New Exclusive Auras and your Favorite Marketplace Items Return in the New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 19, 2014.

1. TheMysticStar Level 30

That aura wasn't bad in that commercial, but if it were brighter yeah OD'ed indeed. ^_^
  2. TheMysticStar Level 30

Oh, and here's an update get your SC online from Walmart through e-delivery $14.99 USD for 1500SC and get 500SC bonus. Buy two for $30 get 4000SC save you $10 USD
    • Like x 1
  3. rexstone89 New Player

@ DCUO, Whom ever you're team of business men behind this bundle plan were or still are, I have to say, DUMBS DOWN. You guys would have made more money selling this bundle like it is without having us taking a chance in getting the auras we ALL want. Simply, making 3 different bundles, one for each uncommon aura (Yes, i know they wouldn't be so uncommon if we all bought into them, but still uncommon in the sense that they don't drop in the game and you have to buy them.) would have landed you more money. (BUT, you guys thought why not take the chance and see if people would go and buy into this bundle more than 3 times.) Selling 3 different bundles would have landed you more people buying all three bundles, Thats 90 dollars for all bundles. Making your fans mad is the last thing you guys want to do.
    Thanks for the bug fixes and new features. keep up the good work.

PS: Not to brag or anything but i have a little experience in this field. I have a degree in Business Administration and Statistics. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Meta Man New Player

Just echoing some of the things I've seen in the thread, firstly that I also liked the slimmer auras better. Also, it would be nice if there were additions to the style items in the marketplace more often, including, of course, auras. If the auras that are already out remain exclusive that is fine, as people paid for the exclusivity of them, but why not release some in the marketplace also? I am a legendary member and would buy an aura from the marketplace in a hot second, but paying twenty dollars for a mere chance at one gives me pause, especially when the other contents of the booster box are things I would literally never use. By contrast, this game has excellent options for weapon styles that easily match each power set, why not do the same with auras? I don't doubt that those weapon sets would sell for twice what they cost now if they included an aura. I hate to say it, but Champions Online is ahead of the curve on this, ironic since they copied DC's idea for character auras, but they were intuitive enough to the players to offer them as style items in their marketplace.
    • Like x 3
  5. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

Give me my aura !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is anyone else having a problem trying to buy the booster bundle. I have 3000 marketplace cash and every time I try to purchase the booster bundle the (x Buy) part un-highlights. Is it because i'm legendary or is this a bug????????????????????????
    tried to re-log, tried on alt and one person in my league (also on the ps4) cant buy it with his 7200 mc.
  6. Dammacx New Player

I agree with many of the people that have posted here and other places about this. If people are going to spend money on this they should get at least one of the uncommon or rare auras and leave the common ones out of the box. You can keep it random among the 3 but at least have a for sure get at one of them. Also I would much rather fork over 1000 SC for a aura that I for sure want than a random chance at one I might want. A nice selection of different auras that could be bought in the market place would be more profitable for DCUO in the long run instead of the quick cash grabs. The other hybrid option is to do the bundle with all of the stuff in it and also include a "un-attuned" aura and/or weapon pack so the get all the stuff plus a choice of something they really want. Leave the random drops for promo boxes, the vault, and in game drops but when it comes to people shelling out the money they should get what they want.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Membership status won't affect it. Does logging all the way out and back into the game have any impact?
  8. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Tried that i even turned my system completely off. I bought a armory to make sure i could purchase items and i got my armory leaving me 2400. Now im on the bundle now see------------------>h-ttp://www.twitch.tv/ragehard23
  9. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

auras are trade-able
  10. Laff Riot New Player

What a joke. 4 boxes bought and 4 purple auras later.

I seriously think that if you paid $20 you should get one of the rare auras and if you paid lets say like $10 you get a complete random aura. Or something along those lines.
    • Like x 2
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

I don't see any mention of a bonus on Walmart's site?
  12. kidd94kidd New Player

i understand the auras are at random but come on 3 white auras, thats just gay
  13. OGM_Madness New Player

Why did you change the old Plasmic too? It looks Green, much more green than usual. At first it was white with like light blue-ish green hue to it, but now it is just Green. Was it a mistake? It really turns one off to log in and see your toon looking different from where you left him off the night before. I'm not a Green Lantern and I don't like it. Very displeased with it.
  14. Stark23 Committed Player

Edit, found the correct item with the bonus but says only avaialbe in stores.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please contact support so we can investigate. http://help.soe.com
  16. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Mepps the original plasmic aura is somehow green now... is that intended?
  17. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

Mepps, I'll give you $20 right now for the blue plasmic aura, deal??
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No. We will fix.
    • Like x 1
  19. NightVengence New Player

Yes I was going to confirm I see the original plasmic as a green aura. How long are you able to buy the booster packs?
  20. Laff Riot New Player

Will they refund me my $40 if they take back 2 of the booster gold boxes? Because I can tell you that I DONT NEED 4 purple auras. I am pissed about this. I know we take a chance but 4 of them? Thats an absolute slap to the junk and you **** well know it!
    • Like x 2