Artifact Slots. We need More.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Apr 2, 2022.

1. zNot Loyal Player

I 100% agree there it would be good to get more details before they go ahead and do a 4th slot because i feel like the community just looking at this thread looks very split apart,i also didnt say the 4th slot is a good idea, but the buff of useless artifacts was great. If i could i would ofcourse be against a 4th slot in this case under the condition that no % based stats and art swap mid fight gets removed i could maybe get along with it

Also what i think is that before a 4th slot comes by that point i expect atleast some of the big gaps/unintented stuffs to be closed/fixxed because when we have mepps that said we have big gaps and OP players then making us even more OP and creating a even wider gap with a 4th slot without first closing the gaps would obviously be weird.
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I do not agree with that. We do not need another slot. With 11 level 200 artifacts I understand the frustration (for want of a better word) of having to choose which artifacts to use but we do not need more slots.
    • Like x 7
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Underperforming artifact review will happen regardless of 4th slot.

IF we were to a 4th slot it would be with a lot of caution - we'd address artifact swapping, make it so only passives worked in 4th slot - flat or percentage bonuses would not, and we have methods of adjusting overall game stats when we introduce a new slot to help address the basics of balance/power creep and would have to be very aware of potential overlaps of passives that could cause too many balance issues. All of that before we actually moved any further in making a 4th slot.

And then it'd sit on PC Test for a good while to for better testing, more eyes, etc. for adjustments or straight up removal if actual balance issues seem insurmountable, until a later time when they are.. surmountable.
    • Like x 13
  4. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Tactical swapping already allows players to get benefits from 4 or more artifacts during combat, so removing in-combat artifact swapping, even with adding a 4th statless slot, would be a net nerf to potential strength of players - I hope that will be considered.

I am also curious what option most players would prefer for artifacts, i.e., keep in-combat swapping or add a 4th slot?
    • Like x 2
  5. zNot Loyal Player

To the minority its a net nerf OP players that benefited from unintented stuff,Thats the point,they can give people what they want (4th slot) without making a larger gap , you are just trying to create a wider gap by saying this i think the goal for the devs is to close the gap not to create a bigger one then we already have and i also am sure most here dont want a wider gap.
    • Like x 1
  6. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well, I am here using grimorium, strategist card, transformation card.
    Then I here taking out quickly transformation card artifact to put in the philosopher stone artifact ( for supply drop) once I use that, I take out the philosophers stone artifact to put in the dead kings specta artifact ( orbital) once I use that, I get eye of Gemini artifact or/and get back the transformation card artifact. The task of having just three slots.
    Overall I think we need more artifacts before a 4th slot, as well the older artifacts dcuo is changed them up, to balanced out for the artifacts throughout the game., adding a fourth slot might badly hinder artifact swapping.
  7. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Not sure about the devs but I think some players do want a wider skill gap. So what is likely to be the consensus player opinion - keep in-combat swapping or add a 4th slot?
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Yeah, I got carried away …
  9. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I liked that part. Is there any prediction of this review happening?
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Don’t consider this, PLEASE! A fourth slot is not needed, it will just introduce more balancing issues, along with spoiling the already rotten commotion that’s coiled around artifacts
  11. Controller Devoted Player

Controllers would become EVEN MORESO "Dps Pets" with a 4th artifact slot.

My opinion.

'What? You mean you want to place a CONTROLLER art in that 4th slot?"

Nope. You place your Claw of Eklund, Tetra, AND Cog. Add perhaps your Rao Amulet in that 4th slot if you wish.

Just rename my in-game main Controller toon to "Fido" if this happens.

[IMG]

I'd adjust "IF" it happens...would not quit the game...but I don't see that 4th slot benefiting Controllers as far as our ORIGINAL role.
  12. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Personally I'd be in favour of removing the ability to swap artifacts mid-combat entirely. It feels more like a cheese than anything, and it's probably only really do-able by PC gamers who have good performance and everything hotkeyed.

Trust me, trying to bring up the menu on a PS4 to change an artifact in the middle of the raid just ain't happening! You'd get knocked out by the time the inventory screen loaded up. It's just not worth the risk.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

That's a good boy, it'll be ok, now does doggy want a treat??!? Good boy! Good boy!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Controller Devoted Player

The hardest part is having to RE-LEVEL a Tetra - after I "had" one at 180 already and feeding it into another art.

Got a claw to 200 last week.

Adding a 4th slot, to me, would be more beneficial to DPS in this game.
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I always wished a 4th slot so I could finally use Commlink
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My tank and healers would disagree.
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Haha yeah get those clarion benefits without caring about the primary stats, bring it on, these guys have no idea what they're asking for and only ever think about their pew pew pew.
    • Like x 4
  18. Controller Devoted Player

They may very well disagree, and you'd be correct BUT try convincing 4-5 Dps in a raid that want to conscript your artifact slot(s) for Dps-specific arts to help their pew pew, lol.

DPS would be like my man The Count:

[IMG]

"One....two....three.....FOUR DPS Arts for our Controller, AH HAHAHAHA......"

I would LOVE to see how 4-Controller specific arts would work - even if that 4th slot is passive. But with the calls for Buff Trolls in this game becoming the norm I'm not counting on it.
  19. Sammy Well-Known Player

Suggestions to help us balance the Game

1. Add a fourth slot
    2. Let earth sorcery and gadgets have Robot Sidekick and their own pet out.
    3. Remove armory cool down
    4. add a hot bar like in World of Warcraft so you can choose what powers or trinkets you wish to use at any time
    5. introduce macros so that you can equip trinkets, use the power associated with them, then replace them with another trinket. Or the same with artifacts.
    6. Switch between DPS and Off Role mid combat as needed.
    7. Equip two-Three sets of origin augments
    8. Auto-equip the appropriate DLC Augments as appropriate to that episode.

Charon! I think these would be better implimentations for the balance of the game! Even if not all work I think at least some of them are feasible!
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I truly hope no dev ever listens to this. You have a habit of making these wild suggestions for no reason other then seemingly want to be op and not try.
    • Like x 10