Dual Wield Charge Double Throw (Worse)..

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Helping Hand, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

No, no they are not.

The biggest issue is that each of the big hitters are one hit wonders.

Rifle Grenade. Why bother going down to Mortar? Which SHOULD do more damage, which it doesn't.
    Hand Blasters Solar Flame. Hold? What hold? Tap is where it is at. Don't need the rest of the combos. Why bother?
    1h Spin Chop No need to do 5 tap spin or even Flurry.
    2h 3 hold. Mega Smash is mega slow and does about the same damage. Sure, once it a while a crit of a lot, but so rare not worth it.
    Bow... Yeah... If you can do good damage with bow, you are godly. 3 tap hold is all that is left from it's nerfs it got.

See where I'm going at here? THEY ARE NOT balanced. No where NEAR balanced. They need to go through all of them and do a full weapon balancing or there is no point using weapons. You should WANT to purchase the rest of the combos. You currently don't need to nor would you want to.

So no, sorry, you are wrong on them being balanced.
    • Like x 6
  2. Kordana New Player

I agree with this. Since that update, the only dps weapons you see (at least with high end dps) is about 75% rifle and the rest DW. It's pretty annoying that those are the only 2 viable dps weapons. (unless you're a class that doesn't really use your weapon like HL or Celestial)
    • Like x 1
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

They are only "one hot wonders" because of how unbalanced the two abilities (DW charged throw and Rifle grenade) really are. Maybe people would utilize other abilities in those weapon sets IF those 2 broken abilities were correctly balanced. As the devs said, the longer the combo the more damage they should do. So if spin chop is hitting for more than flurry or the 5 tap spin, then perhaps spin chop also needs another adjustment.

They cannot make everything as powerful as DW charged throw and Rifles grenade, because we would mow down the content they create for us. There is a limit to each skills damage to keep us in check against the content they bring out for us. So again, the answer is not bringing everything up to par with two broken skills, the appropriate answer, is bringing the two broken skills down to the level of all the balanced skills. :)
  4. Kordana New Player

The problem with just nerfing DW and Rifle is that it makes it even harder to compete with the powers that don't use really need to use weapons like HL, Celestial, etc. It'll just make them more imbalanced.
    • Like x 3
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

So once the obviously broken weapon skills are fixed, we can move on to other broken subjects plaguing our game. Right now however, these broken weapons are obviously broken and impacting both PvE and PvP as they continue to be exploited in one way or another negatively. That is why they need to be fixed asap. :)
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

DW damage from the charged throw is fine. It's never changed and no one has ever complained about it before. Same for rifle. It's the splitting that's an issue. If anything it's the damage from 1h and staff's charged BBs that are odd. It's simply not worth charging the weapon because the dps is so low. The damage from those moves were fine until 1h got ninja buffed one day and it became fotm.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kordana New Player

Not really sure how the ranged DW and rifle attacks are effecting PvP. I pvp a lot and never see either one ever used. The 3 second charged DW attack? You'd have to be playing some really really bad players to get one of those off in a pvp match. And rifle grenade spam is also way too power hungry for pvp. (and also too wide open for a lunge)
  8. Sytenia Committed Player

That is a very good point and personally don't see the problem with the rifle, if anything the mortar doesn't do enough damage and nothing changed about the grenade or did it? Isn't a big part of that rifle "spam" done with abusing the current Phase Dodge? That will be changed with this update anyway.

I agree that dual wield is out of hand but only because of the splitting after 3. If just that is restored to how it was where it splits after 1 and then bring the other weapons more in line with that instead of making the other ones less powerful. Another way is to go back to how handbasters were before they were made weaker a bit ago and use that as an example to balance the other weapons on.
  9. Kordana New Player

There are a lot of ways to spam the grenade other than phase dodge
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

I just got off test again, and tested both DW charge throw and the Rifle grenade. DW's charge throw is insane currently. My highest hit so far in parallax gear with synthetic mods was a bit over 13k and that is not a random occurrence. It happens quite often.

Rifles grenade is also constantly hitting for over 1k, the norm for me is around 1250, and its an aoe ranged right TAP. Both of these abilities definitely need to be looked as they are clearly out of balance compared to the other 9 weapons, DW especially needs to be adjusted.

That kind of damage is not normal. Not even 2H hits that hard, and 2H is the slowest weapon in the game and its charged throw cannot be jump cancelled and retain full damage. Please devs, look into both of these skills. There is clearly something wrong.
  11. StopPerving Dedicated Player

The weapons were changed not long ago, to balance things. Sorry, but in this case, the devs knew what they did.. and correspondingly nerfed DW down a tad before going live. In this case, the devs know what they're doing :)
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ths-a-comparison-of-all-weapons-in-dcuo.4075/

You can see shiny mackerel's compiled data on weapon damage in that link. Rifle grenade has a damage multiplier of 1.10 while 2H is 3.92, meaning you need 3.5 rifle grenades to equal the damage of 1 hammer throw. That sounds about right to me.
    • Like x 1
  13. fRuiTy New Player

All I here from giggles is NERF THIS AND NERF THAT. All I see is complaining about things and getting them nerfed. Instead, maybe be smart about it and ask for buffs for fun weapons like bow or pistols or blasters, etc. Getting everything nerfed makes everyone unhappy, while getting things buffed makes more people happy. Use your head next time please, before we lose more top players.
    • Like x 3
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Guy doesn't understand a single thinga bout the game.

If you start nerfing weapons what will happen? Combo powers will just freakin WRECK!

Weapons are an integral part to most powersets damage.

Rifle allows spamming.

HB is a little more efficient.

DW even more efficient... and the only real issue is that for some reason they decided to make it split after 3... no clue who's bright idea that was, but change that to a 2, and we're golden.

DW is not really hitting much harder than it always has if it's even harder at all. The only issue is that where it may do 5k to a single target, another 5k to a second target... it'll do yet another 5k to a third target! where most other weapons will split after 2, or even 1 (what DW use to do), DW basically potentially has 50% more damage if it's 3+ targets.

The scales are actually pretty darn good.

Rifle is near instantanous, 1.1 damage constant
    HB is just under a second and a 2.8 damage constant.
    DW is just under 2s IIRC and a 4.4 damage constant.

Seems to scale quite perfectly honestly.

What the issue is, is that no other weapon is truly viable at range.

That needs to be addressed. Sure it's more work... but being lazy and not doing this kind of stuff is why the game has lost any sense of balance.
  15. GodNema Well-Known Player

I don't think people have realized the exponential growth in based prec and prec buffs that make the damage appear to be insanely high, but the numbers add up tbh. IMO people need to start getting used to seeing numbers over 5k or we arent getting anywhere with new gear...
    • Like x 4
  16. geostew Well-Known Player

I think the nerfs to charged melee weapon throws are great so that video is insane. I found it so ridiculous that someone only using 1 move over and over tops out the dps charts. Its laziness and completely defeats the purpose of a combo based combat system and removes the skill from the game.

And I second the BUFF DUAL PISTOLS!!! Its one of my favorite weapons ever but because they are sooooo weak I wont use them.
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

@Karasawa

Have you seen how fast you shoot out grenades? You can get 4-5 grenades out in the time it takes 2H charged throw to complete. Which is why it should be looked in to. Let's also not forget that grenade can be clipped and retain full damage, while 2H charged throw cannot. As far as DW's charged throw, there is simply no excuse for a charged throw to hit that hard, and not split. Nothing comes close to it, and it can be jump cancelled.

In order to fix these abilities, I think they should make DWs charged throw identical to 2H's, in that there is 2 ticks of damage, and you must play out the entire animation to get full damage, and it's damage should be reduced to match 2H charged throw and split the same as well. For grenade, all that needs to be done is add a cast bar that if broken does not give full damage. I'd say a1.5 second cast bar, or a slight damage reduction.

Just remember, Karasawa, rate of fire must be considered as well as whether it is a tap or a hold. ;)
  18. Clutch Committed Player

Rifle still gives the most damage. They really should just leave these weapons alone and buff the others.
    • Like x 2
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That'd require that you fire 4-5 grenades in 2s.

an unclipped grenade takes 1s to animate.

You'll get 2 unclipped grenades in the time a 2h attack happens.

To get 4-5 you'd need to be using some channeled powers and jumping, making it VERY VERY much more power intensive than simply throwing the 2h...

Again, it seems like you don't understand how something works.

2h you can jump cancel/clip(either works the same) at about 1s for the first tick, giving you the option for a quick attack. Or you can wait for the second hit which you can clip basically as soon as the 2h starts it's return to you.

DW, is a ~3s animation, ~1s longer than 2h, the difference is it allows you to clip! and clip you must otherwise it's a much worse weapon than 2h where you can simply jump it or even let it run thorugh and it's only a little above 2s vs 3s...

Giggles again you're wrong, and again you don't know what you're talking about.

And a 1.5s cast bar on rifle... dude, you're joking right? You know the current animation is only 1s right? And if they did what you suggest NO ONE would use rifle (probably your intention honestly). Everyone would go to HB, which is a ~1s animation before clip but hits over twice as hard as rifle....

How do they keep letting you call for nerfs? isn't that against the rules?
    • Like x 1
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

@Jeebie

You can do more damage than 2H charged hold in 2-3 grenades. Grenade is a right TAP, and 2H charged throw is a right hold. Grenade can be clipped and maintain full damage, 2H charged throw cannot. CLEARLY there is a problem here. However, DW charged throw is currently a bigger a problem, and we all know this since the DW charge throw is both not slipping and can not for easily over 8K in a single hit.

If 1H hitting for 3K and up was not intended, what makes you think DW hitting for even higher amounts of damage and not splitting properly is? Let's also not forget that DW can be clipped an is about a second longer than 1H. What makes you think the rate of fire and damage per second grenade can put out is intended? Look no further than 1H damage reduction to see these 2 weapons are clearly out of line. Come on now. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.