Test Discussion Episode 27: Loot and Rewards Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

The trouble is, the whole system is driven by replays in the first place, replays in their mere existence distort the game, they distort the prices and they distort decision making when it comes to price setting, because at the back of their mind they're always trying to sell them rather than selling the game and the memberships.

I think you're over exaggerating the RNG too, again like I said it was bad, but it wasn't that bad...

I'll acknowledge the fact that largely speaking the players may all have the same "path to progression" but what I'm talking about here is more fundamental game problems.

what is at stake here are
    (a) weaker support roles
    (b) weaker alt toons
    (c) a lack of desire to play alt toons
    (d) a feeling of futility and disengagement in the grind; the grind is reset immediately after completing the previous one
    (e) too much back grind (mods, feats etc. all only obtained in this chapter)

Conveniently too and I've asked the developers this and they've refused to answer.

Are we being expected to remod and re generator mod every episode now, with new materials and new plans coming in every DLC with all r&d being exclusive to each episode, because it sure as hell looks like it.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That's not necessarily true, the vendor gear is much better than even the existing OP gear, so if that's going to be true going forward, with subsequent gear stripping any prior OP gear, going back to grind any OP gear from previous episodes is going to be meaningless
  3. Proxystar #Perception

To be fair I think there's a bit more value in OP pieces, styles and BB auras, there's more permanence in it than a piece of transient progression. They're limited time exclusives so people buy them for those reasons.

This system will result in one thing I reckon, a continued feeling of burn out.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I would be satisfied with a compromise of 8 weeks for 1 set of vendor gear, that doesn't leave enough time to max out 2 sets, which still annoys me, protects the "it must be expensive" side keeps the grind, but also doesn't make it feel exhausting, give you 4 weeks in a cycle to think about other stuff.
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I haven't been on PC Test due to wanting to other things other than DCUO. I can say for certain that if I have to wait practically the entire lifecycle of an Episode to get even 1 set of vendor gear I won't be getting it in the first place during the relevancy window. I sure as heck will not be doing that AND getting Elite gear since to get Elite gear I need to complete content which if it requires vendor gear kind of makes it hard to get Renown. I'm not saying if it does or not but I can wholeheartedly agree that there is a thinking flaw here. That or Episode 27 will last a very long time (longer than 3 months). If that is the case then good luck keeping people's attention and hype up.

I will not use Replay Badges either. I have never had to for 6+ years and I don't plan to do it any time soon. Even in the previous system I could still get 2 sets of rare drops in a contents lifecycle (because there were less pieces in the drop table and a heck of alot more chances than 1 gear drop per instance).

I think I will be staying away from testing as of course, those that like it seem to be blindly defending it and those that don't like it are being "cry babies." <-- Gross general stereotype but it is what it is and doesn't exactly help my initiative to stay positive, happy and fun - which I should emphasis is the goal of a game including DCUO - FUN - not dedicating hours to maybe complete a set of gear. that is also likely to be the standard for minimum entry next Episode (it always has been).

Anyways, thank you testers for the information/testing. If I have to play DCUO as a continued casual player because I have other interests than so be it. But I'd like to point out that in the past I could play DCUO and do other things while also staying caught up to gear by not being literally or figuratively forced to play every single day hours on end.

Just my two cents from a day one veteran and avid DCUO player. :D
    • Like x 7
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Also this system can be good. However we dont know the time table or when the next Episode after this is released or if that episode will have the same gear progression prices.

Monthly content was terrible. And the luck limiter was extremely broken due to you could go days without getting a rare drop, I in fact went 11 drops without a purple drop, and is the main reason I havent finished the past 2 styles due to the poor RNG system.

One main issue right now is CR based damage. The stats on the gear do not make a difference. Right now devs assume that 60% or higher of the player population play 1 character a majority of the time and only play 1 role over the other.

We as players dont have that data. We dont. People who have 2-7 alts simply cannot be catered to.

Right now even if you were to replay 5 times for raids, which is much more than 10$ it would roughly only save you 1 week.

IMO this system is better for me. I dont have multiple alts, my dps gets the second best gear via repeated drops or vendor gear in the past and I only replay on 1 character.

Devs simply need to change it where gearing up takes 6-8 weeks not 12 without replaying, by simply adjusting the prices.

The system does not make support roles weaker in any way. There are tons of players who play support first dps second. Nature, and electric players are one of them, I am one of them and I play celestial.
    • Like x 1
  7. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

That's great, don't need him here toothing the Devs horn.
    • Like x 1
  8. AccelT Well-Known Player

I'd liked that too, but I'm guessing it would diminish RB sale potential on the content.
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

That's true. Besides, the OP gear really isn't a big deal to me. The prices though on standard, elite, and mods does have me concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to pick up a pitch fork or anything, and I am SOOO glad the best gear is vendor again. But it does kind of feel like a smile in the face with a slap in the back of the head with the huge grind included.

But, even with that being said. I'm still excited about the episode, and until I know how long it's supposed to last, it's hard to make a final judgement.
  10. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

And that's my main concern. Is this meant to be a quarterly model or not? If so, we do need some adjustments.
    • Like x 1
  11. Abadeer Well-Known Player

HAH! It wasnt that bad?? Really Proxy??

1. This guy IN RITRE did get elite drops... 1 leg and check this 4 feet.. 4 in a row

2. This Dude did the instance 35 times!! 35!! And only got purple utility belts

This luck limiter?
    That always seemed to work right? :rolleyes:

> Its only a grind if you actively chase the top end gear, I dont chase gear so I dont experience these problems.. Maybe you should slow down and try to enjoy the dlc just this once and see... Mellow out bro youll burn out trying to keep up like that.

>If it means not having to deal with RNG again I will defend it... to the death. And im dead serious. So serious that If Avair ever hits me up and says " Hey man, Go snuff proxy or else RNG..." I would hunt you down like a dog.

You asked for best gear in vendor, Now you got the best gear in vendor :D
  12. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Cost of gear is absurd.

I could write why and how and draw comparison from the old sets and earlier progression system, but none of that ever matters, nor does any kind of feedback.

The devs will ignore everything and go about their business as usual.

I am so outraged, if I were not a responsible law abiding citizen, I'd have gone out and killed some people on the streets for the kind of BS the publisher has pulled out of his you know what.

I don't think best gear in vendor is good for progression, I would be fine if the developers did nothing to change the progression system at all.

I had mistakenly approved the changes earlier but now I regret it so much. Thank you for pushing me out of this game, you can kiss my average spending of $3000 per annum on DCUO a big fat good bye.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

If you're going to converse with me, please post in the post section, not all through my own quote. it's difficult to follow.

Thanks,
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

My biggest concern are the prices on the vendor and the number of items for R&D.
    How long did it take the devs to fix the pricing on catalysts and other items that were screwed up from GU 47?
    Over a year.......................... OVER A YEAR..............................................

I'll say it again
    !!!!!!!OVER A YEAR!!!!!!!!

I highly doubt that I will be playing this content for a long time to come unless something is done.
    I have alts that I like playing and other things that I like to do. Dealing with jerks at end game that have no clue is not my idea of fun anyway.

I'm not going to waste my breath anymore because I already know that I have wasted to much time with something that is so futile anyway. The devs take GREAT ideas and always find some way to screw it up.

My excitement for the stats revamp was just tossed out of the window today............ THANK YOU DCUO
    Ok, I'm finished....... :p

• Like x 3
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I wish they would of uesd the R&D system as a way to upgrade the vendor gear to elite gear and also maybe as a way to clone the gear for your other role . The DLC more then likely will be out next week and sadly for alot of reasons namely thinking they're going to make a ton off replay badges I don't think they will drop the price gear.
  16. Krys Ptoleny New Player

I just wanted to make sure that I understand. I now get less currency from the 4 player and the duos (what I ran to get currency) and you are raising the prices . . . That sounds funny . . . Dear employees: we are giving everyone a wage cut, but we are going to make it up to you by raising the prices on the vending machines in the break room :) I won't even replay those for currency now . . . By the time I get this gear set, a new DLC will be out and the junk will be better . . . therefore . . . I will celebrate getting my last piece by replacing it with a green or a blue the next day. (At least give me my 5 for the alert back, because you aren't getting my replays on the 8's. Come on Devs: Maximum Effort!)
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

This gear reward system is absolutely terrible. When the best gear was on a vendor in previous DLC's it was never priced that high. Is this your way of encouraging Replay sales? How about giving us a reason to replay instances instead of over inflating gear prices?

I'm starting to get the impression the players you Devs take for granted would be better at running this game than you. What in the world made you think setting these outrageous prices would be a smart business ideal? You fail at promoting useful reasons to sell Replay Badges. Replay Badges were the worst implementation this game has ever seen. You still fail at promoting sales on the Marketplace for what? Why do you keep doing these types of things to your customers? I don't look forward to this DLC at all now simply because of those prices on the Vendor gear. Never has any piece of gear been that much, it's repulsive.

Also, Nerd of Prey AND Mepps said managing Alts would become an easier task to do BUT IT'S STILL NOT and you two stated that almost a YEAR AGO. In fact, it's getting worse!!!!! Stop changing what you say. If you're gonna do your job do it right and stick with what you say. You have stained your own reputations by ultimately lying to people. I'm not even excited about stats matter because every time we ask for something you implement an ulterior motive, just stop with the damn cruel intentions already. It's getting old, quick. Trust me on that one.

Those prices are ridiculous and you need to adjust them. It's not an opinion or asking for a hand out lol I's a fact and it's sad that we constantly have to be on your butt about these kind of things.

NOBODY asked for them to be that high, and getting the idea of putting them that high is something worth being insulted for because that's a choice only a fool would make willingly. There is way too much grind and people have given great reasons as to why this won't work out. What's especially frustrating is that it seems people can only embrace one role at a time, so if I choose to embrace my sport role, what am I to do about solos and open world things!? A support role has a difficult time doing those simply because of the lack of burn you force upon your support role players.

Absolutely ridiculous and I won't be putting a single dime into your DLC if this continues to be the way of how to progress.

You've already dug your grave, forged your coffin, and now it's almost time to lay in that grave and reap everything you have sowed. Stop taking everything people say for granted and start taking it with a grain of salt. Keep pissing the people off and you won't have any to call customers or you won't have enough to keep up with the costs of running this game.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Every cost is a joke, mods/gear/time, all of it. absolute joke.

The 'intended longevity' of the content doesn't matter, what we're getting only lasts people about two months anyhow before they're bored to death of the content and are done grinding gear regardless of whether they finished it or not, and they'll stop logging in until there's something new to do, like always.
    The only difference now is that people will see right away that they have zero hope of getting anything done before the content will be stale and if they have any sense, they won't sub up for it in the first place.

Arbitrarily making content last longer hasn't worked in the past, and won't work now, at the end of the day all this amounts to is a replacement replay scam for the "enthusiasts", and screwing the rest of the population over in the process.
    • Like x 2
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

lol, I knew this would happen. So many of you wanted the best gear in the vendor. Every time that was brought up, Mepps said the pieces would be more expensive. And now you're all complaining.

Best gear as drops was the best.

Good job again, forums.
    • Like x 7
  20. Abadeer Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Bro, purple gear will still be available in the instances as drops.

I fixed it..

WRONG. YOU USE ANCIENT COINS TO BUY BEST GEAR ON VENDOR...
    THIS CHANGE DOES NOT AFFECT REGULAR PURPLE GEAR PRICES.... YOU WILL STILL USE MOV TO BUY REGULAR VENDOR GEAR AND THOSE PRICES NEVER CHANGED..... I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.