An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Ty
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

To save you trouble

A standard loadout is Admonish Renew Consume Soul Blessing Divine Light Sacrifice.

You can choose to do regular Renew or do Renew into Cleansed Curse and Blessing into Cleansed Deathmark
    • Like x 1
  3. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

o_O how that is a good new when Melee/midrange is a distance you have to avoid to not getting constantly interrupted...
    ...Celestial update is such a fail...i wrote this ...i guess another failure to your active...
    Rage is a good example most of them quit Dpsin because them still outdpsed majorty of the time,this power is design to be Melee/Midrange the change didnt help them...

So lets just sit tight and see...no thank

(Yo!!! long time :) mostly on my alts like i said Pvp/celestial update are just disgusting)
    from info that you testers provide i can see that celestial is not the best at any range i point it to you guys since released...
    it was written that gu45 wouldnt full filled the gap with other Dps set for the reasons i brought to you
    fact and numbers (again cause them were listed before last sore test ) prove that you all were wrong
    i m agree dev team is no where near large enough
    what s disapointed me the most with gu45 is that they were taking a little time to make celestial better
    with all that HeavyWeapon are pointing we wont see things clearly goes better before less an other year

i know that you guys on that thread a part of the only celestial user who never had any issues with interruptions
    back on toppic you promote a Melee Buff where you said there is no advantage to do so
    i m not part of your celestial immune user why would be happy to get a buff when it lead me to get interrupted???

actually celestial better get a buff and keep his disinterest in range damage scaling

from PvE DPS Balance Initiative thread:

that is the thing to looking at for celestial

start off immediately with a big hit in raid when you run with goods others powerset you ll will miss out on practically all your damage against adds.adds dont stand for more than 2x RcW

with the new AMs celestial is underpowered and is nothing more than a support dps people will prefer having another OP AM powerset than a celestial user it aint fair

WAKE UP!!!!!!!
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Remander mesnt that atm there is no advantage being midrange..with a buff it would be different..idk..;)
    After gu45 cele could outdps everyone. With "recent" updates on ice/fire/etc.. yes you're right. It lacks behind. Not that much as rage or the dot powers but it lacks in some way.

But never had issues to get into rauds/alerts with celestial
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Hey Remander, considering your in on the Stats and CR scaling etc, do you have links or graphs for if Stats are still effected by CR?

Someone is claiming that you can do allot better as a Rage melee dps if you wear tank gear, but that does not one bit make sense, your stats would have a massive chunk taken out of prec/might.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, yeah, that's false. I've explained this many times, but folks can't seem to understand. CR scaling is a percentage scalar that has as it's base your stats. If your stats are low, your damage out and survivability will be low. The DPS stats in tank gear are very weak. Yes, your survivability will be higher for melee DPS, but you'll still be vulnerable to interrupts, and you'll not have actual tank mitigation, so you'll still be vulnerable to one-shots that tanks would survive. I even tried DPSing in tank gear on my Earth toon, since the pet does 50%+ of the damage. I saw a significant reduction in damage out. The stats matter. It's not just CR.

Here's a curve ball for you. An interesting consequence of the CR scaling is that mods and SP are actually more significant now than before. Yes, I said that. Before CR scaling, gear upgrades not only had a higher CR, they had a substantial stat increase. Now, you'll notice that the stat increase is smaller. That's because the previous increase is captured by the scaling factor. Thing is, so are stats from mods and SP. Before, a VII mod was a VII mod, regardless of the gear. The stat value was static. Same with SP. Now, those stat boosts from mods and SP actually scale with CR, just like the stats in the gear.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Thankyou, much appreciated. ;)
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I know English isn't your first language, so I'll cut you some slack. Just realize that they are going to align range, melee, and perhaps midrange as part of this. The goal is for all powersets to have equivalent DPS potential at each range. Will some be burstier than others? Yes, and that will give them an advantage with trash mobs. That's always been the case. I don't see them changing it. They balance based on boss fights, anyway. Just sit tight and we'll see what's coming. I'll be heavily involved in Celestial balancing. I got your collective backs. ;)
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Goin Celestial this weekend.

Planning on running Elite Alerts with an aggressive battle healing building.
    1:1.

AcB ScH RcW McB DLcP Anoint (Cursed Idol on Raven. Yeah lol)
    looking forward to it.
    • Like x 1
  10. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

I totally understood Remander s willing but it not needed that way it s not beneficial when it lead to expose a weakness.
    Celestial dont have the mobility of other powerset to go in and out in a fight it just bring more difficulties.

like Gu45 it will be the same for all dont expect it will be huge.
    I add my point of view in regard of burst DD and trash mobbs on the balance thread.

if you really involved in that balancing littel example :
    • the powerset carry buffs that make do the a same damage of the other where is the logic
    • Am of the others powerset do more dmg with less input from the users where is the logic
    • heals of the other set are more efficient with less input from the users where is the logic
    Just sit tight and we'll see what's coming....wake up!!!!
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, it's official. We're up next, folks! And we will be one of the first to get formalized melee, midrange, and ranged damage gradation!
    • Like x 6
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

uh uh uh uh :) Maybe i changed back to cele then.
    --- Changed to nature a few days ago for a change :D---
    Will help testing when it's on TS Remander
    • Like x 2
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

So... Celestial will get increased damage in healer role if we cycle our combos and no power regen then?
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

All powersets will be able to take advantage of Advanced Mechanics' increased damage in non-Damage roles
    • This is specific to damage only, not power regen
    Welp, once this gets implemented I will reactivate my sub.
    WoTP might be put in the new rotation.
    • Like x 1
  15. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Celestial is a great powerset, I hope for the best!
    • Like x 2
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

I honestly have zero details on that.
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Hehe oh yea.
    I no longer will be dps' ing.
    McB RcW WotPcCS all day. (Yes. I said WotPcCS)
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

[IMG]

• Like x 3
  19. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

If that's the case I'll be very happy but also very unhappy. Why use a support role with the AM or high damage but requires power, when we can use a dps still.

I must say, AM's have such high Powerback it's not funny (You too Nature Bug). Once all this is implemented, I think it'll be allot better if powerbacks had reduced powerback by a few percent.
    • Like x 1
  20. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

When Celestial was on test i submit the idea of a change for celestial set concerning WotP in those threads:

Deviant eyes: GU45 Celestial AM DPS Update review
    1. Deviant eyes: GU45 Celestial AM DPS Update UNTESTING FEEDBACK
    Now the developers are more open to discussion on what we would like to for our powers and open to do some changes to balance everything:

I comeback to all of you celestial user to submit the idea and support it.

The idea was:

Wrath of the presence:

-make it a range aoe center on your target
    -make the combo wrath of the presence to consume soul range aoe center on your target
    -change the animation

result:

Wrath of the Presence
    Power Cost :same
    Casting Time :same
    Cooldown :same
    Duration :same
    [Requires Level 12] [Requires Retribution]
    Bombard your enemy with an explosion of divine energy, dealing damage your target and nearby enemies and knocking them down.
    [Celestial Combo]
    Tap Melee, Hold Melee : Consume Soul (Cleansed)
    [Corrupted]
    Bombard nearby enemies with an explosion of dark energy, dealing damage over time and knocking them down.
    [Damage Role]
    Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets.
    Notes
    ~ [Cleansed Consume Soul] : Purge spirits from nearby enemies, dealing heavy damage, pulling them toward your target, and knocking them down.”

then wrath of the presence is range when consume soul is close combat ability to keep the flavor of the power.
    It mean Wotp would act like EB from electricity:

Electrostatic Bomb
    Power Cost : 300
    Casting Time :
    Cooldown :
    Duration :
    [Requires Attract] [Requires Level 12]Tosses and electric grenade that pulls enemies into the centre of the explosion.”

When i submit this idea the first i had in mind WM like you could see on my threads
    Even with the changes of the way we do damage this remain viable and dont change at all your way of dpsin with celestial
    In fact i found it as a most need even when most of you here express to having no issue with celestial since it released it alway the same complaint coming again and again for user and new comers to the powerset :

-problem about interrution
    -boring because of spamming heavy
    -problem with pvp unfriendly moves and unefficiency compare to other healers
    -frustration when running vs bursty powerset

As i tested it when i submit this idea few month ago it does help on all those aspect and open the powerset to more flexibility in regard of loadout constructions
    Aswell it give the possibility to do a full rotation of power similar of what Might powerset are able to do
    in the process i asking a change of animation in regard of pvp jump moves are a mess in those content plus give it range but keep it jumpy result of awkward animation that unaesthetic an clip unfriendly.
    Having the possibility to battlehealing at range with our power is a most to compete to with others healer set mostly in pvp too
    the effect is needed for all those power set who make you miss your damage by spreading the adds all over the place
    there are still many reason why this change have to be done just try to be positive about it

Please submit it with me and support it