Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Having a hard time justifying keeping SoL in my DPS load out. I don't seem to have a problem spreading BK with WoD using handblasters. I typically go SW clipped with WoD, WM-trans-CoD WM-trans ect. Its just Trans hit way harder than SoL. Any feedback?
  2. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

WOD applies karma aoe now? I thought it only applied to a single target.
  3. EtOH New Player

Relatively fresh to sorcery and would like an opinion on loadouts & builds for both DPS & Healer Stances especially as in the context of the T6 raids.

DPS (essentially the same as my Earth main, with only a precision lean in nonred mods)
    Shard of Life, Transmutation, Weapon of Destiny, Circle of Destruction, Soul Well, & Robot Sidekick

I've been wondering about Soul Well and its range of effect.
    Additionally in terms of Robot Sidekick, I also wondered about switching it with a supercharge like either Baleful Transmorgification or Grand Summoning. In terms of Baleful, does it process with weapon mastery or does it not, seems to not for me unless my timing for it is off or it's strange like that.
    Also in terms of this kind of build, which would be the better choice in terms of damage out - Hand Blasters or Dual Wield?

Healer
    Boon of Souls, Alert heal, Raid heal, Circle of Protection, Soul Well, & Transmutation

I sometimes switch out Soul Well & Transmutation for Guardian & Offering as the situation calls fit. I switch out Soul Well for the single target heal for raids. I've been wondering just how Shard of Life works in the healer stance and would like input on that.

Something I've been meaning to ask any veteran healers would be whether or not Dominance would be important (as a secondary stat maybe over health or power; along those lines), as I've had people tell me it is & vice versa.

Would greatly appreciate any input from anybody.
  4. Forced Penance New Player

As a healer:

Shard is a ranged targeted heal on an enemy, it applies bad karma on the target and those near it. It then heals in a dot style around those affected and provides dot damage to those with the PI applied. Grouped adds are especially effective targets. The bad karma also increases the effectiveness of transmutation as well as giving a damage dot to your circle of protection. In short, it is a great setup move to transmutation and circle while rolling heals out around your targets.

I run a similar healing loadout. In raids I usually run rejuv, word, boon, circle, shard, and a pet. The pet is variable depending on what aspect of the group needs a little extra push. If I am solo healing, I keep the watcher up just for a bit extra healing going out. If there are two healers, then I put up guardian for a little extra tank support, or fury for a bit more passive dps out. Guardian is fairly effective to tank a few adds until the tank can pick them up. If there is a weak tank, guardian may become a problem stealing agro from him. Whatever the pet, ritual word keeps the power flowing into the pet and it is a heal I use quite extensively during raids.

As far as mods, I tend to go Restoration/Precision in reds and yellows; and Restoration/Health in blues.
  5. Vyltran Loyal Player

Transmutation deals additional damage to enemies influenced by karma. SoL just apply BK on enemies, like a SS but muuch more powerful.

If you want to use SoL in your loadout, i would advice using this rotation: "SW + WoD -> WM -> SoL + CoD -> WM -> Trans"..

Note, this is a non-fury rotation so that's why i have no offering on rotation. Clip WoD every time you can to take full advantage of BK waves.

When you use WoD, it works as a weapon buff but at the same time applies BK.. using your weapon with AoE mechanics (HB WM - 1h WM - Brawl WM - 2h WM, etc.) - will apply BK on enemies as far your range allow it.
  6. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

That's just it, I'm not a fan of using SoL. I could just go Sw+WoD WM to Tran+CoD, WM to Tran ect.
  7. Vyltran Loyal Player

Any reason for it?, animation? you feel like delayed using "SoL"?. I just hate using "offering" lol.. My fury loadout i just it as a.. backup loadout or where boredom attacks.
  8. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I don't run any load out with fury. I don't want to use SoL because it does less damage than Trans. If I can get BK on everything with WoD then I'm happy. I keep SoL in my load out in case I'm having issues with maintaining BK. Swap it out for a SC in boss fights or single target situations.
    • Like x 2
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

This is true, though I will say that this method works better on some weapons and less, if at all, on others. In my opinion it's not as efficient as SoL or even SS as far as applying BK to entire mobs thus guaranteeing consistent max damage but as Titan, himself, said:
    As long as it works for him then it's all good. If BK did not have to be applied before CoD goes down, I would likely have been doing the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

SoL does less damage but the pi range Is big. I usually do 4 trans for every 1 sol on 3^ targets, on boss fights I completely agree with you. Lol might be crazy, but i've been trying final ruin again. The damage is all over the place but them 10-20k crits is nice on boss fights
    • Like x 1
  11. soulxmetal New Player

Another quick question, Is it worth having trans in A fury load out?

EDIT: DPS is also my secondary role to healing so my mods are synthetic precision. Because I am mostly precision would i be better of with a fury load out as opposed to WM?
  12. Stitch Well-Known Player

What is sorcery's "awesome mechanic"?
  13. Vyltran Loyal Player

I would say is an unbalanced idea being precision with a fury loadout knowing WM exclusion. I'll go precision & might, so my dots get more love.

And yeah, transmutation is a must.. cause it deals additional damage when enemies are affected by karma.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Enhanced pets.
    • Like x 1
  15. Stitch Well-Known Player

Thanks. Maybe you could answer another question of mine. Is sorcery healing still as boring as it used to be way back in the day?
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Boring? I don't think so.
  17. EtOH New Player

"Enhanced."
    Wish they would fix Earth & Sorcs awesome mechanic, or rather all awesome mechanics so that they are level to what is meta now on the DPS side.
  18. EtOH New Player

In a pet loadout, I wouldn't use Transmutation because the crit gets canceled, plus Fury already performs Transmutation if you manage to sate his power thirst. Additionally if you try using both Fury & Transmutation, while maintaining Bad Karma, you would most likely use a lot of power and less weapon mastery in general in my opinion.

While Sorcery can get away with more Might in a pet loadout, I still wouldn't recommend it. The focus of the loadout would be on keeping the Bad Karma up for Fury while conducting weapon mastery for damage along with Circle of Destiny and whatever of your choosing.
  19. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Sorcery and Fury are probably the most balanced Powerset/AM in the game in terms of damage output and as well as Loadouts that include/omit Fury.
  20. EtOH New Player

Meh, in my opinion most of the mechanics aside from the DoTs seem to be second banana to more current weapon mastery focused loadouts.