Work-In-Progress Livestream!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Whoever told you that is just spouting crap. The devs said that they do want to revamp the Controller role to be more close what they originally envisaged it as but if/when they do that it will have to be part of a game update. You cannot change a fundamental part of the game and then tie it to a DLC, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    • Like x 3
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

On some level, you are wrong. They made a new tank mechanic called Rage Crash and put it in a DLC.
    Sorry, I had to. :p
  3. Boyoblivious New Player

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. Of course there's going to be healers, tank, and DPS's. If they limit the controllers to just crowd control why run with one. I'm sure you have ran with people Or seen shouted out in LFG "need solo healer for Dox".
    Just like they have it right now, you don't need a tank for dates or prime. They want as many DPS's as possible. Like I heard this dude say " we don't need a tank bro; we need the burn".
  4. Horrorshow New Player

He was talking about a major change to one class in a DLC. They would not do that in a DLC. Rage crash is a new power mechanic for Rage tanks and DPS.
  5. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

My two guesses at the new game mechanic is that is has something to do with skill points cause soon were gonna be able to purchase sp for our Alts...or maybe finally using up that blank spot above the face...maybe u could equip 2 weapons at the same time....like duel wield and rifle....one melee and one range...it could be like duel wield could be equipped to the square buttons and rifle could be used for the triangle moves or vise versa...but these are just my guesses...
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Spytle has confirmed a couple of times over the past few weeks that it is a new mechanic involving skill points.
  7. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

Oooooo:eek: I like this idea, Approved! :D
  8. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

The last one! It has to be that! I want my own Battle Cat!
  9. Mr.Me New Player

Your cherry picking one thing that was said after DLC 8 and Cele powers where introduced, they said recently on FNL after DLC 9 dropped that there won't be anymore powers as long they still have to support PS3 because it doesn't have the Ram to be able to render them, and still render all the existing ones.

They have also stated their currently there's no plans as far as development for 2015, probably just meant that they don't have anything to announce yet, but who knows. For all we know this game right now is helping to pay for the new EQ, and that Sony doesn't plan to renew the license with DC and will close the game at the end of the year because its more cost effective than continued development of DCUO. We don't know, and that's what makes your justification of the need to generate profit just a tad naive.

I've got a PS - 5 for sale with your name on it, I swear, just go a head and mail me a check now and I'll box it up and send it to you... What do you mean they haven't made a PS5 yet and might never make one? Since when do you let little questions like that stop you from buying something?

Jens has also said as much on the forums recently, and in one of the Odyssey podcast. (You can look those up your self and spend the time listening for it, cause I'm working 7 days a week and have better stuffto do with the couple hours I have off.)
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...y-the-guess-the-next-power-game.183043/page-2

I didn't say there won't ever be new powers, I'm saying there won't be any while they still have to support PS3, and like it or not PS3 is a slowly dieing machine that in 1-2 years will hardly be supported at all by anyone. Sony isn't going to do anything to save PS3 cause that would cost money, and they would rather you buy a PS4 cause that would make them some money. Since your all for them doing what ever they want so they can make a buck you should be happy about this then. If your not happy about it then maybe you should stop arguing in favor of them doing what ever it takes to turn a buck 24/7, huh?

As Jamie says in this forum post. https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-ps3-vs-ps4.192556/page-4
    The more you add to the game the more the game has to render, be it New Zones, Power, NPC's, what ever its all stuff the game needs to draw and that takes resources that the PS3 doesn't have to spare. There's no magic button that's gonna make more Ram for PS3, so either they tone things down to free space, come up with some other way to make room so that new stuff can be added, or stop supporting PS3 and focus on PS4 and PC since they have resources to spare.

Here is a more technical explanation if your interested. http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lawnspdf/lawn185.pdf

My point is that yes making profit can be a bad thing, that's why its possible to price your self out of the market. No one is entitled to make a living, everyone is entitled to an attempt at making a living. No ones entitled to a guarantied pay day just cause they showed up to work and kinda got a few things done. If you where entitled to a make a living you could sit at home and money would just show up, that's kinda what entitlement means. People also have every right to want to save as much money as they can, and not waste their earnings, but apparently that just makes you a "complainer," around here.

The game is entertainment and having to constantly buy things after you paid upfront for membership is far from "entertaining," and yes people do have to pay for things whether they want to or not, or else they fall behind and how entertaining is not being able to compete/play in the same sand box?

DC/Warner Bro.s entertainment licenses the rights to use their IP, characters, and lore to Sony, and Sony uses them to produce this game, while DC retains creative oversight of its characters and world its doesn't really have much to do with the physical game its self which Sony owns, and this is why its called a partnership. If its a DC game why don't they advertise it on their mega successful movies and cartoons, or sell DCUO toys, merch., and comics?

Sigh I've grown bored of this, have fun driving prices up for the rest of us until you get bored and quit the game, and thanks for your contribution of "Paying more is guuuuuud! Everyone should pay as much as possible, and I like paying monies cause it makes me feel like I'm not poor!" What would we ever do with out people like you?...
  10. GodofSorcery New Player

OMGrapes I can't wait I have been playing for 7 months went Legendary after playing for 4 months and I have yet to regret it so far keep up the good work Devs!!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. BriWi Well-Known Player

OK, I could use a bit of clarity on this issue if you all don't mind. I read all of the posts here and haven't found anything from the devs saying that this is going to be feat-based, just the usual player supposition. Could someone kindly link their thread sources for saying the new mechanic will have something to do with skill points?
    The other thing I got from reading the thread is the name of the mechanic. It appeared to me from reading Mepp's initial post is that the next DLC pack is going to be named Amazon Fury, not the new mechanic. So are some people speculating on the nature of the mechanic from the name of the DLC pack or did I miss something?
  12. Brother Power Level 30

That would be awesome :)
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Just came back from work and saw this, I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  14. Mary Bliss Committed Player

Yeah they'd have to change the mechanics for tanking and lock it with DLC though. Pulling aggro and holding block isn't new.

I guess you could say base mods and utility belt are mechanics but they don't really bring enough new to the table...

To me if we get something useful to spend skillpoints on, it's sort of admitting innates were never needed because you can be sure people with 20 skillpoints will completely ignore passive stats if new mechanic offers something better.

And how future proof is it for people with 170 skillpoints.

I am leaning towards the mechanic being equally useless as regular innates but am for sure curious to see how daring they were on this one.
  15. AlyceKrow New Player

yes, what
    yawn, whatevs
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

I was goofin' with my reply. Geez, not enough humor in the world I guess.

My guess.....if its involving SP......new movement mode. Nuff said.
  17. Anahitta New Player

Relax you'll will know whats happening when they live stream it, don't make assumptions till you'll know what is actually going on.

Dcuo you are making me very nervous as a Controller... lol
  18. Anahitta New Player

Relax you'll will know whats happening when they live stream it, don't make assumptions till you'll know what is actually going on.

Dcuo you are making me very nervous as a Controller... lol :(
  19. Kzinti Committed Player

Jens did mention in the last PVE challenge about using teleportation as new movement mode. Maybe we can get and quantum tunnel type ability at bottom of movement tree
  20. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Why run with Controllers that crowd control? I'd like to see you run the new Assault & Battery operation without a controller that can crowd control. Let me know how that goes for you.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.