Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Van_Gho Committed Player

A question for everyone, what do you guys currently think of the power?
    I love the power and it gives me what I want but it leaves me filling not quite satisfied.

Patrol catastrophe at tier was a knockdown,drag out, ugly ugly fight for survival for me.
    Deep desires was no walk in the park and actually required some strong survival skills.
    I think what leaves me unsatisfied with electric is that Catastrophe and other events like it are cake walks with other powers.
    People who play those powers complain that it's too easy and it ramps up the difficulty for the under powered powers at least imo.
  2. Toxiic Committed Player

I think dot powers in general have a harder time in solos and duos because it takes longer to kill and in turn makes surviving a bit harder. I love electric but i am a bit unsatisfied knowing i can only heal in raids and alerts and my dps makes duos and solos harder to survive. It's annoying knowing that being in dps role does more bad than good in most senarios but i love electric too much to switch for good. until water comes out that is :p
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I plan on switching back. I don't care for the DPS aspect of Celestial, even though you get burst, you can barely execute a second combo, which is the full AM, before everything dies. Almost all DPS powers are getting shortcuts, so maybe something will happen to help Electricity out down the road. Content that has you DPSing adds every 50m is only conducive to powers with shortcuts or can sustain their buff, like Munitions and the Bullet Frenzy. Basically, once we have a full electrocharge, we should be able to transfer it to another target within so many seconds after a target dies.

Take the 2nd boss of BP that goes through two phases. It's not such a big deal for shortcut powers but for DoT powers it requires a full set up. That is quite a loss. Now if we could transfer that DoT once the second phase starts, then the power would be in a better position. It's really not too much to ask. Gadgets was fixed so that they didn't lose AM damage if their one target dies; Electricity needs something similar.
    • Like x 1
  4. Max Volt Committed Player

That's what I'm hoping for because as it stands now I'm pretty much stuck just healing...unless I run content with the league and somebody is kind enough to heal in my place and let me DPS.

The damage per second difference with other power sets is just... ugly.
    On adds I can barely get half AM rotation out and everything is dead already. I tried to work with WM, but the power drain and the lack of large burst numbers doesn't make it worth to use it.
    On bosses it's a little better since you can get your AM rolling, but the numbers are still disappointing ... my 7k damage ticks are nothing compared to the 150k crits the other power sets get.
    • Like x 5
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah Most powersets maintain dps when active and interrupted:
    Quantum, ice, fire, munitions, atomic(Can recover via Combo, can't recover with Geiger AM)
    Only 2 powersets have shortcuts and that's mental/gadgets.

I like the concept of having the electrocharge spread once an enemy dies, that would also work nicely if that same rule applied to nature's dots.

Also: I hope they look into combo powersets- I'm worried that HL, Rage, and Celestial will be left behind. If they get interrupted, then they have to restart from scratch.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ice AM is a short cut compared to what Fire had to go through. Now Fire is like Ice.

I need to look into DoT transference more closely. I'm not sure 100% how it behaves now but that us something that should be explored prior to Tunso getting his hands on an update. Too many people complain about the damage without offering viable solutions. I doubt they will go for a new AM for the Amperage tree so we need to push for even more functionality out of Voltage.
  7. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Just changed back to electricity today. Don't care, won't be top DPS, but I'll love my power again.
    • Like x 3
  8. Tanksblaze Well-Known Player

I say one way to increase our damage is to have wired give us double the damage increase. They could add burst damage to each power of the AM. They could make a burst AM out of the amperage tree. They said they would hotfix the powers if they needed a tune up. But it has been months and nothing has been done.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's not realistic to expect a new AM. I know, Atomic. I have been suggesting in threads an overall increase in stationary DoT fields, like Electrocute. It's truly not worth speccing into when your boss randomly moves, like Avatar of Sin.

Burst needs to go back into E-burst I agree. Putting it on AL was a mistake because Gadgets and Mental can both Electrify. When ID gets buffed, I would even remove AL from a loadout since Wired will probably get your PI on there if another power didn't already do it. That would probably be the best way to max solo target damage. Of course then you would need a separate loadout for adds or rely on consumables.
  10. EP Ice Loyal Player

I totally agree. The constant interruptions are very frustrating as well as they cause me to lose power.

If I am on Max, I will always heal so you can dps. I love healing over dpsing anyway. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Tanksblaze Well-Known Player

Atomic isnt the only one. I believe hard light has two in one(combos and unlimited hit counter). So its not that unrealistic.;) We can at least get a shortcut power.
    • Like x 2
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

It is very unrealistic. Spord has even mentioned that Atomic just happened to fit together while it was getting designed and to not expect it for other or future powers.

The first HL AM actually was actually just the addition of a power return as some HL players had mentioned at SOE Live that they had found a method that could keep up, but was power hungry. It has since been abandoned as it didn't even get updated for the old melee/full range balancing.

They have addressed the lack of burst for Electricity in the past, GU41, but Electricity's extra burst on Arc Lightning was much more poorly designed than Briar's extra burst. It didn't get much attention in the midst of the PvP season update, and slowly AMs kept on following a power creep that made the extra burst too weak.

Since so many people are complaining about the lack of burst, and since they have shown that they have thought about the DoT AMs' burst in the past, they will likely get updated to have appropriate burst during their setup, and hopefully Electricity's will be changed to be less convoluted like Nature's.
    • Like x 2
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I still don't know why they don't just temporarily raise the DoT damage as a Band Aid until the actual update.
    • Like x 3
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

because if you do for one, then HL, Rage and Nature will boo boo that they didn't get a temporary hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  15. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think a good start (especially for hallways and other assorted groups of adds( would be if you have Wired up, Voltaic Bolt would apply the large combined DoT upon cast, but only continue if the Electro charge powers were used immediately after.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I haven't dps'd a raid since bombshell, so I don't know what to think. I found the solos pretty easy, but for deep desires I was probably near max cr of the previous episode so that is not a good measure. I can solo the duos easily on my 143 rage dps, but have to work extra hard with my 150 electric dps just to survive. I think that is more due to the rage self heals than the lower damage. I wish they would give a gu50 hot fix as promised, but the other gu50 powers would probably need attention too.
  17. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I like the burst on AL, I just feel that we should get extra burst from all the powers that makes sense instead of just AL (AL, VB, EBurst, and Egen). It would also be nice if Shockwave was added to the AM as a nice burst power for those times when it does not pay off to set up Dots. They could even make it a "extra burst if target is electrified" type thing. Plus the burst from AL would have to get bumped up a bit also.

Overall I like the AM as is it just needs some burst added...and Shockwave. An argument could be made for Tesa Ball also I think that SW stands a better chance though.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm thinking about making a factual forum post, highlighting why the Electricity AM is inferior. It's not a matter anymore of saying the damage sucks. I think that has been made clear. But it needs to be laid out to Tunso and Spord why the construction of the AM is a failure.
    • Like x 4
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah the functionality of the AM makes it doomed from the start because it all comes back to time.
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Isn't it obvious though? As long as enemies in content are short lived Dot powersets will always fall behind.

However you can't go back and adjust the health of all the adds in past content.

So I wonder if they will scrap the dot am and create a new am which is why they saved them to be last
    • Like x 2