Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You need to set your character's Weapon Style as either Martial Arts or Brawling. Between the two, you'll have a variety of hand-held large claws to choose from as Weapon Styles, so that you can choose the one that fits your character the best. Click the 2 links in the first sentence to see the decent variety of options the game currently has to offer. :)
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

More tradinaoal ninja garb like this:

The Tech Ninja style is a bit old and also does mix well with a lot.

We already have a Bamboo hat so that is not really needed but A style like this with the Hat attached to the mask or at least a scarf around the mouth like the Sharpshooter. It is also a chance to maybe get a more cloth-like material for the garb. Also this style needs to at least let the emissive eyes, luminous eyes, and eyes of the dusk show.

While were are on that subject: Is it possible to have the Sharp shooter head allow face masks? At least the eyes should be able to be worn. How can I look like Masked Death if My eyes don't glow? Is a change like that hard for old styles?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

While my alter-ego was arguing with a coworker about Best Tiger vs Deadshot I had a random idea.
    Not sure if this is the right place or time, but the random little things that it might be a matter of finding a cohesive way to introduce the style, what about a Multiversal or Hypertime Time Capsule? That way it can be filled with random crap that comes from “this area of the Bleed” or from “a different timeline”? That way there’s no need for an explanation as to why the stuff in the capsule doesn’t really go together.

My alter ego is texting from their register so sorry if this is the wrong thread to post.
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

*ahem* Cheshire?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

Even better!!
    We wouldn't go and change old styles for something like this but it's good to keep in mind for future styles. :)

Maybe? Or more suitable for marketplace. We have a couple options that have potential.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Wonder Woman 50 has redesigned wonder woman to be a fusion of rebirth and the dceu that I would honestly love.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

Can we get a mask that looks like RORSHACH mask. One that moves and reforms into different shapes. I really hope you can do this. It would be amazing
  8. Ascended Well-Known Player

Okay, got you on the reactive mesh/FX stuff. As I've said, I'm not a programmer, I have no idea how this stuff works.

Still like the reactive gear and want to see more along those lines. Maybe pair it with an aura that activates in combat? We have that fire fly aura that only works when you're standing still, so that should be possible right? As well as the Atomic power aura that pops up when you stack your powers.

And yes, I mean the modern Mister Terrific; Michael Holt. Another poster already shared his picture. That mask and jacket would be ballin'
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Multiple tails as a waist piece. Kinda like Ninetales or Kyubimon (as inspiration).
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Multiple bird wings as a back style. Inspired by Angemon/Angewomon.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

More animal head styles. Including:

Lion Head Style
    Trench Head Style (Inspired by the Trench/Summer pet)
    Bear Head Style
    Horse Head Style
    Cyclopes Head Style
    Snake Head Style (an actual snake for a head)
    Hellhound Head Style
    Wrath Demon Head Style
    Dragon Head Style
    Sea Serpent Head Style
    • Like x 2
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

and have all of them the size of the classic hawk wings or wings of sin XD.
  13. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

Can we get killer crocs head? Or reptile skin with a tail?
  14. Megzilla Developer

That's actually really interesting and I want to ask the team about it.
    It's all techno-magic to me too haha.
    A reactive aura is interesting!! I'll ask.
    And I agree :)
    Interesting. I know it'd be neat to have multiple wings and I do feel like the wings would market better but I can ask about tails too.
    His upper body is pretty cool. I'll add it to my list.
    • Like x 2
  15. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Shh!!! Say that and it'll be part of a collection with the usual .00000001% chance of getting the 12th piece to obtain it.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As far as multiple wings go, could they possibly be set to waist, back and shoulder?

Traditionally with seraphs, the top wings cover the face, the bottom cover the feet and the middle are used for flight. That wouldn't really work for our characters, the top wings could be folded above the head from the shoulder, the bottom wings could rest folded behind the legs from the waist (kind of like a bird's tail). The middle could 'flap' and work like normal back wings.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Megzilla Developer

Ah by seraph I meant multiple wings. Would be cool to have just wings everywhere. But that might be too crazy.
    • Like x 2
  18. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Wings everywhere is never a crazy idea!
    • Like x 3
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Those wings would look awesome. Either as three normal bird wings, or three AoS style wings. Or both :)

I do think size of the wings is important though, especially when playing content. Can't be too glitchy, especially considering the issue AoS wings had on the female toon build.

A Holy energy material would look very nice with this as well (if it happened).
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Thanks for looking into it. I think there's probably a market for something like this. You know the Dragon Ball fans would be all over it. :)

And speaking of reactive gear.....is there any chance you guys will add more items to the reactive gear we just got and eventually make a full suit out of it? I asked this sort of question when the spring event first introduced that forest spirit style a year or so back, and this past spring you guys added the chest and legs. Figure it can't hurt to ask again, right? It's not very often we get some good looking gear that is obviously robotic and not just fancy power armor, and the reactive stuff is pretty cool.

And I definitely agree about the Rorschach mask. I think I asked for that myself, many many pages ago. I'd be fine with a whole Watchmen inspired clump of stuff, honestly. The smiley face, Rorschach mask......there's a lot you could do there, from styles to NPC's to DLC content. And DC does have that whole Doomsday Clock story running right now, so synergy could be a thing (and that book won't end any time soon so you'd have time to design and develop the in-game stuff before the comic ends).

Also......I really like this new Cyborg gear you folks have designed, but I'm told it doesn't support an emblem. I think you guys really missed the mark on that one; that chest piece has the perfect place for a logo and it would look so great with the Cyborg emblem I'm sure ya'll will be introducing soon (hinthint, hopehope). :D I know you guys don't revisit gear, and this one hasn't even hit yet (tomorrow!) but....man, an emblem slot would've put this style totally over the top. Just gotta throw it out there. Would adding a emblem slot require much work?