 tap hold on DW as well). Considering the dps time, those are much weaker combos compared to HB Uppercut, Shield's combos, and MA's Kartwheel Kick and Elbow Drop. Having single target combos isn't the only thing that makes a weapon viable. Especially if the combos are so short the damage isn't even worth it.

Most of DP's Single target combos are extremely vulnerable to to counters. Either due to the multiple tics of damage that are each blockable, or combos like Slip Shot and Magnum Round that are vulnerable to interrupt.

Bow on the other hand has Kip-up Launcher (tap hold) and Bow Slam (3 tap hold), but they're too fast to be given high amounts of damage, not to mention Bow's lunge is pretty slow, so forget about lunge kiting. Hell, you'll be lucky to get an interrupt without lag screwing you over.

Just saw Absolix's post. To further add on to that, Brawling has 2 single combos too, you just have to get past the combos before them, which are vulnerable to screenblock. If it makes Brawling viable, I wouldn't mind making Double Fist, Hammerfist, and Launching Uppercut Single Target at the very least.

So yes, the most weapons have at least one single target combo. Doesn't make them viable in PvP. Especially in 4s and 5s. Hell, in anything but 1v1s they're dangerous to use.
  14. Roguester Well-Known Player

Less then any other weapon with long combos,it is a fast weapon,the more dmg it does the more cancerous it will become in pvp.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We found where we missed Uppercut and have reduced the damage internally. The changes on test to the shield abilities above, and this change to uppercut, will be live at the latest with GU57.
    • Like x 9
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Is asking for an ETA on GU57 out of the question?
    • Like x 1
  17. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I'm not mepps but on Twitter they said possibly next week or the week after. I think the HL thread threw them off their target date
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It won't be next week. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.
    • Like x 4
  19. Deathmike Devoted Player

So... it could still be this week?:oops:

Deathmike out.
  20. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Did an a$$load of PVP last night, still using my big stick like always and it kinda sucks how little damage my staff does even when I manage to pull off long combos.