Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Start a new toon with a new power and look. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. it seems to me this *gift* is to attract players who are new and/or who do not play very often for various reasons. For example, I only check in every once in awhile on the PS4 and only one character of mine is CR73. I stopped playing regularly shortly after Home Turf went live. So for me, I could really take advantage of the free CR level ups; even with the upcoming stats revamp those characters I choose to level up would be at a better restart stats point than the other lowbie alts I have.

However, I have empathy for those who already play this game regularly and have alts that are already close or over 100CR. I think the devs should have given players a choice; either take a 2,500 DB/Marketplace credit (since the CR100 level up is worth 25 dollars) or the CR100 level up. Members would be able to mix and match the offer and non-members/premium players would only have one choice.

I am still waiting for the #statsmatter change to happen before I decide on committing more time to this game. Ah well, guess I will take my free gifts and wait a bit longer.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

No I sell my unwanted gift on ebay.

WTS DCUO account cr100 most grindy feats done. PST. :p
    • Like x 2
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thanks for this! Some of those, even seasoned toons wouldn't have. I suppose people that boost an alt can transfer those feats, right?
  5. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

And what about my post gives u any room to think that? The fact that you think that's an insult and you only want to lower my statement's validity?

Thought so.
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

talking about the thing itself actually...in the end of course it can become a stabilizer sales push...now that you are that CR you need all new gear...right??? but that is not inevitable...that is optional...same with saying ALL your alts need to be 100...just because...
  7. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Thank you Devs. As one with a few alts I appreciate this. Sounds like some people here need their "safe place" though.
    • Like x 1
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Meh.

I can see why this would appeal to new players.

But since I'm not one, I have no interest and I get no reward whatever from this.

The reason I'm in the game is to play the game.

On the one hand, most of my alts are past 100 CR already. But worst of all, what's inane is that any that aren't I can get to 100 in a few hours. So WTF is the point? Pay hard cash to skip past maybe a dozen hours at most?

And what's the point? We're here to play the game, so we're supposed to pay money to skip playing the game? Why not charge $100 to go right to the current top CR and just not play the game at all? What a great solution to an utterly non-existent problem.

The only reason I'll start a new alt is when there's a new power. And the entire reason I'd do that is to ENJOY LEVELING UP. So I anticipate using "advance to 100" as many times as I've used "advance to 25": zero.

Which makes this "gift" completely invisible, pointless, and useless to me. It does nothing for me.

I'd rather have socks.

But, yeah, some new players will find skipping ahead desirable, despite the fact that then they miss most of the fun of the game -- getting up to 100 does not involve a lack of content. It's a terrible thing to teach new players though: don't have fun, just pay money! And as a bonus, be completely ignorant of the game and have no idea of mechanics or how your powers work or anything when you start at 100!

Boy, people will surely welcome you clueless newbies into raid groups. That'll be such fun for everyone.

I don't outright oppose this. If it helps the game stay alive and keep the employees paid, it's a good thing.

But that's the only positive I see here.

As a personal reward to players with experience, it stinks. And I have to say that this is a disturbing trend ever since Jackster arrived: we've had all sorts of new rewards and THEY'RE ALL ONLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF NEWBIES.

I entirely appreciate the need to constantly draw in new players and I approve. I just feel that at this point, it's gotten completely one-sided. ALL the rewards and incentives are going to new players. I can't think of what's been done to thank long-time players in the past six months; the Anniversary Event doesn't count; it's open to everyone from level 5 up. (Which is also a terrible decision; no seasonals should allow under-30s in because they simply make finishing impossible as a rule because they're clueless and powerless.)

So: I'm glad maybe the game will get more money. Otherwise I feel like my holiday presents pretty much consist of rocks.
    • Like x 4
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I see Most if not all Groups Demanding/Checking SP b4 going into raids and such
  10. Sooner Well-Known Player

Well, it sure beats a useless style, base item or trinket. I never use those, but this I can use on my other alts that I don't play as much. So, yep, this is the first anniversary gift that's actually useful to me than just being junk.

Yep, I have an old Lil Abner comic strip signed that was given to me in the past. Great gift, but nothing that I could use daily. My inlaws gave me an old cannon ball and civil war era stirrups. I don't "use" them but they are great gifts. So your point?
  11. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I have two! Whoo hoo!:D
  12. Durfal New Player

Though I understand why the seasoned players complain (though some go overboard a bit), I am very pleased by this gift for two of my alts. I played from the very start of the game but stopped playing regularly after Home Turf and only recently came back (as a lifetime member I did check in from time to time though) so had to pick up my main at CR 78 and brought him to CR 144 so far and one alt to CR 119 and another to CR 99. So now I can bring two other alts up to par a bit more.
    So for me it's a big Thank You.
    • Like x 1
  13. Swamarian Committed Player

Well, I'm happy with it. I've got a level 10 character I might mess with now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Oh, another good thing about the gift. Some of us never got all the Traces in Time set :)
  15. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Thanks *VERY* much, Devs for this splendid Anniversary gift! :) It gives me a chance to see higher tier content while still allowing me to play the lower tier missions which I looked forward to when I reached the proper tier but for which I was frustrated by the number of times I wiped-out (not to mention the resulting repair bills).

With this wonderful gift, I was able to play the Gotham University Warehouse mission, enjoy the content (and mental roleplaying), and get Catwoman's Goggles!

*purrs with delight*

HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY, DCUO!
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm really missing having no Anniversary Trinket, or at least a special base item. They accustomed us to expect at least one every year and now, with no warning, our present is: NOTHING.

I love those special trinkets, whether they're talking (the best!) or only just fireworks or cake or something else for play/display. I love those. I waited all year to see what we'd get this year. And... nada.

The posters aren't as good as the trinkets, but at least they're something kinda cool. So this year... a big nothing.

So all my expectations for what I'd hoped for for presents from DC this holiday season: I've gotten a big fat NOTHING. :-(

No trinkets. No base items. Nothing at all for experienced players. Just: zilch. An anniversary event with little point that has to be played with people at level 5 who have no idea how to play and yet it's an 8 player raid. And that's it.

Meh. This is my disappointed face.
  17. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

That must suck man. I guess I got lucky. I got a few R&D and Radar enhancers plus completed the Traces in Time style finally. One of my alts even got leveled up to 1000. So much better that all that useless base crap and dumb talking pets.
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

oh then DCUO will go back to years ago, because that's just how it was and to this day people still ask for CR and SP for the event.
  19. Wildboy Committed Player

So I was in the Anniversary Zone today and noticed a toon with an interesting name and look. Inspected him and thought, "Strange. . . full Traces gear with no mods whatsoever." Then it hit me, "Ah! Used one of those new Electric Koolaid Acic Level Up gizmos."

Then he bounded off and promptly got knocked out by a geriatric Quardian Janitor who was not at all fazed nor impressed by his furious Full Auto assault.

Coming to your Raid group soon!!
    • Like x 3
  20. Grumpy Dedicated Player

This is sad. I don't even know what to say anymore.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.