An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

Rage is a good example most of them quit Dpsin because them still outdpsed majorty of the time,this power is design to be Melee/Midrange the change didnt help them...

So lets just sit tight and see...no thank

(Yo!!! long time :) mostly on my alts like i said Pvp/celestial update are just disgusting)
    • Like x 1
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

I know we have other opinions of the update (i still think it was good at GU45).^^

The thing about the midrange/melee thing is another. We don't know how Sore/Devs will handle with the midrange/melee issue (Ice can midrange, Rage not really.. for example). So i hope/think it will be worked on so that it's all more or less on par. Still at range cele is best ;)
  3. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

If they confirm Mid Range as a dps method thats going to be 52 types of dpsing methods that needed balanced with eachother and we still have 2 more powers on the way that will round it out to 60.(WM, Melee, Ranged, MidRanged for each power). This dev team is no where near large enough or qualified enough to handle that level of balance and they are just going to make it harder on themselves. At this point with the lackluster content being released and the obvious crap storm that is going to be balancing powers I'd say its high time to start work on DCUO 2 and make that as perfect as possible out the gate.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, as healer I'm almost always midrange or melee, and I have little trouble. I don't get that close for DPS, but that's because there's no advantage to doing so. Since Celestial already has melee and midrange combos, they'll just need buffing. I don't foresee any Rage-type survival mechanic being implemented, nor do I think it's needed.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm not Celestial these days but what have been people been using to DPS the new Alert? Asking for some leaguemates.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

I've only healed it so far, but I'd use the same standard loadouts for DPS...until they update it.
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

The only change would be not using Cursed Idol on Raven, because of the reflect.
    • Like x 1
  8. Amazon Committed Player

Ummmm speaking of changes I just rolled a new Celestial toon, is Cursed only healing viable yet?

I dont really want my "dark warlock " type character having to heal using "good witch brigade magic" and hearing sparkling heavenly chimes while I'm bathed in holy light...

its very immersion breaking especially considering my Hand Blasters weapon effects are still Cursed :-/
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Nope, unfortunately not, and I some how think it'll never happen. There just isn't a viable enough Cursed Healer loadout yet.

The Devs are to caught up in other things and the DPS scaling.

Maybe in the future, if the Devs focus on support roles, we could probably pop the situation up again, but I highly doubt anything will happen for another year.
    • Like x 2
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Meh, I'd probably still run with it and just not use it in that fight. No way I'm running with Robot Sidekick. Could use another SC, like Speed Drain, though.
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Cursed Idol is still fine in the first 3rd of the fight and sometimes still in mid and near end of the fight, so it's still useful, I have used it without getting reflected. I also use it partly because it's a cursed power too :cool:
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Agreed. They aren't going to be making any Celestial healing changes anytime soon. It would have been cool for them to have designed it so the concepts and animations were different for heroes and villains, like with HL.

As far as Cursed Healing, you can run a pretty good battle healer that way. McB, BcA, CS, CI. The trouble is shield (have to use Blessing) and rapid burst healing (Renew, Admonish, and DL are the only options). You could use DMcB, but it only covers two, and it's combo-based. BcA and PcDL are also combo based. Need instant casts for emergencies.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'll be kissing the Devs if they actually gave the opportunity for more divided pure blessed and cursed loadouts in the future. I can only hope.

That loadout is unfortunately not viable for alerts and raids, without a second healer. Also like you said, you need a rapid burst heal and have to be forced to look at the Blessed tree...
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

All they would have to do is make Blight a burst on cast and the combo lead into a stronger burst on cAdmonish
    make cBlessing 4 man. Not only would that open up the Cursed tree more but it would bridge the gap in PvP healing.

that aside I've managed well with CcR BcA CS McB PcDL Cursed Idol
    The one thing this requires is timing. You cant miss a beat at all.

Pre cast BcA for your healing crit buff.
    Lay out CS an h.o.t.
    McB clip CS into CcR
    WM spam clip CS into PcDL
    • Like x 2
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Very nice, at least it requires skill, timing and technique unlike boring AM's and spam heals like nature.
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah I hear ya. It's just h.o.t heavy and fluffy.
    the only burst you have is McB

Also if BcM could count like McB, Id like that. I wouldn't mind using Bene instead of Malediction.
    My character is of holy origin so it breaks the immersion severely and his lore
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Leveling up a cele healer, can anyone give me some tips? Thx in advance
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Clipping is your friend, have fun, and just practice combos.:)
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, learn the combo timings is the most important tip. As for healing itself, check the front page. There are sample loadouts, and you can read about the details of the different options. If you have specific questions not addressed there, feel free to post them.
    • Like x 1
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I should have been more specific, lol i need a healing loadout. Wish it was a sparring target for healing