A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Not an optimal loadout, but I'm a aftershock kinda guy.

Upheaval
    Pebble blast
    Debris field
    Reinforce
    Jackhammer
    Meteor shower

WM combo pebble blast - reinforce
    WM combo jackhammers x3-5, debris field
    WM combo upheaval x3

Use the supercharge after reinforce for the 50 modifier

Rinse and repeat trinket as you see fit, it's nit going to top dog a raid but I'm enjoying the heck out of it currently. It's
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

Oh yeah, I'm already working off another loadout now. The one sage posted earlier is nasty. It will also be interesting to see how much the changes to the damage buff powers, reinforce for us, will change how we look at modding and loadouts.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

About to try aftershock tanking Survival Mode. :eek:
    • Like x 3
  4. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Are the rumors true that reinforce will be a 15% buff gu38? :O
  5. Clutch_GT New Player

Ah thanks for pointing that out Penance I just updated that.
  6. Prodigy_Deity New Player

My current pet tanking loadout is: grip, epicenter, gem, soothing sand, brick fortify golem. It actually works just fine ATM. Haven't really needed totem since the update but will continue to see with more runs.
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Created my Earth Tank and im t2 already.

Loadout

Jackhammer
    Epicenter
    Gemstone Shield
    Earthen Grip
    soothing sands
    Envelope

Too bland? Too meh?

I was thinking about using

Totem
    Epicenter
    Brick
    Hardlight Shield
    Soothing Sands
    Unstoppable/Reinforce
  8. Small Villain New Player

Can't wait for next week when my exams are finish.Earth is going to be a fun power.I'm surprised not much loadouts out yet i'm trying to refrain from using pets for dps stance.
    I saw ORBIT on test server and he was doing good damage without crystal so idk.
  9. Forced Penance New Player

Your second loadout is close to the pet tank loadout I run. I use Fortify golem instead of Unstoppable/Reinforce to keep brick buffed and powered. I also prefer gemstone to hardlight when I am only using one shield.
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I see. Hmm i assume your loadout is wsy more efficient though. Ok.. ill try that to keep brick buffed.
    Im also thinking of doing Earth DPS
  11. Forced Penance New Player

a buffed/powered brick is a happy brick, plus Fortify golem is a great power to toss out constantly to keep your dA rolling.

All this aside, I usually only play brick through hallway/crawl type areas and soloing/duos. 8man and harder alerts I tend to favor a JH loadout for now...
    • Like x 1
  12. Azrael New Player

Powers
    Earth
    • Rumblecrush - reduced the duration the animation plays.
    • Striking Stones - now uses a different animation.
    • Shards and Striking Stones - fixed an issue with their tooltips.
    • Pebble Blast - Improved the tooltip description to better convey that it applies the Dazed power interaction in an area of effect.

I wonder what the new striking stones animation will be. I like the way it is now
    • Like x 2
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

Where did this come from?
  14. Azrael New Player

tomorrow's hotfix in Update Notes
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

Dang you are quick. Yeah I just saw it. Thanks
    • Like x 1
  16. Clutch_GT New Player

The thing about Earth tanking that I tell everyone is that it's unique because you can have two way of tanking with it pet vs aftershocks. You pick one mechanic and then you have 5 other powers that you can choose to use so it's very customizable. So with that being said it's going to come down to personal preference and what you feel works for you eventually you'll fine tweak it to fit your needs to cover up any weaknesses that you feel.

But overall either loadout works fine the only thing I would suggest for your second build is some form of CC because Totem is a stationary power and has a lengthy cooldown if your set on keeping Totem you can try out consumables for CC the chronometric emmitters are a very potent stun/levitate, formula of crushing is a knockback, dazing device stuns in PbAoE.

My current end game loadout that I run is JH GSS Epicenter eGrip Reinforce Soothing Sands. So I have my buff/juggle which is JH I have an oopsy button if I get countered or knocked down with GSS & Soothing Sands 2 pulls and a utility buff which is Reinforce. A fun loadout I use on occasion is JH, battarangs/throwing knives/gag glove, backflip, epicenter, entomb, reinforce it's more of a "troll the npc build" but it's fun.

Hey Green, at the current end game of DC a mixed build can work just fine but it's a bit redundant Brick James is pretty much Super Brick now nothing really posses a threat to Brick atm aside from WW deflection attack in TD. I can say that in the future it may be an option we go back to but that all depends on future bosses damage output and whether or not they add splash damage.

At the end of the day as I told Supreme Monarch it's going to come down to preference and what you feel works best for your style of tanking just keep in mind aftershock tanking gives you a great reward if you aftershock but Brick is still safe to use if you aren't comfortable/micromanage with an aftershock build.
    • Like x 3
  17. FelixDuo Committed Player

I wonder the same thing. They already changed it to the hand clap, which I like very much. That was a pleasant surprise. Now I'm curious what they intend to do with it.

Also, what is that picture of TECH AZRAEL from? Do you have a bigger version? Sorry, weird and specific question, I know.
  18. Azrael New Player

http://elwiki.net/w/Deadly_Chaser
    • Like x 1
  19. FelixDuo Committed Player

• Like x 1
  20. Lacedog Loyal Player

they've done similar things before, changing it on live first, then announcing it in a fix for later. lets hope thats the case, as it is awesome now. also RC hopefully will be fast and sweet too.

as far as reinforce being changed, its for the better overall. not for earth necessary, but for the game and precision vs might. we got pretty good changes in our update, that wont break us.
    • Like x 3