An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Interesting.

How about the SC? Do we have a viable dmg one? Also could you use a 35%'er now?
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Hey, my Celestial brethren. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for everything. You all have really made this guide and this game a fun trip. Before DCUO, I never poured myself into any game like this, and I've yet to do so with any other game since. Celestial, in particular, was a real labor of love for me, and so many of you helped out along the way.

That said, I'm officially moving on. I've been out of the game itself for quite some time now, as many of you know, and while I renewed my sub last fall in anticipation of a return after "Stats Matter" and the content realignment, I think the spark is simply too far gone. I've been following all the hard work that the devs, and especially the testers, have been putting in to the changes to come. I think there is definitely potential there, but not for me. I'm not seeing anything that I believe will pull me back in at this point.

So, I'm signing off. I won't be updating the guide going forward. Furthermore, I don't really intend to drop by the forums anymore. I hope that one of you will feel passionately enough to take the lead for what I'm sure will be an extensive revamp of the Celestial guide. Whoever that may be, please freely copy and paste any information that remains pertinent and do so with my blessing.

You've been a great community, arguably the best in the game, and I wish you all the best. Happy gaming!

-Rem
    • Like x 5
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sad to see you go man. Celestial is looking a lot better then it did when it first hit the revamp. Was hoping it would respark your interest in the game, but I can also fully understand the lost spark after being gone for so long. Eventually things just lose their appeal after you found something better. I wish you all the luck in the world with whatever you do or doing.

Someone may be passionate enough to redo the guide, only time will tell. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That broke my heart.
    I really will miss you Rem. I remember brainstorming with you trying to get Celestial to work with just combos in the weaon mastery days and pushing battle healing to its limits.
    Supporting each other to keep Celestial alive during that era, and trying to get Celestial good in Arenas as a healer.
    Loved the endeavors and things shared between us..
    Heh. Bittersweet really.. I'll continue the Celestial Guide but I've got a whole crap ton of base numbers to do and on both sides then.
    It won't ever measure up to your work but I'll try my damndest.
    • Like x 2
  5. Abra Cadabra Active Player

Remander,

I just personally want to thank you for everything you have done for the Celestial community.
    You and I have discussed things over the course of time, and you have always been extremely approachable and helpful.

I am in a similar boat as you. I renewed my sub, but only because I'm on the Low Price plan they offered a while back.
    However, as of late I have lowered interest in the game and barely even log in these days. So, I totally get where you are coming from.

Good luck, in whatever your future endeavors are. Honestly, Celestial and the game for those who play Celestial wouldn't be the same without you.
    • Like x 1
  6. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I'm sort of excited, sort of over the stats matter thing.. I've been checking in here and there on it. Does someone have a cliff notes version of what to expect for Celestial?
  7. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Just did jfar and I ended up 1 mill behind an elec dps with 274 sp, im only at 198. He was 2 cr less than me. I also still have a majority of my prec equipment mods in. I feel like my loadout was bad though. What do you guys think about the changes?
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Here is the thing. If you factor in SP, mods. and if you were using pure powers. No weapon or hybrid. You would be way far behind in damage.

Unless you change your mods you will be hurting your team dps wise. Or change to a more hybrid playstyle to where you mostly use high power costing powers.
  9. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Oh yeah I know. Im modded all olympian and up but I might wait til I have more stable gear.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ran SJ and WC last night 1-2-0-1, no Controller. I have since switched from Celestial because I was so frustrated. It's not just the power. I had already used my soder, supply and accomplice on the final fight in WC (we had a wipe). I died because tank wasn't grabbing adds quick enough. No one had a supply drop or anything because people still use them greedily for a damage buff and not whether they need power. I relied on CG for those fights but since it is 100% I can't do that anymore. I tried Life Drain for SJ but it seems meh. Eclipso went after me a couple of times so I'm not sure if it was a planned aggro drop or mediocre tanking.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

^

This precisely. I switched from celestial to electric and its literally a day and night difference with the power costs. I kept getting frustrated with the power costs to the point where it felt like I was a burden on any team and that I should just dps.

Play as any other healer powerset and you will see the difference
    • Like x 1
  12. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

What are everyone's thoughts of celestial after the revamp?

I for one think the healing is very power hungry and also heals in general feel very weak.

The dps side seems fine and im enjoying it quite a bit.
  13. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Pre revamp i never really used wotpcs as healer simply because the time it took i could do better heals faster. But now i kinda struggle without seeing as its a low cooldown moderately power efficient and seems the heal is comparable to VLs burst
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just dropping by to let everyone know a new cele guide will be up some time this week, it's about halfway done
    • Like x 1
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

Just dropping by, i'm back in game :p
    • Like x 1
  16. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Does any of the Celestial OG's know if the Divine Light Accelerator Mods works for Virtuous Light? I feel like it does not. That was one of Celestial's biggest heals and I loved it for Raids cause it gave us that faster cooldown even if just a sec. I asked in another thread and have not gotten a response. Any info would be appreciated.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I noticed that both celestial threads are pretty much dead. I’ll be posting my celestial video guide on here in case anyone needs it. Hopefully someone comes along and makes a new celestial thread soon.