Test Discussion Save the Universe: Release 3 (Wonder Woman)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

I tank myself lol i tanked it when this was first released,they should reduce the adds and increase the damage they deal as of now they arent really doing any meaningfull damage towards the tank that was all nothing more.
    • Like x 1
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Yea thats a help too really depends how easy they want to do the reg version.
  3. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Yea like a mini game for that tank. Less but a strong mix from those doors.. ok ok I like what you saying. Punishers with Bowmasters in their mouth.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

Got to be careful in that regard though, b/c add damage shouldn't be equal to the boss. Also if the damage per add (and given the amount that spawn) is increased we don't want to turn everything into a huge cluster b/c tanks feel they need to kite adds and getting them mixed with the essence. Ppl do that enough with pug groups on live right now.

Thank goodness for replays for alts lol.

Maybe switching the various types of add combinations. Bow masters & punishers together for example so its more about mechanics rather than overall damage taken
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Due to the limited space the room has i can agree generally speaking i dont know why there are so many adds in the room anyway? Its not like they are doing much damage or a big threat it would be better to reduce the number but then make them more difficult to deal with wherever thats with more mechanic heavy adds and hard hitting adds a combination of both but it looks like a mess as of now. Quality over quantity (less adds but more challenging per add)

And yes agreed,the types of adds should be switched up replacing those harmless with the ones that are more of a threat towards the tank.
    • Like x 2
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Yes, they had a habit and still do to a point of saying things are OK when they had no clue how to fix it when it clearly was an exploit. I remember when people were tagging the Sentry in paradox, people said that was en exploit (I somewhat agreed with that), the devs said it was alright and then around the time of League Hall: Lockdown, they patched bosses like that then said it was always an exploit. Now CB was clearly an exploit because it completely prevented the bosses mechanic from taking place and the same thing goes for quantum tunneling. I remember when well known PS leagues claimed that quantum tunneling was a "legit strategy"...but then again its the same players the defended the mental exploit, TC exploit, money glitch(s), artifact exploit, etc...so you know consider the source.
    • Like x 2
  7. Luke© Well-Known Player

Should the most Current Elite content be puggable, I think it shouldn't be puggable.
    • Like x 1
  8. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agree to disagree.
    • Like x 1
  9. Luke© Well-Known Player

They should just take Elite out of the game now since you want it to basically be normal.
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Well, a tiny fraction of the actual population even plays elite. As it is, the mode is an outsized drain on resources that could be better spent elsewhere. So, you might be on to something.
    • Like x 1
  11. Luke© Well-Known Player

Milbarge, as per your request last night for us to go in and do a final test

Sorry for the late response so we went back in and tested it same as last time first boss was perfect. It is working fully as intended we also went into second boss the changes you made yesterday seemed to have worked and it is now completable without a shield healer. Again last boss is also working as intended. I feel like the adds still could use an extra buff however it's not really necessary.

We were wondering if it would be possible for the event version of the raid to have the essence removed as we feel a lot of newer players will struggle to understand the concept of this mechanic and it will make runs virtually impossible. Also in event the boss's HP are way too high and need to be atleast half of what they currently are that goes for all First, Second and Lasr boss. I apologise for not getting around to testing the alert we spent 2 hours testing the raid to make sure it was fully functional as that was our main concern and it got pretty late. But again thank you for being so open and responding to us and taking on our feedback we really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Luke
    • Like x 4
  12. zNot Loyal Player

If elite wasnt carrying its weight they wouldnt add elite versions for all content. Also having difficulty means longevity other mmos have the same why would dc be different?
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Have the adds been adjusted at all since released on Test? Doesnt say anything in the hotfixes,I hope he will do it its just been out for few hours and this elite raid will be here for like 2 months.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can confirm the Essence is a major stumbling block. Why did they choose this raid? Of all the WW raids.
    • Like x 2
  15. zNot Loyal Player

What wonders me is that why the dev didnt change anything from what i suggested and others gave feedback about. Only what luke said not that i disagree with him but still seems kinda cherrypicked. (Could be that im wrong and that its coming in next hotfix or whatever but no response so i assume no changes)
    • Like x 1
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This is a helpful video that elaborates on the numbers and helps reveal how much of a waste of resources elite content is. Watch till the end.

• Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Actually the publisher of that video did not say that at all and i watched it fully just now.
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Do you know what the word "extrapolate" means?
    • Like x 1
  19. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

No offense but why are they listening to this guy? Or are they over buffing this. Currently on live the Area phases are long, tedious and not fun... Even with a full geared group. His Hp vs the amount of ads (ie. Punishers and Bowmasters) don't jibe. You can't raise his Hp and not adjust the ad count... Per zNots n my suggestion. The suggestions should benefit ALL not just a small portion of testers. Please consider an adjustment to it's over buffed current state.
    • Like x 4
  20. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

IMHO, the devs should ask for others to confirm their experiences in testing as opposed to taking one groups info as basis for change. Or test themselves to confirm if changes made are over the top or a massive departure from sensible expectation. The changes made on one groups advisement should be looked at in earnest and in reference to TOTDe.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.