Cross-Faction Grouping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Btw, that was also talked about I believe, I'm not sure what happened with that either.

Edit: on Page 1 -
    But that was Feb 2022...

I know he left the company, but I still hope the idea didn't go with him.
    • Like x 1
  2. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Wondering why not all instances/operations are crossfaction at this point. There are ones with the same name and setting, and the differences range from just dialogue to who you fight and how feats may differ depending on the faction. Some allow it, while others don't for example Brothers in Arms and Family Reunion, yet they're from the same episode. I understand for completely different ones per faction such as Hand of Fate or the Lantern stuff, but the rest should have been fair game to at least queue into by now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True, those should be looked into as well, but also could/might be fixed if Cross-Faction Grouping was made a thing as a whole.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Any dev(s) that could let us know if this idea is still in fruition? Thanks! :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They all know the fix....they just don't want to do it....

A Q S

Go in short, invite your villain/hero buddies...done. The rest is just having a reliable cross faction LFG, which can't be that hard to make. They already made the change to shout channel.
    • Like x 2
  6. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Also enabling Task Force X for all the old remaining content aside from the faction exclusive instances. These would help alleviate having to have someone queue in and leave if we can't group up beforehand.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but there are technical issues that might prevent that. We already know that if the run is good for both factions (most are), you can bring in a filler, then invite the opposite faction. The issue is the fillers...AQS removes that need with the existing cross faction rules/limitations and would fix it for MOST of the instances.

Yeah, they can still work on figuring out HOF and the few others....but the rest could be fixed by letting us go in short.
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It would also remove the need to even bother inviting anybody, if you can complete the run under-manned in less time than it takes to form a full group, which - at least on EU server - is usually the case for any regular content. Personally - I would love nothing more, since I could easily run most group content solo, or with 1-2 friends for raids, and get feats without worrying about randoms spoiling attempts - I already do it some of the time, when league-mates and a second account help me queue. But I imagine the devs won't let that happen because it would make it harder to get into groups for any players not able to do the same.
    • Like x 2
  9. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Making walk-ins could solve that instantly as well, but seems devs have moved on past that.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Walk ins have had issues in the past....not sure what all, but that's the word.

We already have the ability to have no matchmaking. It's called have a full group. They just need to make it so we can say 'no matchmaking' by choice with less than a full group. I'd wager it would not be all that hard to do.
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I know I've brought it up before, but at the very least could you consider making LFG cross-faction (like say/shout, and shows V or H)?

(As someone suggested in this thread as well:
    "Cross-faction LFG - please make it happen!")

Or (my ideas):

- Perhaps make a new separate (toggleable) LFG for both factions (named Global LFG, perhaps? Or Cross-LFG)?

- Another idea, could rename current LFG to Hero LFG/Villain LFG, and make regular LFG the cross-faction version.

These options will make it so those that choose to play non-cross faction or want to hide a specific LFG they could have the freedom to do so.

At least please let me know if this could possibly be implemented. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  12. Green Action Well-Known Player

bump
    • Like x 1
  13. NiX® Level 30

are we moving forward a little on this subject or not at all?
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply from Charon. Maybe someone is monitoring replies to him, but he gone.

And as he was the last one to reply here, I doubt anyone else will answer....but good luck.
    • Like x 1
  15. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Give 'em time. It hasn't even been two years yet! :p
  16. Green Action Well-Known Player

as long as we kjeep bumping this thread and showing the devs we want this, changes are bound to happen.
    • Like x 2
  17. Green Action Well-Known Player

What do you mean by two years? lol, (sorry i don't get it)
  18. Green Action Well-Known Player

I wonder if they do monitor tags and what not, but we both know what the reality is.. I'm just going to keep bumping this thread, that way it can keep being seen by folks who come on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  19. Green Action Well-Known Player

I wish there was way to tag dev on this thread, just like discord, your last post was in September that's almost 3-4 months ago, which sucks because this thread has laid dormant for almost year from any dev interaction which is sad. Where is meeps?
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

FWIW, I think they would do it if they could. I think it's a technical issue in the base of the game. A lot of stuff is build off what faction you are and how that makes you interact with the world, NPCs, locations and yeah...other players. I'd guess making it so villains and heroes can group would mean changing that very basic setting and might impact how all that other stuff reacts.

This is why I don't think they need to bother with grouping up. Let us get in with less people and give us a way to broadcast LFG to both sides and it takes care of itself from inside the instance. Both of THOSE things would likely cause less issues and be easier to figure out, and pretty much resolves the issue, other than for those instances where Cross faction entrance is prohibited...like the Hand of Fate content and a few others.

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat...