Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I saw a handy list of what this advancement gives us, but now I need to know what it SKIPS! With the "Skip to Level 25" option, a bunch of content is skipped that CAN'T be replayed, so what situations like that, if any, are we running into if we use this free level up to CR 100?!? :confused:
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Literally every day in life, things are given to some people that other people had to work for. Adults learn to deal with that as a fact of life. They don't throw hissy fits about it. That's what children do.

things change.

Also, maybe, just maybe, people should realize that the makers of this game do not put the same value in feats and skill points that this community does.

but more to the point. People are actualy whining about feats that are now accessible to all of them, regardless. It's not like this is giving a leg up on anybody. Literally everybody playing the game right now can get these feats, without cost(not counting the replays it'll cost to unlock on other characters).

It's a bit hard to have empathy for people when nobody's missing out on anything.

Also, name a feat that someone had to work "hard" for. All of the feats given away are either grindable or easily obtained.

I mean honestly, congratulations on inadvertently hitting 1000 chests by playing content with chests in them over and over. So difficult.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  3. Gimpy Loyal Player

I personally think that's mostly exactly why it was given, a double edged sword with a sharp side and a slightly duller side,,,,,,,

LMs spending RBs to get the "grindy feats" for "free?" yet RBs cost money (except for those who don't use the monthly )

AND THEN,,,,

the F2P players will have "toons far above relevancy and will have to pony up some cash to continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

or leave.
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

Well if these feats are so "easily obtained" why give them out for free?
    Why not let the player get those "grindable" feats?
    I mean you yourself say no one had to work "hard" for them right???

Inadvertently hitting 1000 treasure chest is an impossibility with zero chance of being remotely true,,,,,

treasure chests are not sitting in locations where a player just "accidently" or "inadvertently" hitting one isn't happening.

Treasure chests are hidden in content and are meant to be found on purpose not inadvertently or by mistake.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Its not about difficulty is about effort. An effort you're clearly ok with diminishing.
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

The death of this game is closer than a 2.0 version of it, frankly, the game was never P2W like this, thanks god i'm not playing it a lot like in the past, or i would be complaining like a idiot in this forum, hoping for a better update.
  7. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

lol so true. i had all those annoying hideout feats to accomplish, and those grinders, like 500 solo's and 500 Alerts.. got those out of the way now.
  8. Sooner Well-Known Player

But the same can be said about styles, base items, and trinkets. Those gifts were "available" to everyone but not everyone used them. A gift is given, as the recipient you decide what you want to do with the gift. None of the styles or trinkets fit what my alts are "like" in game so they are useless and therefor not able to be used. This is the same argument that you are proposing about the 100 boost. I know lots of people that love the bday cakes and fireworks, but to me they're useless in terms of playing the game. This gift is actually useful rather than useless.
  9. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I have read multiple post's in the last 24 hours about this gift and I am sickened by all you self entitled players that seem to think that this gift is notgood enough. I for one think it's a fantastic idea and am glad they are giving something back to us that has such high value (even though I have 10 characters, all of which I have recently finished pushing over the CR100 mark)

Getting to CR100 takes a lot of playing hours, so the cost of it as a gift is of high value. Two CR100+ advances to members (for their alts or new characters) gives us an opportunity to either work on new or existing characters in roles, powersets or factions that we previously haven't got to experience as much of, while one for other players gives them an opportunity to catch up a little quicker and enjoy more of the later DLC's rather than just the beta content.

All this talk of fairness is absolutely preposterous... you make it sound as if you have had to grind away so hard for so long to get where you are and that you haven't got any enjoyment from playing the game. If it really feels like work to you, then you've missed the fact that THIS IS A GAME, not real life!!! This whole idea of advancing players to CR100 is to attract other people to start playing the game... and if I really need to point this out to you, more people playing the game keeps it alive for longer. The less people playing means a reduce in manpower on the developers end, less new content / support and eventual server shut down. If you really think that the game will survive purely on you membership fees, then you have rocks in your head.
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

No it's actually not the same argument, it's similar and like I previously mentioned a small portion of community at large, but it's not the same.

If a style or base item or trinket did not tickle your fancy, you ultimately chose to not use it... it also didn't cost you money (after all gifts shouldn't cost money, correct).

My stance is there are some people with max character slots, who have characters over 100 CR, who's only option of doing this would be delete one of their toons (which I know a few did to re roll, but if you already invested replay badges on getting skill points, or gotten particular styles that really isn't feasible) or spending money (thus negating the whole gift in the first place) to buy another character slot.

This gift is useful to you this time around and I'm glad you're happy with it. That does not change that some people can't physically use this gift without doing something "drastic".
    • Like x 4
  11. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Thanks to this gift, I was finally able to get a character to look the way I had always envisioned him to look.

Awhile back, I had created a character based on the one shown below, named "Bird Boy."

[IMG]

But, because the Harpy legs were only available in the Gotham Under Siege briefings, I was forced to play him looking nothing like he was supposed to, which inhibited me from playing him. Now he's got a CR of 101 and looks great! One of my favorite alts will be getting the attention he deserves. Thank you Daybreak!

Now how about a mermaid tail leg style? Animations could be similar to Medusa and would be great to have for the water power set, just saying!

(Also, would it be possible to raise the character slot limit to 36 rather than 32? More money! And would help those that don't have any under 100 slots available to them.)
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yes it is a game but as with an mmo parts of it require dedication and time that's what mmos are like.

Handing out hard earned feats for free diminishes the feat and the players that spent time achieving it.

This leaves players feeling unappreciated and makes their whole effort put in to getting it feel futile.

This isn't about entitlement. It's about them taking from some and gifting to others.

They've taken hard earned feats earned by many and gifted the to others and you expect that not too go down bitterly.

With all the capsules and money gouging going on lately you'd think daybreak may give their players a selfless gift.

But no, no they can't do that instead they release another promotional piece that really has a degree of self serving interesrt as well.

If you don't think this gift isn't targeting new players and new revenue streams at the same time back handing other players then I'm truly sorry you're incapable of seeing it.
    • Like x 4
  13. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I like this gift but it didn't blow me away. Double Daybreak Cash would be better or some funny trinket.
    I don't mind that some folks skip tiers 1-5 because they wouldn't learn anything there anymore since there's usually at least one high CR in a group carrying the whole team so whatever.
    I used it on my 'Water' toon hoping we get some Water power sneak peak soon :) Damn, I can't wait for that power!
    • Like x 1
  14. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Right now your CR differential determines a damage multiplier. So if you are at least 5 CR higher than the mobs your damage is through the roof. So if your gear CR adds up to say 100 and the mob CR is 95 or less, you kill easily. That is going away. CR is just going to be an evaluation of your ability... but they did not say how that works (yet.) So CR is there to stay as a general indicator but CR differential is gone. This means CR has no value in determining damage after the SM change.

Personally, I think this will make it better IF they determine the new CR based on present, weighted stats. So Health and Dominance will make a Tank CR go up more than a Healer CR is what I mean by Weighted. Why present stats is because then your SP and Mods will be accounted for in your CR. not just your gear. That makes FAR more sense because as it stands you can get into a zone based on CR and then DIE in the first AoE because you do not have enough defense, toughness, and/or HP.

Oh, and this free 100 actually cleared up a bunch of little ones I had not been able to do because nobody on the raid/alert was interested. I went to 120. If I manage to get just a little more done, which I am working through things like 99 bottles and Sons of Trigon stuff for, I will be close to 130. Basically, close a lot of the holes in T3 to 5, and do more Legends stuff.

All that was put on hold for the Anniversary Event. I am putting many alts through it for the upgrade drops and Quardian Crystals. I want enough crystals to do ALL the plans and I also want to save enough on the main for that 120 coin collection item! Wheee....

Now if I can just get the corrupted aura to go with my corrupted title, then in DPS mode I will be corrupted and in heal mode I will be amethyst. Hehe.
  15. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Actually, your statement is both true and false. Stats matter and CR go hand in hand. CR is only a determination of what gear you are wearing. Your gear is the main supplier of your stats (Not SP as many people seem to believe). The next biggest supplier of stats would be what mods you have, both gear mods and generator mods. The lowest level of stat determination come from skill points. CR will technically still be king, despite the deferential being gone. This is nothing new though. This is actually how it was before the CR deferential came along.
  16. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

I did not make the term FUD. I just used it. It has been around in that form since 1995 when Gene Amdahl left IBM. In another form it goes back to 1780's Scottish slang, so he might have heard it before...
  17. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Then how is any of what I said false? All I said is that right now CR is determined by gear and gear alone, they have said they are changing this but not defined how, and they have said they are getting rid of the differential but nor CR. They have not said if they are going to o CR from stats, gear, or what (that I have seen) but did put out that CR is changing as they reballance things. All of these are things you can get out of the video chat they did. The other things that I said are my speculation I put as "I think" etc. So... what is false?
  18. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I'm sorry. I stated one side but not the other side. Right now damage is not, contrary to popular belief, determined by only CR. Stats do matter right now, just not nearly enough. Side by side a DPS with no mods and no sp will be out performed by a DPS of the same power and CR with all modded gear and even just enough SP to give them crits and the might or precision boost.
  19. Lord Unsemont Level 30

YES! THANK YOU!
  20. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

They are hardly "hard earned feats". Most of us have achieved them over time purely by playing the game, and once achieved on 1 character are easily unlocked with replay badges on other characters.

I agree with you on the time capsules (you and I have both voiced this recently) as the economy of them is not justified, but this is an unrelated issue that I don't wish to explore on this thread.

If you have capped the amount of characters on you account then that is on you, but I really do see the benefit of a CR100 advance for new and old players alike. If you are incapable of seeing that my friend, then I too am sorry.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.