An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Somewhat connected to the topic, with the new hard raid coming out in October, and being Black Lantern based, it has a huge amount of potential for roles.
    2 Tanks for the bosses and mob swarms, the possibility of multiple different add mechanics.

Also because Black lanterns are based on and feed off Death, the raid will (Like TOD) have huge potential for healers because they are the opposite effect of death.

Imagine... npc's only killable by healers, healers having to debuff adds or bosses, healers having to do tasks. Battle healing will be reborn for the moment.

Of course controllers won't be left out with the proper debuffs and CC's.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

In the balance pass.. for range Im nervous.
    8 is inflation city for Celestial
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

All this balancing is going to be interesting. Just hope it won't take a very long time, to the point where people just give up. I just think this whole melee mid-range situation was a creative idea but has gone out of wack.
    (I blame you gadgets *runs*)
    I think Atomic is a bit delayed because of this also.

Edit: Do not be insulted by my sig, my Celestial Brethren, I'm just campaigning for fairness of OG Atomic.
    Celest4Lyf
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I've already brought the discrepancy of PcDL to their attention. I provided 8-target vs 3-target to demonstrate how the former inflates Celestial's potential, despite there being relatively few situations where you have that many targets.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nd-player-testing.256551/page-20#post-3362964
    • Like x 2
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So who's down for Celestial powers to get a visual update to be White/Purple instead of Yellow/Purple?
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Makes sense for they way they programmed it but it's not unfixable. If they put time stamps on refelcts and the summon of Cursed idol and just add an if statement to the query that checks if the summon time on CI is before the activate time on the reflect attack they could fix it........Suggest that to Spord and see what he says. Basically they would need to create 3 Variables:
    Reflect Activate Variable
    CI Summon Variable
    CI Tick Variable

The Tick Variable can be used for the AM to check and adjust damage. The other two can be used to determine if the CI Tick Variable should cause reflect damage. The scorecard already has a timer so they could just pull a snapshot of the time every time CI is summoned and save it to the CI Summon Variable and a snapshot whenever an enemies Reflect attack is used and store that in Reflect Actiavte Variable. Whenever the CI ticks stop the CI Summon Variable is reset and whenever the Reflect attack ends the Reflect Activate Variable is reset. Make sense?
    • Like x 2
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

Idk if i can follow you(kinda tired :D).
    So basically what you want is:
    Use CI before reflection and we are fine?
    And if we attack another target during ci + reflection we are fkd ?( am boost on ci.. example in HH 1st boss) but if we just let tick ci during reflection nothing jappens?
  8. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Basically what it achieves is as long as you cast CI before the reflection you are fine. If you cast it afterwards then yes it kills you as it should.

When CI is casts the time is saved to a variable lets call it CITime, when the reflect is used the time is saved to a variable lets call it reflecttime.

Now during this "refresh" tick that spord is talking about there is an if statement that basically in layman's terms it would say : If CItime is < reflect time then don't deal the reflect damage. It runs this through every tick until it ends at which point the CITime is reset to null.

Better?
    • Like x 1
  9. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Wait .. we're getting a visual color update?? That stinks, I worked so hard to get my style synced to yellow :(
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, no. No graphics changes.
  11. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Oh, thank the heavens :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Update on Celestial:

1. DL burst overwrite issue: Is actually a tech issue. The team is looking at ways to address it.

2. CI triggering Reflect attacks: This is also being looked at.

3. Melee damage buff: This is pending an official decision on midrange from the team, but will happen in some form or fashion.

Just wanted you folks to know that things are moving behind the scenes. ;)
    • Like x 5
  13. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

No I was just asking who would be down for it. Since Cursed got Ravens Purple/Black scheme. I actually like the white/black Raven effects.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Ooooooo, that makes more sense now.
  15. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

How is cels comparing to ice and quantum ?
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, behind. That will change soon, though. ;)
  17. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

How do u know :O?
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

There is the balancing process atm (lead by sore) and cele will get a buff on midrange/melee i guess.. no clear decsission when, but not too far away.
    • Like x 2
  19. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

o_O how that is a good new when Melee/midrange is a distance you have to avoid to not getting constantly interrupted...
    ...Celestial update is such a fail...i wrote this ...i guess another failure to your active...
  20. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

If Celestial is getting a melee buff/tweak, you would think it'll get the melee activation mode like Rage.

So lets just sit tight and see.

(Also hey LeRass, long time :))