Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

I'm afraid I don't understand that there's a major difference between uncertainty and doubt.
  2. Seethra Well-Known Player

I can agree with your POV Nuclear, but it has to be said; not everybody cares for f.e. an emblem, promo poster or similar and a CR100 boost is also something everyone can use if desired.

My point I am trying to make is; there will always be a reason for a complaint.
    Please understand - I am not disagreeing with you, I'm glad your response is formulated civil.

But in all fairness, with players, new and old already being carried, i don't really see how a boost will affect this as much.
    It's a welcome gift for new players and old alike that like playing with alts and never really got the energy to get that kickstart to catch up with their other chars.

In short, regardless of the type of gift, there will always be those that are happy, and those who are disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I for one took advantage of one of my free boosts last night by making a new toon. However, I plan to run lower tier content just as much for the fun of it and to boost sp.
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

This is what's happening , I'm pretty certain of it.

It's not quite time yet (it's one of the top money makers for DBG) and there's an awful lot of work going on from the developer team with stats revamp and all but I can't help think , especially after reading up on the people that own and run the game that that's the ultimate end game situation.

In my opinion it's not a case of if just when , until that happens I'll keep on playing low level toons and use the open episodes as and when but I certainly don't feel like I could take out a sub right now , not at least till there's some clarification about where the future is for this game in particular.

This is just all my opinion and in all honesty I hope I'm 100% wrong :)
    • Like x 1
  5. IndyColts12 New Player

I did the same thing, but only with one since I'm not a member. Thanks DB!
    • Like x 1
  6. not_again Dedicated Player

Logged on last night and all I saw in league chat were treasure chest and toyman feats popping constantly. I have to admit I was disappointed that I grinded those feats and with just a few replay badges a ton of players now have them. I would love my time back for a few replays.
    • Like x 3
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Thanks for the gift, and I do understand why some are upset, if you don't, if you have worked extremely hard getting a new toon to cr 100 and all of a sudden players get to do what you just did for free, kinda slaps that person in the face, any ways still looking forward to the future haps and anniversary.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

How people are actually defending the giving away of free feats. This community never seizes to disappoint me.
    • Like x 4
  9. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Ppl here are laughable... If they drop ice mental electric on test to live y'all be lost bcuz none of u actually kW hw the pwr tree works and will be searching youtubers for help and those same youtubers are the ones who making valid complaints but u attack them for speaking up n out...but will praise them for helping u with a load out from their YouTube channel...just be quiet...

We feel the devs cld have actually gave us legendary members a separate gift then this free to play crap...

Tom bot servo was appreciated by all...poster appreciated by all...

But to continue to help free to play and not the actual paying members who spent hundreds on this game real money Tht is...u wld think a developer wld do for those then the ones who leech f2p...

Come here attk me idgaf I give gave and probably wild give more to keep this game afloat bcuz like other real players (members) want this game to last a while...I NVR wish for it to die if I did I wldnt have NVR came bk when quantum pwrs dropped...

At Tht time I was a noon ddn kW **** abt the roles the brokers or farming collection...

Way I did was learn and I ddn do it by looking on YouTube I played with helpful players and its still SME out here u just got to be willing to grind on your own...

I help all players but if I see u not trying and a fom person u on your own...

But to stay on topic dcuo will live on with the devs actually taking into account of its actual members rather they are month to month or yearly those players are the faithful players especially myself who let's his sub go for one day bcuz u kW I quit...but resub bus its one of my favorite games to play...

No matter hw boring smedays be I'm on it just to do whatever

Those type of players are the ones dcuo devs needs to recognize...

End rant
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I love how you folks are all "They're giving away feats that players with 250 275 sp still don't have! How evil!"

Hey, geniuses, everybody gets a free boost to 100 token, meaning they're giving those feats to the people with 250 and 275 sp as well. All they have to do is use the token. I know, mind blowing, right?

Honestly, this is a forum that is so toxic, full of entitled, whiney crybabies, literally chomping at the bit for the next thing they can complain about. What a miserable way to live.

Grow up.
  11. djhalla619 New Player

Thank you DCUO. cant wait to see what unfolds this year also I hope the mean dcuo fans here learn how to not look a gift horse in the mouth kinda disrespectful a gift is a gift even if it is just a cake trinket =_0 or a free character leveling you dont have to pay for.
  12. Nydia Level 30

i guess i need to make a new toon too so i can get the traces gear because i have been missing 2 of them for the last 2yrs now.
    lol
    i can just replay it on my main.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

They're giving away feats that a lot of people worked hard for and didn't just have handed to them on a platter.

That diminishes both the player themselves who achieved the feat and the effort they put in to it.

Unfortunately this game has a history of things like that, so it shouldn't come as a massive shock.

For someone telling others to "grow up" you could try to exhibit a bit of empathy and understanding yourself ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Unida Dedicated Player

we need one of those.....

"I supported the game for 6years and all I got was this lousy progression token"

....t-shirts
    • Like x 1
  15. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Somewhere here there's irony hidden...
    • Like x 1
  16. SparkmanX Committed Player

Why is this community so toxic?

I have read each of the comments written on this topic and will try to make my observation as best I can in a language I am learning to master.

Generally many players tend to mention that the reason some players leave DCUO is because of the way the company has run the game; However, many of those who have left often say that there is another reason: how toxic this community is. This particular topic has come to flourish that point.

Many of the complaints presented by some players come from an extremely selfish source, which, in my opinion, is the reason why this atmosphere of toxicity is generated. Below I will summarize some of the complaints and explain why they are quite wrong views and some are highly selfish.

1. I only have one character or I already have all the characters I need at a high level, I do not need to do more. (mentality)

R /. WHO CARES!. Precisely because it is an egoistic mentality, I will answer you in the same way. Making another character is a viable option for everyone, if you do not want to use it, it's your problem and only your problem

2. OH NOOO....Many newbies who do not know how to use their powers well! (mentality)

R /. HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU? That argument makes no sense. From CR 100 to 165 (Level required to play AF3) there is a huge gap. As long as these so-called new players do their missions to level up, they are likely to encounter others of their level. Between Tr5 and AF3 missions they will have to learn to use their roles. Of course, all that can change if a 190 Cr helps or something, but that's another topic.

Another answer to this Softening argument, is that most (the vast majority) of players who are going to take advantage of this gift, are players who want to use them in their Alts. They already know what the game is like, but they want to try with other powers or roles. This is a gift after all and the most interesting thing is that IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU

3. I have worked "very hard" to make those feats (mentality)

R /. FOR REAL? THINK TWICE. I have also accomplished all these feats and many more; And the reason I made it is simply because I have been playing DCUO since 2011. For me that is not a great achievement, because all those feats were done simply by playing and also because there was nothing else to do. If you wanted to get marks to have your armor, you had to play every day the toyman mission and the solos.

I do not know you, but for me that's not "working hard". We usually call it "working hard" when we have to do it with the Alts, because it does not make sense anymore to do those missions and also because they are no longer fun after you've done them 100 times. It does not make sense for new players to do all these feats when they have an exciting world of missions to do with new stories in front of them. Repeating again and again the missions of the toyman is only a way to punish those players who are starting from 2016 or later.

Growing the community is beneficial for both old and new players; However this type of selfish mentality does not allow them to see that it is more entertaining to meet new people in the game. I have more things to say, but the truth was already a lot of English for me for today.

If we want a better game, not only must we change the game itself, we must change ourselves for the better.
    • Like x 2
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

But hey let's keep thinking the game isn't becoming P2W, because it's not like TC are giving actual gear with feats and gear mods we'll need, and now free feats (of which I'm thankful btw, but doesn't change the fact).
    • Like x 1
  19. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Every one enjoying their paid membership :D
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

This isn't entirely accurate, I know several people who would have to buy another character slot in order to use this gift. This is due to having max toons and all above CR 100, which was something Nuclear pointed out.

I will grant you that the number of people who has that as a reality is very small but it does mean that this gift can't really be used by everyone this time around.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.