Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Happy Anniversary, Heroes and Villains!

For six years, you’ve been fighting the good (or bad…) fight on the streets of Gotham City, amid the skyscrapers of Metropolis, and across the DC Universe. In honor of this auspicious occasion, we have a special gift for you!

We’re introducing the Advance to CR100 option into game, and we’re giving everyone one Advance to CR100 for free! And if you’re a member, you’ll get a second one for free!

So, what is Advance to CR100? It works just like Advance to Level 25, which we introduced last year. With this, you can advance a new or existing character to Combat Rating 100. You will be granted appropriate feats and gear, so your character will be ready to play content* in Tier 5 and Tier 6.

What’s Tier 5 and Tier 6 content? Visit our guide!

Playing a new power with your CR100 character? We've got a guide for that too!

Are you ready to experience more advanced adventures in DCUO? Enjoy your Advance to CR100 gift (or gifts, if you’re a member!) beginning on the sixth anniversary, January 11, 2017. Make sure you log in to claim and use yours before the end of the month (January 31, 2017).

Thanks for your heroism…and, we suppose, villainy…over the last six years. Now what are you waiting for? There’s more to be done! Log in to game today.

HOW TO USE YOUR FREE ADVANCE TO CR100:

To advance your character to CR100, you first need to log into game.

Once you’re on Character Selection, choose the character on which you’d like to use advance to CR100. (If you want to use it on a brand new character, skip down a bit for details on that!)

Click the “Advance Character Level” button.

Choose the “Skip to CR100” option. Everyone will have the chance to do this on one character for FREE; members will be able to do it on two characters for FREE.

Do you want MORE characters to Advance to CR100? You can also purchase these from this same Character Information menu once you’ve used up the free one(s).

Want to create a NEW character at CR 100?
    The option to “Skip to CR 100” will be available during the character create process. After you finish customizing your new hero or villain – including giving him or her a name – you’ll be presented with the options to Skip Tutorial, Skip to Level 25 (for Daybreak/Marketplace Cash), Skip to CR 100 (for free if you haven’t used it yet; for cash if you have), or Start Game.

*After Open Episodes end on January 31, 2017, Skip to CR 100 requires access to content through Membership and/or DLC content purchase.
    • Like x 16
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

This is ridiculous. What a joke.
    • Like x 33
  3. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

THANK YOU :D
    • Like x 5
  4. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Thank you! I have a few characters that I'll use this for.
    • Like x 5
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

This is a terrible "gift" I really don't think you guys know what the word means ..... .
    • Like x 11
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Interesting idea. Especially for members that want to create new alts. Is there a expiration time for members and their 2 free CR 100?
    • Like x 1
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

It states above. They need to be claimed by the 31st.
  8. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

What a bunch of ingrates. You know, DB just can't win. If they don't give you belly achers anything, you complain. If they give you something, you complain.

Anyway, this is awesome. Thanks DB, it's actually a huge help.
    • Like x 19
  9. Ringz Dedicated Player

More ice dps dual pistol spammers at endgame you say?? Sign me up !
    • Like x 11
  10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

???????
  11. Caroline Dedicated Player

I used the *Advanced Character Level* button on two of my characters that I never thought I would level up.

Thank you !
    • Like x 9
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You will get no thank you for this from me.

This is the worst Anniversary Gift we've ever gotten.

What an absolute joke. I really can't believe you all thought this was a gift. Good grief.

Yay...now instead of my random alts I tinker with from time to time will be CR100 instead of CR40. Woohoo.
    • Like x 21
  13. Ekart Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. YoungBlood New Player

lovely, been wanting to try out some other powers FINALLY
    • Like x 2
  15. Saladin New Player

Pretty nice indeed. While I get why some are disappointed, it's also pretty nice for those with alts.
    • Like x 5
  16. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Wow...so instead of taking a whole....2 to 3 days to do it you can do it for free...or probably for a price later on down the road. What a waste.
    • Like x 9
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Queue into Lockdown at your peril.
    • Like x 4
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

It is eventually for a price. It states that you need to pay after using up your free skips.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sw33t Well-Known Player

And say welcome to even more CR100 players that know nothing about their chosen role..........
    Con grats everyone!!
    • Like x 12
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

I am amazed. That's all I can say.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.