Artifact Slots. We need More.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Apr 2, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

that is exactly the thing this game need, more pay to win...
    • Like x 3
  2. Darkwalker Active Player

Such a bad idea. Definitely no more Art slots please!!!
    • Like x 2
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

It won't be as strong
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Eh, I’ll settle for 6!
    • Like x 2
  5. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

IT WOULD BE GREAT, more customization in the combat modes of the characters, it would really be great, I also think that the allies need a fourth space, because practically the combat ally does not contribute, I would like to see space to have 3 passives.
    • Like x 3
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It would be nice to have some extra slots. Dps side would be able to use more arts for specific play styles like pets, trinkets, supercharges, etc. healers can actually boost more stats like using starheart for once along with others. Trolls would have a blast as now you can fully buff or unbuff the enemies at will, tetra claw rings rao parasite comlink, etc. tanks can actually use something besides the three for them, maybe use a eog quislet, or whatever a tank would wanna use.

Im down for it. Maybe give us some cargo-shorts styles so we can have room for them as they have many pockets. Lol.

My healer would like it very much:
    Page of Destiny
    Purple Healing Ray
    Omegahedron
    Starheart
    Maybe the clarion for giggles
    deadking for fun
    Philosophers stone

My troll:
    Claw
    Rao
    Tetra
    Parasite
    Comlink
    Rings

Idk yet, but it would be awesome!!! Can we have 6 spots, pretty please!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Seems like the top players want less slots but the top spending customers want more.

Perhaps the solution is clear - add another slot (to satisfy those who want more customization) but nerf artifacts somehow (to satisfy those who want more difficulty).

Maybe take away the stats on artifacts and then possibly add more variety in augments for stat adjustments if necessary later on. Tying stats to artifacts always felt limiting to what artifacts can go with what roles/powers/builds.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No one said anything about wanting less...most are stating we have enough slots, no more needed. Secondly, no one who has spent a single dime on these artifacts wants to hear one dam*ed word about nerfing artifacts. That's the worst idea suggested. No thanks on nerfing anything just to get an extra pay-to-win slot.
    • Like x 5
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind a fourth slot that's effects-only, no stat gains.
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nerfing artifacts for difficulty would be a controversial move given players have spent a good amount of real life time and money on them. Then expecting them to level a whole new artifact as well.

This is up there with the most ridiculous ideas I've ever seen in a forum thread.
    • Like x 6
  11. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Another nerf option would be to limit artifact swapping in combat, since some players are already gaining extra artifact benefits that way.

There are some obviously vocal individuals against anything remotely viewed as pay to catch up, pay to win, surprise mechanics, whatever we call it - but obviously that business model very much works with customers in some way - which is why it is so widespread in different forms these days.
    • Like x 1
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

nerfing is a bad idea ppl, why would u even suggest that???? :p
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

No Sammy, we don't need more :mad:
    • Like x 1
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is probably the most scuffed forum-comment of the year so far. It's funny though, it has that sweet "He BeAt Me On ThE bOaRduHh, He Be ChEaTiNn"-type energy. :D

No, my guy. We don't need any more artifact slots no matter what kind of made up, imaginary statements you'll try and justify it with.
    • Like x 1
  15. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Truth be told I have 9 arts on my main all at 200 I would love to be a eog tank with mof, symbol,and cerce mask and everyman ore keep all 4 of my dps arts on to solar, trans,strat, and eog but players would want you to have all you characters up to that. It hard getting 6 arts up on multiple characters and very expensive to so no i don't want more slots
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Baby slot. Perks but no stats. And make a new ui for this new setup that no longer lets us tac swap other artis.
    • Like x 3
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

Nothing made up or imaginary. It's a fact people were complaining how we didn't need more artifacts slots because our toons were to strong, until the devs released Allies, that made our toons stronger, and you all were like "oh, yeah."
    Also, it's a fact that PC tac swap is faster than ps4 and 5. If you got "hE bEaT mE oN tHe ScOrEcArD" that's your insecurities shining through. I can't help you with that my dude. Those your genes
  18. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Are you people sure 4 slots gona be ok or maybe 10 ? guess sky is not a limit here right ?
    Looks like some people have done to many artifacts and now what you gona do ? Lets hope they not gona copy phase systems from other games where you can mix lvl 200 artifacts to get beter one after all this games already death and that was one of the reason why.
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

IF we're ever to do a 4th slot, I believe it'd be more along the lines of allowing only the passives work in that slot, all stats would be stripped.
    • Like x 14
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Now there's an idea for implementation of a 4th slot! I could definitely jump on board with allowing only the passive effects of an artifact. I can't think of any role where that wouldn't benefit, while still retaining a 'ceiling' of stats potential.
    • Like x 2