A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

No, you use the numbers you get from the percentages to plug into the healing formulas. You have a base heal formula and a critical heal formula. For example if I have 13,000 Restoration then 3900 is the base heal multiplier for Restoration. If you have 3000 Dominance then 750 is base heal multiplier for your Dominance. After knowing that you can then plug those numbers (3900,750) into your healing formula along with some other factors to calculate the base heal or the critical heal.

I suck at trying to explain this in a text so feel free to ask more questions, and I'll try to explain it better if that wasn't clear enough. :)

I have used the base heal formula here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...estial-post-stats-revamp.289905/#post-4008077 to calculate the base heals for each of Celestial's HoTs and Bursts.
  2. Tallion Well-Known Player

So, then 4650 would be your base heal in this case.. or did i do it wrong? I think i did it wrong lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tallion Well-Known Player

Edit: Accidental reply to my own msg... I'm tired o_O
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Yea, you did it wrong lol. Give me a little bit to wake up and get some coffee in me, and I'll do one for you to show you. That's the only way I might be able to explain it better than I have lol.
  5. Tallion Well-Known Player

No problem. I basically just took 30% from 13000 resto (3900) and 25% from 3000 dom (750) Then i combined them. Not sure if i was meant to do that in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Yes and no.

The percentages are used to plug in equations to determine base heals, crit heals, etc.

For example-
    The base heal equation is:
    BH= RH / (1+HB) / (1+HR) / (1+RV) (100x3)

So what you would do is get a non crit heal to use in your equation for the regular heal. You'll also need to calculate your 30% resto 25% dom to plug in that equation.

Ok so new example using the equation listed above. My Restoration is 13,136 and my Dominance is 1,996. That gives me 3940.8 for my Restoration and 499 for Dominance. I grabbed a quick HoT number off AcB to use in this example which is 1,368 (non crit). Now to plug all this in the equation.

BH= 1368/(1+.65)/(1+1)/(1+4,439.8)(100x3)
    BH= 1368/1.65/2/4440.8x300
    BH= 28.00>28

In short the base heal for Cleansed Blight (HoT) is 28.

The percentages are only there for plugging into these different equations to calculate base heals for the bursts and HoTs, or calculating critical heals using a different equation.

The shield formula and percentages is an entirely different ball game which won't be using the 30% and 25%. It's a different percentage and equation entirely to calculating shield strength.

I hope this helped. If it didn't I can try to break it down further. :)
  7. Tallion Well-Known Player

Could you explain the abbreviations for RH, HB, HR and RV? I think that might clear things up alot for me.
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

RH- Regular Heal- which will be your non crit heal number you choose from your combat log. Burst and HoT have to be done separately.

HB- Healing bonus> 65%

HR- Heal Received> 1

RV- Resto, Vit, or Dom> In calculating base numbers you only use Resto and Dom percentages.

So for the example I gave earlier the regular heal (RH) was 1368. My Resto 30%= 3940.8 My Dom 25%= 499 added together 3940.8 (RV).

BH= RH / (1+HB) / (1+HR) / (1+RV) (100x3)

BH= 1368/(1+.65)/(1+1)/ (1+3940.8)(100x3)

That's how it looks once you plug in the values that I stated previously. Then all you have to do is solve it. Don't round the decimals you get until you completely finish the equation or it skews your results.

Did that clear it up?
  9. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Nicely done on the guide. I was glad to finally see a guide that promoted superpowered healing for once. I took notes. Going to try to see how what I had was fairing vs what I found here.
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

hows celes healing / DPSing under the glorious revamp?
    • Like x 1
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I can always make Cele work ;)
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

any good suggestions on healing loadouts?

EDIT:

this ^ I mean straight healing as well :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You went Celest????? o_O
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no, planning on going healer so Im weighing options :D
    • Like x 2
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

If you want easy healing mode don't go Cele. I have to jump through many hoops to maintain, but I can help you out if you decide it's what you wanna do. :D
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well Im still looking at videos and such trying to see if the gameplay ect is going to be for me with the revamp in place.

I know before the revamp I could heal just fine with celes, now? idk lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Cele is extremely power hungry in healer role so you have to play it wisely. You also need to do a few of the power suggestions I mentioned in the guide to help yourself out with power pool. Loadout is still basically the same as pre-revamp depending on your play style. You can change out DL for GL now if you want. I personally stick with DL for the burst since the PI is gone and the HoT on it is trash lol. Outside of that just use CS, AcB, Renew, Blessing, and your choice of SC (I use CG still). You can also use WoTPcCS in place of one of those if you like. Just don't replace AcB, that's the best HoT we have that isn't situational.
    • Like x 2
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're going back cele?? Bout time.
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

ye
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.