An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

I'm getting fuzzy feelings remembering the short time of single target Precision DoT stacking could be used. It was sad that it only worked so well because of the cMal and cCurse bug, but it just felt so fun. It is likely not going to happen, but I do wish it the AM could be given the ability to do something like that.

Who knows? Maybe they can do something with Atomic to give it a similar feel.
  2. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

That is something I love and hate at the same time. I love seeing the PcDL completed and on screen. But, the timing of it just can't be complete all the time. I'm not a scoreboard chaser by any means, but.. I do want to hold my own, and not be carried in duos and such. For the new DUO; I don't even have time with a fire DPS in my league to set myself.. Running Rcw;Annoint'Bene.. before he has most of the adds wiped. I been then using annoint, Bene, before then RcW into ScH.It's helped but still no wear close to the amount of damage output.

I'm CR 129 on DPS one of my league mates is a 118 Earth DPS. Both Hall of Power 2 duos he carried me.. Which I'm really confused about. I don't know what went wrong on my end there.

Wondering if in these dous of taking out PcDL, and throwing in HcS, as we can't hit the PcDL combo in time.. Thoughts from the group?

But, in raids I can hold my own as there are more time/adds for PcDL to work on as well during the boss fights throwing up CI
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Piggy-backing off of what Victory said:
    The biggest issue I'm seeing moving forward is - Our combo times will keep us from being thought of as "useful." I fear that soon you will start seeing "LFG - Need DPS/Healer for ___, No Celestial, too slow"
    The saddest part is, I have no idea what tweaks may be needed except of course for Anoint>>Dark Pact :p to address this for the future.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that's just burst speed. No getting around it. If I'm facing low health adds or am significantly overgeared, I don't bother with more that RcW, ScH, and buffs. Of course, when we get our melee buff, things might change.
  5. PEACE XX New Player

Celestial does need some attention I've been celestial for a while now both healing and dps and I LOVE IT. Now I'm pretty good at dps but it's at the point where no matter what I do I just can't compete with the other powers:/ I didn't mind it so much cause I simply enjoyed the power but lately it's gotten to the point where in lfg if they're looking for "op dps" no matter how many tells I send I don't get invited which makes it kind of hard to enjoy the game. Has celestial really gotten that bad of a rep or are they looking for gadgets, ice, mental, or fire dps. Idk but I pray for an update
    • Like x 1
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Thanks to the community.. what you descripe is a community issue.. cele is not bad.. but just not one of the op powers.. with gu53 (i think/guesy) we will see a buff for melee/midrange :)
    I know why i just dps with my league or friends. Otherwise i just heal the rare pugs i run.

@remander
    You think we can use dmcb soon?
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I wonder if it's time for me to come back to Celestial.
    So many people making the healing look so weak. :(
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

We'll know about the Celestial melee situation soon. ;)
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I've no doubt.
  10. DulcesS Well-Known Player

I've seen a video of the new alert (elite) and Raven has a reflect similar to Lashina's on HH. Could anybody test if Cursed Idol is affected by it? Because it kills the player instantly, and you can only die once per boss on elite mode.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

CI does activate any Reflect attack. Do not use it if facing an NPC with such an attack.
  12. DulcesS Well-Known Player

:mad:
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

It could be worse. You could be Quantum and are stuck using Time Bomb on enemies with an overused mechanic you can't get around.
    • Like x 3
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

It has to do with CI working with the AM now. I received confirmation from spord about it a while ago. It has to do with the programming nuts and bolts behind the two abilities. Basically, it comes down to CI sending a query with each tick, now that it's part of the AM. That query is what triggers the Reflect response. Unfortunately, no way to fix it without removing CI from the AM.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

I found it. Here's the explanation:

• Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Did you read the feedback in the testing notes? I got the impression they were surprised that we were tired of that mechanic. Honestly, they could have enveloped a player in one of Raven's soul selves every 20 seconds or something like that. That would be more challenging than a constant reflect.
    • Like x 3
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

Yeah, I'm going to have to do what I did with L&W and exclusively trol. I usually like doing both roles as I usually get bored just doing one, but they aren't exactly giving me much of a choice.

Frankly, if there is a mechanic that completely shuts down a role for a power they might need to reconsider when they choose to use that mechanic
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Well, we sorta had it in the Gotham Courthouse. At level, it was quite difficult to get some of those feats because it essentially did just that, shut off powers. Similarly happened in PW if the tank was jailed. So it's not such an unheard of mechanic.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Oh and just to make this about Celestial, on test, I healed it as Celestial. ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Oh you're right, that's worse:eek: