A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's subjective to the situation and how people play. Not everyone plays the same. I will happily battle heal JFA, but if we step foot in USR that's when I kind of reached my "ok, it's not safe to do it here" line because of how close you need to get, which isn't safe especially for the healer. A ranged spammer would remedy this, hate or love it, it's a fix and battle healing would be possible everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

We have our own damage/heals that if the penalty were removed would be fine. I think the focus should be on getting the damage penalty removed or reduced not looking at stuff like this. Celestial was marketed for battle healing and should be more than capable.

Using that type of comparison isn't really a fair one either. I have to think of the content before I decide whether to battle tank or full tank so why shouldn't any other role? Adding new heals to an already dynamic powerset would be stupid. The stuff we already have is just fine, it just needs to be sorted properly (damage penalty/heal strength).
    • Like x 4
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Because the view of battle healing has changed since celestial was first released, obviously tanks have it easier then healers do, so yes you're right. I can't walk into any raid with the confidence of battle healing because of how close you need to be, that's not something removing the damage penalty or increasing HoT strength across all powers would fix, cause you'll be dead if it's a raid like USR, or elite.
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You can keep ranged in raids like that as a healer. If you expect me to sympathize that you have to think about the content you battle role in you apparently forgot this is me you're talking to lol. :p I have to think about everything before I battle tank like the content, my gear/mods, etc. and decide if battle tanking is appropriate. All battle roles should have to think before they battle role. Celestial's battle healing should be fixed as well as pure healing because hopefully content won't stay a joke like it is currently. If content damage changes and when SM drops is when people will really see what's going on with the state of healing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like we were just discussing elsewhere, people will run two heals for SM, so they won;t see the same healing issues that you see, they'll just tell you either "it's SM, it's supposed to be hard" or "just bring a second healer and stop trying to solo heal hard content" like they do now, which is also why the devs will not budge on their view point of how strong heals are.

When I can effectively battle heal everywhere, without having to worry about getting face planted into the ground because I'm too close, then I'll shut up lol.
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

That's ridiculous Fatal lol. You should have to think and worry if you go trying to battle heal in certain content. I don't see why you think battle healers should get a free pass on that when battle trolls and tanks don't get that. In regards to SM tho it will matter what healing powers are brought. I don't think you'll see too many groups running 2 Celestial healers unless they just have a hate boner for the trolls lol. Probably won't be really easy to find 2 who can competently heal SM these days either with how much Celestial numbers have dropped via census for end game.

We may just have to agree to disagree on this one lol. I think the last thing Celestial needs is 100 spammer.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's the reasoning why it can't be done, I already have to worry about whether the troll can keep my PFtT rotation going, having to worry about range too is just a ridiculous add-on. I'm modded resto/power and still won;t battle heal in content with one troll because thre's a good chance they won't keep me up. Hate to say this but, a 100 spammer would fix that lol.

As we both know, you won't let up and im stubborn so yes call it a draw and go back to our lives.
    • Like x 1
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Agreed, we can continue this in texts :p

100 spammer solves nothing tho lol

I'm just as stubborn as you ;)
  9. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Just to chime in a bit on the debate, battle healing across the board needs help. a Tsunami strikes like move would be an improvement but more like buying a new car to fix a flat tire. Its a band aid fix that is just trying to cover up problems without fixing them.
    • Like x 1
  10. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Sooooo there was a head mod pre revamp for critical dark pact. Which is now sacred light, so far celestial is the only power that ive seen that has a critical buff headmod that isnt a weapon buff
    • Like x 2
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure there was an Anoint head mod. Don't hold me to that though lol. I main heal, so I put CI in head mod for dps.
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Agreed, I'm not in to band-aids either.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Good luck getting an overall healing buff is all I'm gonna say lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You wanna do this again lol? That's all I'm gonna say :p
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't have to do anything, I'm not the one that needs to persaude the development team lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's actually very interesting, they probably just changed dark pact into sacred light instead of making a whole new power considering they both have the same icon, thanks for the info.
    • Like x 2
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Actually you do have something to do...Check your messages..That's what you have to do lol.

On the actual topic you know I won't let it rest until something positive happens ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In a little, I'm driving at the moment lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Omg stop typing on the forums while you drive!!! wtaf lol?!?!?!
  20. McShotzz Well-Known Player

there is both annoint and sacred light
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.