A comparison of all weapons in DCUO (Weapon Mastery edition)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by shiny mackerel, Jun 29, 2014.

1. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Check your combat tab. each move has a unique name and any WM move will end in "... Mastery". the names of moves in game correspond directly to the names of the moves in my tables. if the combo doesn't have a WM version, unlocking WM won't change it at all.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I see what you mean. Thanks for the graphs and tables!
  3. shiny mackerel Committed Player

The hotfix this morning did correct all the lunges at less than full SC (1H, 2H, MA, Staff, HB) and also Brawling's Backfist.
    The other moves are still unbuffed (MA shuriken storm, HB charged blast, Shield overhand throw).

The lunges got the standard 65% buff while Backfist got a pretty high +116% damage buff, making it pretty strong for a medium length combo. Most of 2H's combos, including Arrow Storm Mastery, are now a little bit better from the lunge fix. I updated the pics and also the interactive table of combos.

I'm guessing they can't really fix shuriken storm, charged blast, and overhand throw without doing a bit more complicated work because of some bad design decisions to begin with. maybe it's for the better for charged blast at least, as the HB ranged combos would be super op otherwise.

also they somehow managed to mix up and swap MA's Axe Kick combos at full/not-full SC in what should've been a simple fix. MA's Axe Kick now does more damage when not at full SC and does less damage when at full SC. Idk how this happens so often because there are 2 other moves like this. i'm betting that this is the same butter-fingered dev that did the old 1H focused blast.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Shiny, have you brought this to the attention of the Dev team?
  5. shiny mackerel Committed Player

They hotfixed only the lunges after I posted in the developer discussion thread so I'm pretty sure they know about the other combos not being buffed. The MA axe kick isn't a big deal but I can make a post about it in there.
    • Like x 2
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Shiny do you know the new base number for Scissor Kick? They apparently updated it in GU49.
  7. shiny mackerel Committed Player

No change from the one in my guide. At GU47, Scissor Kick had a 90% damage buff. Sometime later (no idea when) it seemed to have mysteriously gotten another 90% damage buff, for a 180% total increase in damage. so Scissor Kick on live is actually doing around 50% more than it should be. the patch on test just brought it back to how it was in GU47. overall you should see a 30% drop in total combo damage, but I mean it's still a decent combo.
    • Like x 3
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah I didn't notice too much of a decrease in my parses. There was a decrease but nothing to cry about, really. I'm happy I can continue to use it to fit my character theme.
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

One question, weapon mastery will always be there? I enjoy weapon mastery with my fire power but I see people saying about AM here to replace WM. I like AM but also WM and to switch between them depending on the situation. I'll try fire AM but in solo I want to use weapon mastery fire. Just be sure the devs don't make WM useless after their update 49. Right? I hope they won't delete WM.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Shouldn't Staff>Mortar Mastery be divided? Doesn't Enhanced Focus Spin and Full Supercharge affect it?
  11. shiny mackerel Committed Player

nope, Focused Spin Mastery isn't affected at all by supercharge or Enhanced Focused Spin.
  12. Chase TheForsaken New Player

So hammer throw mastery / (full sc) does basically the same damage as regular hammer throw.
    Yet hammer throw (full sc) does more damage than both???
    That seems broken. If anything hammer throw mastery full SC should be doing more damage than both.
    • Like x 1
  13. L T Devoted Player

Anyone want to take a guess at why the numbers for staff are so bad?
  14. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Updated for GU49, which was pretty much just this:
    which means that these moves now always hit for 2x total damage on 2+ targets, rather than 1.2x total damage on 2 targets or 1.4x total damage on 3 targets.

In additional to melee taps, this also affected and fixed:
    • DW Ground Pound Mastery
    • DW Launching Uppercut Mastery
    • Bow Arrow Fling
    • Brawling Backfist
    • Brawling Launching Uppercut
    • HB Power Discharge
    • Shield Shield Uppercut
    About half the weapon combos in the game got buffed for multi-target, with buffs ranging from as low as +2% to as high as +67% (on 2 targets). Overall, these combos were buffed by an average of 15-20% on multi-targets, which is fairly significant.
    Some weapons benefited greatly, like Brawling, DW (40-50% multi-target buff on its brawling WM moves), and Shield with its long tap combos.
    Most just got minor/decent buffs to their combos, with maybe a few standouts like Bow's Arrow Fling or HB's Power Discharge.

Also Staff got shafted and wasn't affected by this change at all. But it's not like it would make it worth using anyway. I guess in response to the post above, they just really, really hate Staff.

Here's a chart showing the % damage changes for all combos on 2 targets. It's also in the spreadsheet.
    http://i.imgur.com/GeGcBsS.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is67pc0pz72wq2q/dcuo weapons GU49.xlsx?dl=0
    • Like x 2
  15. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Hi Shiny, I wanted a quick clarification on your DPS numbers in the charts. (Couldn't find it in the guide)

Are the values for the dps using a normalized value for the "DPS stat"? In otherwords, did you use Weapon DPS + Precision/10 = 1?

I assume this is the case, but you know what happens when you @ss-u-me. I'm working on some rotation theories and I wanted to make sure that if I multiplied your DPS numbers with my "DPS stat", that it would accurately represent my actual damage per second.

Thanks again, as always.
  16. shiny mackerel Committed Player

yup, it's DPS stat which is weap DPS + prec/10. It should be under "weapon damage" in the first post. if you multiply the damage/sec numbers in the combo tables by your DPS stat, you will get damage/sec for that combo. but for theorycrafting you'll probably want total base damage instead, so you can find total DPS = total damage / total time for a full rotation.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Any update on recent changes to base numbers for certain weapon combos on GU51?
  18. motionsick Well-Known Player

Any plans to update the numbers for GU51?
    (if it wasn't done already)

-nevermind, just saw Rokyn ask the same thing!
  19. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Rome wasn't built in a day, guys. Give the man time. :)
  20. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I stand corrected...did we lose shiny? I don't know what I'd do with myself without his theory crafting tools.