Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Surtur Well-Known Player

The testing parameters that Tunso had were good parameters except for one thing and one thing only.
    He failed to use time for each power to help calculate damage potential. That was a huge mistake if you ask me and it was very obvious because that faster powers were topping the charts. That's is also why Mental & gadgets had the shortcuts added to them after the fact........ (cast time was pointed out as to why some powers were doing better) The shortcuts being added also proved that cast time is essential when calculating damage potential.
    • Like x 1
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

While your EFFORT is A+.. Time and time again the devs CANNOT balance the game OFF OF SCORECARD.. You must HOP on the test server Use power tokens using the SAME STATS to compare.. If i was a DEV and someone showed me the scorecard to say this power is BROKEn or OP, i wouldnt pay it any mind bcuz, toooooooo many factors that can AFFECT a reflection in your SCORECARD (STuns, Ads vs Boss, loadouts, trinkets, rotations).. ITS MORE ACCURATE showing off the TWO POWERS on a sparring target... Thats just my OPiNION..

Yall gotta chill out with this scorecard as PROOF for a power to be balanced... You could be RIGHT, but this isnt ACCURATE proof and im not a dev..

my parameters/scale is
    3.5-4k dmg per 10sec parser(11-13k MIGHT estimation) SPARRING TARGETS ONLY!!!!

4.1-4.7k dmg per 10sec parser (13-15k MIGHT estimation) SPARRING TARGETS ONLY!!!

try that.. then come back

Hope that helps a bit.. Please if you can show a video.. no one knows the rotations youre using, it may not be the MOST OPTIMAL rotations.. There are probably LITERALLY over 100 rotation combinations in the game and a FEW OPTIMAL ROTATIONS..
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Now THIS i can agree with... If you spam 3x 100 cost moves, it USUALLY comes out more damage then the 300 cost move... Usually because of the 20%+ crit chance vs the 1x 300 cost move. 3 chances to get a CRIT vs that 1 chance.. I feel that the 300 cost move SHOULD have a HIGHER crit CEILING than the 100 cost moves.. But thats just MY OPINION...
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i know. I should be on test. But the problem for me i really dont have the time. I dont even have test downloaded anymore. The reason i even bothered doing this stuff was so many people were making claims with no #s. So i figured id at least make an effort and try. I know its not perfect. But i dont work for daybreak either and shouldnt even be doing this as a player. But i also did a ton of parsing and posted those #s in here if ya didnt see that. I only did 1 thing with content. And idk if ya missed it but mepps recently said we have to test in content and not on the dummies. Which imo is silly. For obvious reasons cause of the uncontrolled variables. The parses were post #366 in this thread.
  6. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Hey guys the best damage for qauntum atm is definitely bow in smoke bomb full precision and martial into brawling single target .wr gw iw etc
  7. planetkiller500 Active Player

If yall think quantum bad, try sorcery its much worse all hard hitter moves have a chance to miss.
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

As does at least 2 powers in Quantum.

The response was, "player skill" caused the miss.

How does a player being in range with an NPC targeted and the reticle lit up red tossing an ability that goes completely off the map and out of range equate to being the "Player's skill" being at fault?
  9. planetkiller500 Active Player

The
    That was an example, there is more problems with sorcery that im not getting into since this is not the sorcery thread. Quantum still in better shape.
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

Then please take the comments about Sorcery to the Sorcery thread.
  11. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Times ticking lets start to get some changes going for qauntum its in need of a definite buff we time bomb needs to hit harder or in general just re work the power i cant stress this enough taking the cap off of time bomb would be a mistake it would be to op Qauntum is my favorite power and i cant help but to see Changes if someone could someone competent,please make a data driven qauntum thread so are devs can indeed make changes
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

There is Data, current revamp data, in this thread already.
    Seen any response from a green name yet?

A Quantum thread in the Testing Feedback Section that was locked.

Uncapping TB wouldn't make it OP again, especially if they left the "crits are only cosmetic" crap in, as the PI has been shown to be broken with the data in this thread.
    Have no fear the answer is here,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/40-off-all-respec-tokens.290914/
  13. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Im not qauntum ive already escaped it
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

Wow this guide was almost on page 3. Is quantum really that dead?
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't think Quantum's dead; but this thread like most of the other guides was made during the AM era and now it's severely outdated.

I don't know if the Author of the thread still posts on the forums or not; but for the most part the only powersets that have updated guides are Celestial, Electricity, and Gadgets.
  16. SparkmanX Committed Player

Quantum is dead?
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

Nope..minus FOTM Ill wreck them.in overall dmg. New.trolled loadout Ill beat an Atomic tank.

Not dead...just not understood
    • Like x 1
  18. Polymerase Well-Known Player

Got anything to back that up, or is speedhacking the only way for Quantum to keep up the DPS?? :p
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sure- come run with me.
    As I said vs FOTM type powers you are gonna still see the same result- (so Gadgets, Muni)
    but you'll do just fine against almost anything else.

What rotation are you running?
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

My take on it is it's a completely full range power with makes it a safer power with no risk vs reward potential. I use two different loadouts for boss and trash mobs. I use HV though for single target.