If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Not really. The guy who is scanning people for stats won't be taking people that are listed as private.... He would miss out on a great player of course but I'm assuming she won't be opting out or private anyway.

That was the entire point of the line. If the guys going to be screening, you're better off being 108/65 than Private.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My only point was that they were private prior to the census data being available. I am not arguing who the information belongs to; I am only making that point that a pretty drastic change occurred basically overnight to how we can view other characters.
    • Like x 1
  3. Petralka Well-Known Player

I have no problems with letting pugs see my information since I never have a problem with that but on non pug related such a duels, pvp or just inspect my character in non raid or alert now that another story :cool:
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Huh? I could inspect you, scroll through all your gear and mods and get damn close if not spot on your CR. This just saves time and will give us the number straight away. SP is intended to be shown in the new user interface, so debating that one is a lost cause as well.... You didn't lose any "privacy" here....

Check out Sore's newest version, it has a pic of your toon. It's pretty sweet. :D
    • Like x 2
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

people can see my stats ...so what

i'm cr 108 113 sp power ice now tell me how someone knowing that is a bad thing?
  6. same Johnny Dedicated Player

That name tossing bothers me as well. Both sides would benefit from realising that A- It's not just low CR/SP that dislike the app, and B- not everyone that likes the app is trigger happy on the kick button or is unwilling to help out someone with low CR/SP.

A consensus would be far easier with mutual respect and those who are using this as a troll tool could be weeded out.
    • Like x 2
  7. Volkenraider Loyal Player

As Tazzaxe said in the comment above, you don't own and never owned that information. Amanda Bailey (if that is your toons name) has never been your "property".

If SOE wishes for that info to be made available (which they will) then its their call to make, regardless of what you feel is yours
    • Like x 3
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So now you want to be able to show your stats only when forming a group and not during an inspection during any other part of the game ?!?!?

You're definitely just paranoid at that point.
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

It got to the point where nothing new is being said so were just poking fun at it,

Pro Appers - L33TS - Everything thats wrong with the game
    Anti Appers - Not L33TS - Victims of kicks and abuse

xD
    • Like x 1
  10. Petralka Well-Known Player

I think you are misunderstand in here, I clearly said that I have no problems during a pug let my info been see but why let any stranger person see my info and non alert or pug related? do I have to remind you that something like this happen 2 when some random guy was looking at my info and trashing about and even after I block him, he info other people about? that reason was enough for me to stop playing DC

Seriously I feel like I've been talking with walls for the past few days
  11. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I had 124 SP when I was at 103 CR, I had 100+ SP when I was in T5 content. I am now 106 CR and 152.95 SP. To get SP means getting feats from older content and farming.
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, I saw the same thing happen through LFG on USPC the day Sore's app went live. People started harassing a player in LFG just because he was looking for a group and only had like 170 SP after playing for 3 years. It was pretty childish behavior.
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

No, I remember you saying that. That is what /ignore and /report are for though. Let the moderators do their jobs. I will say I hope they make it easier to report harassing players with the new UI as well. It's crazy that you have to go to their site to file a ticket, and all that.... Or so I've heard, I've never had to report anyone, I just pay them no attention.

If they can do a "private" setting (a very big IF here) then I'm guessing it'll either be on of off; not on, off, or on for groups, etc.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Well I can narrow that down for ya a bit Johnny. I found a nature healer whom I consider better than me. I wont mention any names but it's safe to say he's written an extensive nature guide on both damage and healing on the forums here. I messaged him and asked for his nature healers name so I can compare stats and see how he balances resto precision and dom. This way I could compare it to my own and see if there's room for improvement. I've yet to use the app while actually playing but I love the feat tab as well, it helps me to focus on what I want my next goal to be.

PS I hate the word "L33T" however elitism will happen no matter what.
    • Like x 1
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

And I saw none of it on USPS.....

Report the guy, add him to ignore and move on.

I would've landed on the guys same radar, I've been on since launch and have only 170SP.... Since they removed the hours played though he couldn't see I only really get to play a few hours on the weekend because my pesky real life gets in the way of a game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Radiohead New Player

:rolleyes: sure you did
  17. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Regardless of the app there will always be those cases, people will find ways to abuse you -

Sorry it happened to you, I really am, but people who get a kick out of abusing others will do it regardless of the app or not
    • Like x 2
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Are you sure you did this? I think the app was only created for elitists and griefers.... :D
  19. Petralka Well-Known Player

I get the feeling that things are going to get even worse from now on and I wouldn't be part of it.
  20. same Johnny Dedicated Player

The thing is I'm not really sure "poking fun at it" is that constructive. I do know it leads to further stress so I try to stay away from it and that is exactly why I've been less vocal since the official thread was closed. But to each its own and I am not blaming you personally for anything that has been going on in the last week.

I also think this thread adds absolutely nothing new to the discussion and here we are, 10 pages in...
    • Like x 1