A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

#MakeMcBGreatAgain
    • Like x 1
  2. McShotzz Well-Known Player

What loadout you use for dots? Ive been messing around with CS PcDL DLcP CI and HcS for that.
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nah when things get hectic I panic and everyone dies lol
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Almost the same as what Fatal provided in the guide lol. I use CScWoTP, DLcP, AcB, RcW, PcDL, CI but not in that order lol.
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Number one rule of healing > don't panic lol. If you can main tank and not panic, I know you can main heal and not panic lol. I think you just need to get your feet good and wet and you'd be great! :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Oh **** the DPS are getting one shot from reflect, quick clip all my powers together!

"no heal man wtf noob healer"
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

DPS- *gets one shot on skull attack*
    DPS- "Heals???"
    Healer- -.-

LOL!
    • Like x 1
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

"A vote to kick has be-" Oh wait I already kicked someone 20 minutes ago...
    • Like x 2
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll be uploading a battle heal video sometime tomorrow, it was actually a battle role comp between healer, troll, and tank (healer came last, stupid penalty :( ) but yeah, it was fun.
    • Like x 2
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You better be glad my tank was only 192...Js :p

It really is a shame to see Celest at the bottom like that...Power made for battle healing and completely stripped of that quality with damage penalty after another.. :(

#RemoveDamagePenaltyInHealerRole
    • Like x 2
  11. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Are you able to stack DL DoTs? For some reason I thought they would overwrite in pre-revamp times, so I wouldn't use PcDL and DLcP at the same time. But I might have only tested PcDL and DL, not the DLcP combo. Thanks.
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

They do stack, check them again :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Streven Dedicated Player

What do you guys think of having a Tsunami Strikes style combo move added to Celestial? Seems like the type of heal celestial players would dig. Low cost spammable priority heal combo.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's definitely something I would eat up, the penalty would still upset me but I enjoy healing and doing damage so right up my ally, although WoTPcCS is kind of similar to that, spammable and heals, but we have nothing for ranged combos that do it.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Kind of late but as promised:
    • Like x 1
  16. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

No I wouldn't like having anything like that in the Celestial healing kit. I will refrain from sharing my feelings on Water because I'm well aware I'm picky lol. The main thing is healing isn't about spamming and it shouldn't be. Healing with Celestial should be strategic, it should be about setting up proper HoTs to mitigate damage and having the necessary reflexes/reaction timing to apply burst when needed and having the skillset to know when that is. It should be about knowing your power and when to reapply HoTs to maintain the damage mitigation and knowing which bursts will be most beneficial so spam doesn't happen.

The only thing that really needs to happen for Celestial healing is a substantial increase to most of the HoTs. If that happened the power cost/consumption issue could be controlled. HoTs are very much under-performing compared to the HP of the other roles in the group. That's the first and foremost issue that should be addressed.

I don't want a cheap spammer, and I don't want a Tsunami Strikes style combo anywhere near my powerset.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Are you speaking more from your hate of water? Or from your pure healing perspective? Cause as a battle healer I wouldn't mind it lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I don't hate Water lol. I speak from my passion as a pure healer, and tbh you shouldn't want it either. Celestial has everything it needs to be a proper battle healer. The problem is the damage penalty, crappy HoTs, and power cost when it comes to battle healing. If the damage penalty was removed and HoTs were buffed you would be able to battle heal a lot easier. We don't anything like that in the Celestial healing kit.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Keep in mind we still can't really battle heal with cele from ranged, everything is midrange to melee, so a ranged combo that heals would help fill that gap (don't get me started on the piece of crap that's PcDL), hence why I wouldn't mind it. Yes I can see your point, but it won't kill to maybe turn RcW into a damage-heal or add a new combo for that, would just give us more options for those that like to engage in damage as well.
    • Like x 2
  20. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Celestial did just fine battle healing before Water was ever a thing. If the HoTs were buffed up properly and damage penalty removed you would be able to put in some damage moves just like prior to revamp. I don't think any of this is necessary, and there has been way too many people looking for a "100 spammer" for pure healing which is absolutely unnecessary.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.