Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

So I recently went back to leveling up my electric toon. I have to say, the concept of the AM is sound but the regen sucks and voltaic bolt is just weak sauce, it should be hitting way harder I think. It's such a shame b/c it's such a cool looking power, probably one of the coolest imho.
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain Domino Committed Player

Hello everyone, I recently started playing my hero again (he's electric) and was wondering if someone could help me out with a solid DPS AM loadout/rotation. I don't have enough SP just yet for WM but, wasn't all that interested in WM anyways. Electricity has always been one the coolest looking powers imo, but feel like a total noob using it since it's been so long lol.

Any help or tips is appreciated! :)
    • Like x 1
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

I use Electrogenisis>Arc Lightning>Electrocute>Voltaic Bolt>Wired>Tesla Ball

If you don't have weapon mastery than you can spam Arc>Voltaic Bolt until Egen comes off cool down and then repeat rotation.

I do very decent damage with this rotation. Just a way if you want to try it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Captain Domino Committed Player

Awesome, thanks a lot man! I'll give it a whirl :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Nightling Active Player

Itried it.
    it still unsuccessfull compared to the other powers...
    It is a shame to let people play with this type power...

I am so depressed...
  6. Max Volt Committed Player

Unsuccesfull is not exactly a good term to describe lightning.
    Lightning was doing just fine until every single new power and powers revamp done by the DCUO team boosted the damage output of every other power but Lightning....

And honestly we still do OK and it's a fun power to play with, just the scoreboards numbers are a little disappointing, and the main reason is because we lack of a large damage burst while our AM is running, and because our powers used in conjunction with Weapon mastery still don't produce high enough numbers.

Lately i've been fiddling around with different load out idea thinking what if.....
    for example boosting the damage of Shockwave, Static Push and E bomb while used with WM would take care of getting good damage numbers on trash mobs.

The Higher damage of Shockwave combined with AM would also help on both Raid bosses and solo/duo/alert content.

Tesla Ball could be made to react with AM and explode ( just like overcharge) to inflict large burst damage.

Ionic Drain which works decently as a 35% finisher could have its damage boosted and have the second tick doing AoE damage as well.

This changes I believe would have a very good impact on the DPS side of Lightning bringing us at par with the other powers
    • Like x 3
  7. Pults Loyal Player

Been thinking, electricity could use a second AM which would be pure might based and as simple as quantum has it. And it would use the amperage tree
    Electro Static Bomb could be the Time Bomb of electricity. In order for it to give off a big gang, the player must polarize targets 3 times with powers such as Spark Barrage, Attract, Overcharge, Static Push or the supercharge Circuit Breaker.
    Electro Static Bomb would remove any electro charges (DoTs) except Electrocute.
    For the damage to reach the 35/30/25 mark a player must have Wired active. Electrocute is optional.
    For example a full roation would be ESB clipped with Wired, Attract, Static Push, Spark Barrage or Electrocute clipped with wired, ESB, Attract, SP, SB.

Thoughts?
  8. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I would rather them get our first one right before they "attempt" a second that could take years to get correct.
    • Like x 3
  9. Pults Loyal Player

True enough but having more options is never worse. Too bad any changes to electricity are more than 6 months away. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

What's really interesting is that Ionic Drain is a pretty common power for healers to run with. If it gets buffed the way Fire's finisher is on test you'll see Electric healers out-damaging Electric dps when enemies get below 35%.:eek:
  11. L T Devoted Player

I think you're being overly pessimistic here. Given that they have 4 powers with updates on test right now, I'm hoping for an electric update just in time for Christmas.
    • Like x 1
  12. Van_Gho Committed Player

does ionic have a use in dps stance? I used to run it as a healer before I got more comfortable with healing
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yep could be interesting when it comes around.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ice, Mental, Munitions will need very little reworking. I fear that HL and weapons are going to be very intensive and will need a lot of testing so I hope that is up next. Weapon buffs will help Electricity greatly in the meantime.
    • Like x 1
  15. krytine Loyal Player

Noooooo I done want an update for Elect4ic that soon. If they do that that means they 2ill not be addressing hardly any of the issues for electric. I want the healer side reworked so we can be the burst healer and damage healer we were meat as. I.e. Tesla ball is not in the dps am but has the same animation as electrocute. If 8t was reworked to do damage and heals over time 400 to 800 without crits and if you were on the outer range of it you would receive a slow tick and towards the center a fast tick. Galvanize should have a push back effect when used and Flux bubble should have one when it is ended like an explosion push back. All the dots should have there rate increased once enemies are electrified
    • Like x 1
  16. Pults Loyal Player

It can go 3 ways. Either electricity will perform too good for a while or it will perform slightly better or it will be weaker (if the target is to make the powers stronger and weapon damage less meaningful).
    But I do hope electricity gets an update to healing as well. I'd rather have some of the burst healing powers become HoTs than deal with only burst healing. In alerts it works well but in raids it consumes way too much power and the range is a huge problem as well. I don't see why the range limitation should stay as it is now.
    Bio-cap could be turned into a HoT that evenly splits the health for 5-6 seconds. Galvanize's strength could be incresed.
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Ionic drain does extra damage in an enemy is below 35%. But it's not part of the AM and is at the end of the power tree, so pretty much no electric dps has it in the power tree. If you had a WM loadout you could have it.It actually is the hardest hitting power used with WM when a single target is below 35%.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

While Electricity might not have the HoTs of Celestial, it can be way more effective than Celestial for bringing everyone back up to full health. Galvanize has exactly the same range as Cross Pollination. But you must know when to cast it. I have seen the heals travel down a line before. BC and BS have greater range than people think. Same for ID and the SCs. So aside from the 15m restrictions of Galvanize, it comes down to E-burst and E-gen which are both situational IMO and Arc Lightning, which I feel is the only limited power because it has a 25m restriction, due to its might component.

If you think Electricity has limited range, let me introduce you to Sorcery with its stationary and localized heals.

In case you are wondering, my DC loadout is BC, BS, E-burst, E-gen, Wired and Flux. My UM loadout is BC, BS, AL, Galvanize, Flux and Invigorate.
    • Like x 1
  19. Nightling Active Player

Ijust want love for electric dps i can't play DCUO if it does'nt change...
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What are you talking about? It's going to change. Whether you choose to be happy with the change will be up to you.