A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Owl Devoted Player

Gemstone Shield grants 50% Damage Absorption on the initial cast. The Absorption amount increases with each Aftershock.
    Gemstone Shield with 3 Aftershocks grants 100% Damage Absorption preventing damage up to Dominance + Restoration.
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

It is not the same absorption as jackhammer though. That's what always gets confused.
    • Like x 5
  3. RemyRockstar New Player

Yeah, we were trying to get it changed for GU37 but it never happened.

Also, I will also be posting my findings here after I get home today from work. I will test some dps loadouts as well against a rage league mate and see how well Earth does.

I will run a crystal, dazed and crushed loadout and see the difference.
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

i would of hated if they changed gemstone shield. it works fine for what its supposed to be used for. 13igtyme was the first i saw to explain it clearly, i thought, for how it worked compared to aftershock tanking. ill find it and bring it on over.
  5. Radium Devoted Player

A Rock Solid Guide to Everything Earth

You're welcome.

Good luck Sage.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

no idea why i cant make it one quote, but there is is. do with it what you will. i will of course be trying out things once the servers go back up and am willing to help out with anyone who is testing things out on the hero usps server.
  8. RemyRockstar New Player

Yeah I didn't see a need to change it to add any additional benefits after they added the extended benefits to after shocking jackhammer.
  9. blklightning New Player

I was thinking a title like:
    "Getting Stoned - An Earth Guide"
    xD
    • Like x 7
  10. blklightning New Player

Using the word "absorption" in this regard is not a good idea.

Unless documented otherwise, GS grants 25% damage absorption on cast, simply because it's a super power used in tank stance. The initial cast also grants a 50% shield until damage = dom+resto has been absorbed. Aftershocks further to strengthen the shield (shorten its duration).

Because "absorption" has been used interchangeably, many people have been under the impression that GS can be used as an aftershock mechanic in absorption tanking. Let's try to not let this misuse of the word move forward.
    • Like x 2
  11. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

yeh i thought of others...but terraforming is earth shaping so i rolled with that.

I think I Sharded Myself Guide to Earth.
    Another Brick in the Wall - Earth Guide

I could write your guide & know nothing about the powerset..lol
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Almost all of earth powers have been nerfed. I was doing way more damage than i'm doing now
  13. RemyRockstar New Player

That's a pretty bold statement without actual facts and numbers to back it up. From what I saw on test Earth definitely hasn't been nerfed.

I will do some dps runs and testing myself here in the next few days and provide my input.
    • Like x 1
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Pebble blast, Localized terror, and tectonic break have been nerfed. In fact all the powers that don't get the extra tick of damage that it use to get has been nerfed. Reinforced was nerfed too, instead of the 10% crit it is now 7%. Rumble crush and totem got a buff, maybe shards too. Overall I give this revamp a f dps wise. Tank prolly a lot better but the dps has dropped for me
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Leave it to you to come up with that one. ;)
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

The extra ticks from all of the PIs were simply rolled over into the regular damage, so it's a zero net. Upheaval now benefits from the Dazed PI and hits quite hard. RC now properly scales with might, so that's a big boost. You now need Reinforce and Totem for the full 10% crit buff. Not optimal, but it's fine. Also get the 45% precision buff with Reinforce, and that can be kept up constantly.
    • Like x 3
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

When I use to use Localized tremor with the pi 1st tick 2000-2500 2nd 600-1500, with the new PI I haven't seen 1 3k crit. Upheaval is to slow to be put in my loadout with wm. I haven't seen a 3k crit with RC either, but I never used so I don't know if that been tampered with. Reinforce was always able to be up constantly, they nerfed it from 10% to 7%. This revamp overall(dps) is a letdown
  18. Prodigy_Deity New Player

Just did a run in divided. I did more damage brick out instead of crystal. Maybe it is just my own personal style. Give pets power isn't what I'm use to but would like to see others results.
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Were you using the WM buff? It doesn't work with Crystal out.
  20. blklightning New Player

Why, I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm trying to find a beach towel that looks like a chocolate bar, for the social event. LOL
    • Like x 1