A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Oh, another thing worth noting is that the first 3 aftershocks of Jackhammer and Upheaval no longer cost power, so that's a big damage efficiency gain for those.
    • Like x 1
  2. savageprime New Player

Isnt there already a earth guide. ..something about get your 4ocks off? Wouldnt it be more beneficial to update that one?
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

The author left the game, and honestly, a lot was changed. Plans are to have this new guide include more information, like base damages, cast times, and power costs.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain Domino Committed Player

Any good melee/range DPS loadouts for T5/T6 content?
  5. Prodigy_Deity New Player

I was using the same rotation in both set ups. Healer left to get a crystal in the last room of divided and got killed by circes attack. by that time group wiped so i put brick in place of crystal. And everything died 2x as fast.

Thou after that run i tinkered with my loadout and must say im in love. Using pebble blast, upheaval, fortify golem, debris field, crystal and reinforce. Must say i love it once again. tried out jack hammer, but to me i seem to see more damage from upheaval. Difference is cone vs aoe.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

the only worthwhile loadout i am seeing for pve damage is crystal, fortify golem, reinforce, debris field, rumble crush, and a super charge, im using entomb. if you really wanted to use totem instead of the SC, i could see that too. and weapon mastery combo the crap out of everything.
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

i havent played with brick yet, but i wanted to see if i could tank completely damage specced, and just keep brick powered and let him go to town. not sure if he taunts enemies to him or if he just attacks though.

aftershock tanking is ridiculously awesome now. with soothing hands and the shield mod for gemshield, there is no reason you should ever die.

no complaints on the tank side, but then again, we barely had any before.
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

9. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Striking sones got a hand clap animation!!!!

Geo tree is certainly the way to go in terms of dps

So far I'm running rumble crush, meteor shower, striking stones, debris field, totem, reinforce.
    I am doing more dmg than before and have figured out a way to keep a constant 45-50% modifier up even using striking stones with my rotation :D

Btw tanking is awesome. Striking stones still needs to me moved and hit a tad harder doe
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So they did listen, even though they did not acknowledge it. Pretty cool.

My DPS loadout currently:
    PB, Crystal, FG, Totem, Reinforce and Entomb. I also have Upheaval specced, possibly for raids.

Aftershock/Battle tank (this is a test loadout)
    Epicenter, Jacks, GS, Soothing Sands, Unstoppable, Crystal

Pet tank (and my PVP build)
    Low Pressure, GS, Soothing Sands, Totem, FG, Brick, with Reinforce specced and the DPS innates.

I feel like I have so many PP to use now that I can definitely change up builds rather easily. I forgot to write down Spytle's build. It was something like my pet tank build but he had Epicenter.
  11. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

I posted this in one of the other earth threads earlier today.

Well I tested all the base dmg numbers and it's all pretty much the same. Rumble crush is definitely far superior to everything else because of the 50% modifier and the 4 additional ticks that come along with it. I really dont think striking stones or shards are even worth using at this point.

Other than the buff to crystal everything is pretty much exactly the same on the dps side. Kind of disappointing, but I guess the changes to the tanking aspect make up for it.

Current loadout:
    Debris field
    Reinforce
    Neo venom boost
    Rumble crush
    Fortify golem
    Crystal

Very good results so far.
  12. Clutch_GT New Player

Alright so after running TD a bunch of times testing things out I've come to a few conclusions

Overall Earth tanking is better and easier to use so for new Earth users it's pretty easy to jump in and go. Set ups are more situational though with the buff to JH running Brick in PvE is kind of redundant however Brick is still solid for PvP even while debuffed you can still transfer some damage to Brick also note while debuffed Soothing Sands will not heal you you can still breakout/cleanse allies though. One thing I noticed with Crystal in Tank stance with PvE tank gear she hits like a pillow so I'm going to say she scales off of our stats (I did notice she was extremely tanky while wearing full tank gear).

I'll double check tomorrow running full DPS gear in Tank stance to see if her damage changes as I'm not 100% sure how she scales atm if she does scale with our stats she is going to be pretty worthwhile for PvP for the free passive burst damage.

For the damage side of things I only ran AnB and TD so I really didn't get a chance to test everything I would like to.
    For AnB/TD I ran Robot Sidekick, Debris Field, Rumble Crush, Striking Stones, Entomb, & Reinforce overall I was quite surprised with the results and power efficiency. -/> = Clip
    Basically rotation from range with 1H was Focus Blast -> Solar Flame WM (FBSFWM) Rumble Crush (RC) -/> Reinforce -> Debris Field (DF) -> FBSFWM -> Striking Stones (SS) -> FBSFWM -> RC -/> Consumable -> FBSFWM -> SS -> FBSFWM -> RC -/> Reinforce -> loop
    It's more of a burst build with passive DoT from Robot Sidekick + Debris Field + the occasional Entomb with Supply Drop chucked in to boost it.

I would like to run Crystal with Fortified Golem but WM on live is just too good to pass up for our "awesome mechanic" for now...

The one thing that really blew my mind was Entomb with a supply drop + CC trinket I hit for 13-18K average with full Vestment gear (3805M 2004P)...pretty nuts on the flipside I've also had it hit for 300 >.> so still a pretty wide range of damage with it. I'll fiddle around with the Seismic Tree tomorrow and compare the two but I'm a bit more slanted towards the Geo tree atm though. I'm really enjoying Striking Stones right now just wish it was a 45% modifier.

Oh before I forget Striking Stones animation = OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP super fast transition from power -> back to combo.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

Reinforce was never 10%, it has always been 7% crit chance and crit ability chance.
    • Like x 4
  14. Clutch_GT New Player

As Remander said Big has left the game so my intentions is to keep it going but to be a bit more detail with base damages/animation times proper DPS rotations that are timed for max DPS etc
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I like Entomb as well. I thought I saw a 300 hit on splash damage but thought it could have been due to an NPC blocking.
  16. Forced Penance New Player

If this is going to be an effectively "new" guide, I would start with pictures of the new power trees and give power descriptions, numbers, and experienced opinions for each power.
  17. Clutch_GT New Player

It's being added slowly I'm still trying to figure out how to record videos on PS4 and copy/paste Screenshots from it. More than likely it will probably need to be transferred by thumb drive. Still a bit lost on the video recording it seems very limiting :(
  18. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

I reread the update notes and not sure if im missing something but we dont get double ticks on DF anymore or is this just a bug on my end??
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

they changed debris field, shards, striking stones, and localized tremor to do more damage on activation instead of the extra tick when a pi is being used. this means a higher possible crit from the use of these powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

Ahhh ok thank you I kind of figured that's what it was but had to make sure
    • Like x 1