Artifact Slots. We need More.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Apr 2, 2022.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please never introduce a 4th slot unless you can use all of the effects even if the artifact is Rank 80.

Its already nearly impossible to gain new permanent players due to artifacts and their associated initial cost. The amount of overlapping mechanics and synergies would also be straight up overwhelming.

In the end, there will be questions about a 5th slot a week after the 4th slot got released.

I can totally see why players may want a 4th or even more slots. I just think that it would be better to make them work in a different environment/system that doesnt directly affect the general gameplay and instances maybe? For example, a rank 200 artifact grants a base item of that artifact wich grants a consumable or anything else useful upon interaction. That way players still feel like their artifacts money was well invested even if they already exceeded the 3 needed artifacts for the available slots.
    • Like x 1
  2. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

AWESOME!!!, IT IS THE COMMENTARY OF THE YEAR SO FAR. It is the truth. The passives are the most interesting and they make the players have a little more personalized combat modes, if they did this it would be much more fabulous since at last there would be more customization in combat, and more Strategy!, because I think that a good different combination, could overcome in certain situations, the standard configuration that only differs by having high level equipment and cr, I feel that each role and power almost always has 2 configurations of artifacts that are always the same to have the best performance, and with the number of players there are, they are like a lot of copies that differ only by level, if the passives do not have statistics, there is no longer a serious reason to have the same as always, it would be very good to create very different super heroes.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So basically what is already being done with tac swapping artis....gotcha. Then they could just tac swap a 5th or 6th one in on the fly vs a 4th or 5th they do today.

Guess that answers where the devs stand on tac swapping artis.
    • Like x 1
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Most wouldn't use soul cloak without Artifacts swap. They would use Grim. Because most electric DPS in the know already use Quislet. If they didn't kniw, and was using Grim, they would use Quislet.
    That's just a guess for me. I don't use cheese dps in the game
    • Like x 1
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

According to OC new video, you also have 12-15 secs to use some artifacts after you have switched them out.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Pssss....in case you haven't noticed most artifacts are beneficial to the DPSs.....even some of the healer/tank/troll ones. DPSUO is what we play you know...right?
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed it doesn't need to be removed entirely, but when it's fast enough to be part of a standard rotation, it's a bit too fast (for some). Making a swap on the fly 1 2 or 3 times in a fight....sure. Especially if the staffing changes and you have to pop armory, but need to make a swap from your standard build. There are people who are swapping every 8-12 seconds....it's not the same thing.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No doubt....and those are the 'passive' benefits people would want to get in the 'limited' 4th slot. It's no real limit at all.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

lol...you know, at this point when I saw Charon's post about our current artifacts I started hoping that somehow the "Basic" Controller Arts would somehow receive a buff.....enough to give DPS's pause when expecting us to help them piggyback their damage.

We'll see what happens.

It's hard to deny that it's getting out of hand. There HAS to be a change to this because it will continue to get worse.

Next - DPS will expect Controllers to CHANGE OUR GEAR to DPS gear - all for MOAR damage.

"GLF Buff Troll (With DPS Gear only) for TSDe".
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Yep,im seriously tired of all this „moar damage“ nonsense ppl getting kicked cause they dont use eog cause they dont buff troll its just sickening and kills the joy and fun for everyone! Players only playing with eachother gate keeping others etc.. just looking at the lfg „need eog dps eog healer hhn farm“ really, its time to stop this thats not how newish players will stick or spend to the game or have the urge to be part of endgame. And ofcourse all of the gadget/elec/SS prec stuff need a serious look…

Btw thats already happening in endgame leagues they use dps gear as buff troll
    • Like x 1
  11. Controller Devoted Player

See that's utterly ridiculous.

I rarely complain about things in this game so I hope my "Forumites" give me a pass here...

"if they don't and some feelings get hurt then cover your eyes lol"............

Asking Controllers - who ALREADY HAVE "BUFF ARTS" to ALSO have DPS gear in their loadouts is utterly ridiculous.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No that's not what he's clearly saying at all, that's also not the whole conversation, though is it Appo, but we know that don't we Appo... Here's the rest of it

[IMG]

What is being said is that they weren't designed "specifically" with swapping them in mind, but that doesn't mean the inadvertent byproduct of that being possible becomes an abuse of of its original intention, it just means it's an unexpected consequence of the way they have been designed, but not necessarily undesirable.

If it were incredibly undesirable to the point you allege of being "abuse" then your cheap and nasty fix would've already been implemented.

It is a cheap and nasty fix by the way, to just take a sledgehammer to something when you can fix it properly with a bit of actual effort and since we're talking about "spending time" actually balancing things properly then it is entirely appropriate to discuss a real fix not some cheap "lock everything down" fix that just annoys as many people as it might please.

Your attempt to portray this as an "abuse" or an "exploit" and that Mepps backed you up in that view is a leap on your part, when he didn't say or portray any position of the sort, you're simply attempting to use what he said out of context to bolster your own position when he (Mepps) was far more neutral than that.

It isn't a diminishing tactic on my behalf at all to suggest some actual thought and time be put in to actually better balancing the system.
    • Like x 2
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

This most recent SM event has been a real eye opener for some on EU, EoG Heal, EoG DPS's, Buff Troll only on LFG for HHn farm is outrageous.
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My troll doesnt use tetra or cog and ive never been kicked. My atomic and HL dps do not use EoG and they never had issues getting into groups. My Might DPS also dont have any issues keeping up with prec dps even if they are gadgets or electric. Not saying it doesnt happen but you are painting an untrue picture. These things arent as common as you are making it seem. For a while now you have been on a crusade to remove everything that you either dont like or just cant do.

Look at tac swapping. When you thought a dev agreed with you then you were happy to spread the word that tac swapping was an exploit. But it has been pointed out that it is not an exploit and there were no upcoming plans to change it. I do not tac swap. If it is removed than it wont affect me.

This game is not designed with what you like. It is not zNot Universe Online.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I have not seen a single person get kicked, ever ,because they don't use EOG or buff troll, it simply does not happen to any meaningful extent to be observable in the wild, I've never seen it in my omnibus runs and I've never seen it in any PUG runs. I think it probably speaks volumes about the people you're associating with, if kicking others for reasons such as that is anything other than incredibly rare.

What are you running, when this happens? Are you PUGGing? Are any league mates with you? What is being said in the moment? What is the content being run exactly? What server is it on?

What does it matter what gear a person is using? It's about balancing their stats to undertake a task, gear is one source of stats and you can use it to balance your characters stats in any build you wish, it seems you just don't like it when someone puts on gear you don't agree is what should be put on, if the person is doing their job however, what is the problem? Why do you care what they have on?
  16. appocolyps Committed Player

Your evidently upset over the entire thing, I wasn't referring to the second statement you posted, I was referring to the statement he initially made, you can dissect the English all you like in hope that it means something other than it actually does, that statement still implies it wasn't an initial design, that is a fact.

I suggest we call it a day on this subject its obvious we have opposite opinions on the matter, our arguments have been posted, time will tell, a quick scroll through this thread however will show how opposed a generous amount of the community are against it, we can only leave it in the dev's hands to make the right decision.

Appo Out
    • Like x 2
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Yea and some here still act like everything is perfectly balanced lmao
    • Like x 2
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Because i want the game to be balanced means znot universe online gotcha dude keep it going
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Just yesterday i seen how multiple people got kiked cause they didnt use eog,good luck protecting this toxic behaviour,
    • Like x 2
  20. appocolyps Committed Player

Take few SS's of EU LFG at present, its off the chart. I was in a HHn farm group and 3 people got kicked for not using EoG.
    • Like x 1