A comparison of all weapons in DCUO (Weapon Mastery edition)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by shiny mackerel, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

He didn't really do PvE from what I know, so it wouldn't be surprising if the horrid state of PvP chased off such a great addition to the community.
  2. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I agree. Such a surprise he did so much for the community while not doing any end game material. I'm glad I never faced him in PvP, I would've been torn up ...well, more so than I already have.

I noticed we already lost The Enquierer, this would be another big loss for the Oracle forum. Lets just hope he's on vacation :)
  3. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Updated for GU51. I just copied the patch notes and added the exact % damage increase.

Weapons
    • A Small increase has been made to the damage of the following combos bringing them in line with the Haymaker combo:
      • DW Dual Flurry 6-tap: +49%
      • DW Dual Flurry 7-tap: +59%
      • DW Dual Flurry 8-tap: +55%
      • 1H Flip Slash: +42%
      • Shield Handspring Kick: +40%
      • Shield Handspring Kick (combo'd): +11%
      • Staff Downward Smash: +37%
      • MA Smoke Bomb: +41%
    • Tuned the damage for the following weapon attacks increasing their damage slightly:
      • DP Full Auto (not full SC): +2.3%
      • DP Full Auto (full SC): no change
      • HB Scissor Kick: +8.3%
      • Rifle Mortar: +13%
      • Shield Two Footed Slam: +98%
      • Shield Two Footed Slam (combo'd): no change
      • Shield Shield Uppercut: +91%
      • Shield Shield Uppercut (combo'd): no change
    Here are the new DPS numbers for each combo. I added in Haymaker too for comparison.
    [IMG]

Looks like the big winner was Shield, though the other combos got ridiculous buffs as well.

and sorry for the late update. I did go on vacation but when I came back, I just didn't feel like doing anything. My promo rate legendary sub also got removed for no reason and I'm not paying full price again just for occasional test server access. This thread will still get updated though, as long as I can test on live. And legends too, until I run out of SOE cash credit coins. But I already had to drop 500 cash on the Shield weapon ;p
    • Like x 11
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Nice to see you back, shiny. ;)
  5. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Shiny, you deserve free access to test server. How are you not employed by daybreak yet? :p
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Nice to have you around again, man!
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Ahh, classic DBG :D
  8. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Please dont scare me, Shiny. I thought you were gone forever
  9. ProjectAlpha New Player

The Dual Wield Double Throw to Exploding Shot mastery seems to be behaving strangely on Live.
    It always does the exact same damage, with no variance. Normally each weapon attack does a range of damage. Here, the first hit does vary, but the WM hit does not.
    This was tested on a 126 Base dummy at CR about 143.

Damage Modifier (with max damage), Precision etc. change the damage and it can still crit to give higher crit damage.
    But for a given CR, Precsion and Modifier stat it always hits the exact same, unless it crits.
  10. L T Devoted Player

Here's hoping you still read these forums, and here's hoping even more that you'll re-do this when the big weapons update actually comes to pass!
    • Like x 3
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Shiny, if you're still around, if you could update the links to forums.daybreakgames.com from forums.station.sony.com ... should be a quick find-and-replace if you're still here.
    • Like x 2
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thanks for the update, Shiny!
    It looks like you also updated this
    Legends PvP Character Stats and Power Descriptions
    ... which was going to be my next ask. So thanks for that, too.

I know this one is defunct, but I really like the advice it gives for how to use each power:
    Legends PvP guide- Your Favorite Character(s)
    ... if nothing else, you should probably at least update the redirect at the top.
    • Like x 1