Marks of Triumph Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 6, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

i think s/he means why is there a cap, period.
  2. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Thank you for the update.

My concern is with the way you worded how we're going to be refunded. Are we getting all of our lost marks back? I lost 125k on one toon, and 138k on another. Some how I lost more marks than I actually converted. I wouldn't be as upset if I hadn't used replay badges to max out my Marks of Reality but I did.

Are we getting some of our lost marks? Or all?
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The longer this goes, the more worried I am about the cap interfering with the marks I've made since the marksaccre(tm). I lost 130K of marks, and running Nexus, Dox, and A&B, when the marks are refunded, I'm going to be well over the cap by the time the replacement happens. What will happen to those marks in excess of the cap? I wouldn't have consumed the case of marks, if I had been near the cap in the original circumstance.
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

From my understanding this was a bug on the test server that never got reported .
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I actually have to echo what some other people are asking. At this stage is there really any need for a cap on Marks of Triumph at all? As time goes forward and more tiers are released the cap will just get increased and increased to accommodate the larger prices. Why not just eliminate the cap completely for Marks of Triumph and just keep one in place for whatever the current highest PVE Tier mark is? (MoF for now, and then whatever marks come after MoF)
    • Like x 6
  6. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

139 marks of reality lost. Hope it just isn't a random number.
  7. thenewkidd New Player

I have to apologize.

I was just upset more at the situation that I cannot earn any more triumph... I have everything that Triumph buys in both roles... so that is why I am upset...

I understand WHY the cap was reduced... I just feel that the cap will not be raised or it will take much longer than expected to what "temporarily" means...
    Temp could mean 2 weeks... Temp could mean 2 years... it's very relative.
    That said...
    I cannot think of a reason why there was a cap created in the first place (as in from the get go at game creation?)... why is there a problem with people having 7 mil triumph?
  8. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

This was answered serveral times why there is a cap and reguardless if its good or bad.
  9. Jamie New Player

You are lucky it was a bug. I was fully planning on harassing you next time I saw you online. :)
  10. DarthDiggler New Player

This is good news, but I am not a big fan of the Mark caps, the better alternative is to provide useful stuff for us to buy at all times.

Also you should be able to buy Marks of Valor with your excess Marks of Legend. Perhaps only make this option available once you have purchased all the Legends Characters.

Have you considered raising the cap on the Marks of Merit feats?
    • Like x 1
  11. Andre Smith New Player

If this is the case thn it was worth sending in that ticket when I lost my marks of triumph. I know I was was almost over 185,000 before I lost the majority over a three day period. Thanks for the update Mepps.
  12. Grees New Player

Lost some of them Mepps? Some I lost 125,000 marks I don't consider that some. Hopefully you got something planned for those who lost over 100k+ marks but I'll see what happens :)
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I lost 158k... I logged back in about 30 mins later, and only had like 869...
  14. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I suggest to raise the cap of other marks,it'll be pretty cool and awesome
  15. Grees New Player

That's pretty much the same thing I was at a little over 133k and when I hopped back on I had like 8559 or something like that.
    • Like x 1
  16. 00Soul New Player

did anyone else get a email from support closing their ticket on lost marks, with it marked solved ?
  17. Project ace New Player

ello,

yes i did as well then i wrote them back saying no its not fixed and i stopped paying for the game and they sent this.
    The issue with the Marks should be fixed by next week. Please keep an eye on the forum post linked below for any update information on this issue.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/marks-of-triumph-update.203697/
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have determined that you do not need to open tickets with CS. We will be hitting everyone impacted by next Wednesday.
    • Like x 4
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Is the cap still at around 65,000? Don't want to run the T5 raid resets yet if so because I'm at around 55k. Might as well buy a War of the Light weapon style with it. Missing three weapon styles from that vendor to add to my weapon style collection.
    • Like x 2
  20. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

I've brought this up, but no green name ever replied, but I do agree though I think they ought to put something in the game for us to spend our MoTs on, and remove the cap of JUST the MoT.

because think about MoT come from 5 levels of content now, FIVE, thats alot of MoT that can be earned in a single days time.

at least 40k

12.5k per T5 raid
    3k per T4
    1250 (I think) per T2

not to mention the lump sum from T5 alerts, duo's, and solo's. + T4 content
    • Like x 1